Progesterone - Not A Sex Hormone, But A Systemic Health Hormone

hei

What could be the problem if progesterone doesn't seem to provide any sedation?

SonOfEurope

What could be the problem if progesterone doesn't seem to provide any sedation?

Probably not absorbing it well...

Take a full spoon of progest - e (300mg) right before a meal that has generous medium-to-longer chain fats I'm it and if you're not falling asleep after an hour or two... You probably have an excessive activity of cortisol and glutamate but the p4 and thyroid should correct that over time if given ample nutrients.

Peater Pan

Take a full spoon of progest - e (300mg) right before a meal that has generous medium-to-longer chain fats I'm it and if you're not falling asleep after an hour or two... You probably have an excessive activity of cortisol and glutamate but the p4 and thyroid should correct that over time if given ample nutrients.
300 mg is safe for a guy? So this would be a way to test if one is hypercortisol? What would happen if one was low on cortisol?

tankasnowgod

But I've reduced my progesterone to 14mg a day, It helped me come off benzodiazepines after a struggle of 2 years... I'm clean 39 days now.

Totally off the benzos? Congrats! I thought you still had a while to go on the taper.

Charger

Experimented with Progesterone for the first time this week. Used like 20mg 2-3 times this week along with 5mg DHEA.

Very GABA like and chilled at first, but I'm pretty sure my DHT/test has been lowered... **** is dead, very similar to what I felt physically Post-Finasteride, which makes sense to me now that Finasteride was basically made from Progesterone.

Is there anyway to quickly lower Progesterone? Or is it simply a matter of increasing DHT/5ar back up?

Progesterone

Experimented with Progesterone for the first time this week. Used like 20mg 2-3 times this week along with 5mg DHEA.

Very GABA like and chilled at first, but I'm pretty sure my DHT/test has been lowered... **** is dead, very similar to what I felt physically Post-Finasteride, which makes sense to me now that Finasteride was basically made from Progesterone.

Is there anyway to quickly lower Progesterone? Or is it simply a matter of increasing DHT/5ar back up?

Which progesterone did you use?

wildworld1992

Did you recover from Progesterone?

hei

Finally tried doing this as some more progest-e has arrived. On two successive nights I took a teaspoon a couple of hours before bedtime. Maybe felt slightly more tired than normal but it didn't seem to change when I fell asleep. Had very vivid dreams for what felt like all night. I woke up at a regular time, a bit exhausted from dreaming so hard.

SonOfEurope

Finally tried doing this as some more progest-e has arrived. On two successive nights I took a teaspoon a couple of hours before bedtime. Maybe felt slightly more tired than normal but it didn't seem to change when I fell asleep. Had very vivid dreams for what felt like all night. I woke up at a regular time, a bit exhausted from dreaming so hard.

Yop it does that at the start moreso... But always if it's 300mg, even if take that much before bed my sleep is weird and very dreamy although it is supposed to relax every muscle and calm an overactive nervous system.

A single massive dose of progesterone - over 35/40mg in one sitting, will largely convert to several Neurosteroids - Pregnenalone and Allo-Pregnenalone, ISO-pregnenalone down the line etc, massive aldosterone opposition will need more sodium etc - after an initial estrogen detox it's best taken in doses no higher than 12mg at a time 2-3 times a day, I personally do 9am and 7pm ~7.5mg (half of what I did for years before) for Brain protection, thyroid and Dopamine and Anti Catabolism from Estrogen/Cortisol, I have experienced the very vivid dreams when I occasionally took 15mg just before bed and the next morning it's hard to get out of bed - you even feel like ***t but that's mainly because you need some cortisol to get you up in the mornings and Progesterone is it's antagonist.

baccheion

Yop it does that at the start moreso... But always if it's 300mg, even if take that much before bed my sleep is weird and very dreamy although it is supposed to relax every muscle and calm an overactive nervous system.

