Human Study - Taurine Effective For Blood Pressure And Maybe Even Cvd

haidut

Forum Supporter
There have been many studies with taurine on biomarkers like blood pressure, cholesterol, seizures, electrolyte imbalance, etc. However, the human studies with it a few and most of them did not do a double-blind placebo controlled setup. This study was double blind and placebo controlled and found that the relatively low dose of 1.6g taurine daily for 12 weeks was effective in reducing blood pressure in humans and improved vascular function. Incidentally, this is the dose Ray himself recommended to a few people over email. The improvements of vascular function are important since they are a hint that taurine may prevent/treat CVD as well.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26781281

"...Taurine supplementation significantly decreased the clinic and 24-hour ambulatory BPs, especially in those with high-normal BP. Mean clinic systolic BP reduction for taurine/placebo was 7.2/2.6 mm Hg, and diastolic BP was 4.7/1.3 mm Hg. Mean ambulatory systolic BP reduction for taurine/placebo was 3.8/0.3 mm Hg, and diastolic BP was 3.5/0.6 mm Hg. In addition, taurine supplementation significantly improved endothelium-dependent and endothelium-independent vasodilation and increased plasma H2S and taurine concentrations. Furthermore, changes in BP were negatively correlated with both the plasma H2S and taurine levels in taurine-treated prehypertensive individuals. To further elucidate the hypotensive mechanism, experimental studies were performed both in vivo and in vitro. The results showed that taurine treatment upregulated the expression of hydrogen sulfide-synthesizing enzymes and reduced agonist-induced vascular reactivity through the inhibition of transient receptor potential channel subtype 3-mediated calcium influx in human and mouse mesenteric arteries. In conclusion, the antihypertensive effect of chronic taurine supplementation shows promise in the treatment of prehypertension through improvement of vascular function."

kaybb

I am looking for help on how to prevent low level seizures that result in migraine, vertigo & extreme fatigue. The episodes occur with weather....cloudy, rainy & sometimes windy conditions. I am taking caffeine and take some taurine like you suggest. ( Also other RP methods ...diet, bag breathing, magnisum, thyroid) IYO, would taurine be something I could use for this problem ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am looking for help on how to prevent low level seizures that result in migraine, vertigo & extreme fatigue. The episodes occur with weather....cloudy, rainy & sometimes windy conditions. I am taking caffeine and take some taurine like you suggest. ( Also other RP methods ...diet, bag breathing, magnisum, thyroid) IYO, would taurine be something I could use for this problem ?

Both taurine and glycine, alone or in combination, have been studied for this before. If you Google each amino in regards to seizures you will find the info. It's usually higher doses like 5g taurine that can do that. I can't speak for effectiveness/safety though. Also, progesterone and its metabolite allopregnanolone are approved anti-seizure drugs in come countries.

kaybb

Both taurine and glycine, alone or in combination, have been studied for this before. If you Google each amino in regards to seizures you will find the info. It's usually higher doses like 5g taurine that can do that. I can't speak for effectiveness/safety though. Also, progesterone and its metabolite allopregnanolone are approved anti-seizure drugs in come countries.
Thank you! I have tried 4 other anti-seizure medicines over the past two years. So I am happy to check these suggestions out.

yerrag

I should add 1.6g/day of taurine to lower my blood pressure.

I noticed that when I went on a 2 week fruit fast, I had to cheat somewhere in between (it was New Year's Eve) and I ate plenty of meat. I came home to see my blood pressure very much lowered (after I also did a 2-hour infrared mat therapy).

The drop was very significant, but I wasn't able to repeat it afterwards. It was certainly not instrument or human error. I went back to eating meat, and my blood pressure went down.

This made me think I was deficient on some amino acids. I'm now back on meat, but I'll also add taurine. I'll also add gelatin through food.

Teres

Be careful with Taurine and especially when combining it with other BP-lowering substances.

Today 5 grams of Taurine and 2.5 miligrams of Bromocriptine (first time use, first tablet) put me in a state I don't want to experience again. The sphygmomanometer showed blood pressure 80/45, pulse 85. Subjectivelly the feeling can be described as never-ending fainting without losing consciousness while being constantly close, and narrowed vision, accompanied by cold waves across the face. It lasted several minutes before ending it with a salty drink and cup of coffee.