A single massive dose of progesterone - over 35/40mg in one sitting, will largely convert to several Neurosteroids - Pregnenalone and Allo-Pregnenalone, ISO-pregnenalone down the line etc, massive aldosterone opposition will need more sodium etc - after an initial estrogen detox it's best taken in doses no higher than 12mg at a time 2-3 times a day, I personally do 9am and 7pm ~7.5mg (half of what I did for years before) for Brain protection, thyroid and Dopamine and Anti Catabolism from Estrogen/Cortisol, I have experienced the very vivid dreams when I occasionally took 15mg just before bed and the next morning it's hard to get out of bed - you even feel like ***t but that's mainly because you need some cortisol to get you up in the mornings and Progesterone is it's antagonist.
Does vitamin D3 wake you up on those mornings?

MitchMitchell

Over the last 15 years I met only one doctor who was aware of the difference between progesterone and the synthetic progestins and even that doctor claimed progesterone is clinically obsolete and offers nothing that the synthetic progestins do not.

I guess OP has never heard of Neal Rouzier then.

hei

Yes, not sure about relaxed being the right way to describe it. l still felt a sort of underlying nervousness before sleep and in my dreams I was way too active to consider it relaxing, if that makes sense. It wasn't really what I expected.

SonOfEurope

Yes, not sure about relaxed being the right way to describe it. l still felt a sort of underlying nervousness before sleep and in my dreams I was way too active to consider it relaxing, if that makes sense. It wasn't really what I expected.

Try a very low dose spaced out morning and evenings then.

Charliebizz98

Try a very low dose spaced out morning and evenings then.
Are you on trt also? Sorry if I missed that.

I had a little success in progesterone only 20mg a day split 10 am 10 pm raising my natural tt from 250 to around 405. Also raised my serum am cortisol from my usually 12-13 up to 18. I'm wondering if I add dhea if I could get away with not using trt anymore. Haven't had much success with it over the years

SonOfEurope

Are you on trt also? Sorry if I missed that.

I had a little success in progesterone only 20mg a day split 10 am 10 pm raising my natural tt from 250 to around 405. Also raised my serum am cortisol from my usually 12-13 up to 18. I'm wondering if I add dhea if I could get away with not using trt anymore. Haven't had much success with it over the years
Congrats on the T increase.

Not on T at the moment no, I've thought about adding low dose T since I've dropped the P to about 10mg. (from 28mg few months ago) Don't need more now, when it comes to Testosterone if anything I'll do something like 3mg/day Max to not induce HPTA shutdown, My last lab showed a good 612 and I've been around there for a while now, which is a lot better than the 400's I was in around 3 years ago, I guess clearing my body of Estrogen, lowering BF % and changing my diet/stressed lifestyle while I was doing the higher p4 those two years just restored proper gonadal function while reducing adrenal hyperactivity, I healed my thyroid.

I still do very low dose DHEA and there is no reason to think it wouldn't help you as long as you don't exceed a limit, the male body already produces a lot of DHEA but it's the estrogen burden, excess BF%, improper thyroid, poor liver-kidney clearance, sustained exhaustion without enough rest, lack of light and stimulating activities and lack of Nutrients are the real hindrance in optimizing the Androgenic potential.

Have you tried Pregnenolone instead, or, if anything, low Progesterone but with the main precursor added in?

Progesterone is very anti catabolic and the strongest opposing force against E2, but it is also for that same reason a bit anti androgenic in higher doses, it varies from man to man, in my case I actually became more androgenic using 28mg for two years, others report reductions in libido with as little as 20mg.... I think minerals play a big role here, it doesn't interfere with Testosterone metabolism.. But due to similarity it competes for 5AR and reduces DHT binding, DHT and Estrogen are both metabolites of testosterone so it's no wonder the youth hormone reduces both (in high amounts).

You might want to lower it a bit to 10-12mg still split in two and add 3/4 mg DHEA and Pregnenolone, a good ratio would be 9:3:1, so 30mg pregnenolone + 10mg P4 +3.3mg DHEA.

The increase in Am Cortisol could be from the progesterone increasing Glucose need, BS crashing at night (as it raises demand for all minerals as well - the strongest Mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid Antagonist ) so it would help to know about your diet.

How long have you been on Testosterone Replacement and what put you there in the first place? Restoring hormonal metabolism should start with thyroid and Pregnenolone.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals