Progesterone - Not A Sex Hormone, But A Systemic Health Hormone

opethfeldt

You used to dabble a lot with keto dht and likely other things. What’s your take on keto dht these days and what do you currently prefer if anything?
I haven't used keto DHT in a while. I'm actually not using any idealabs stuff anymore. I'm just using basic stuff like aspirin, coffee, theanine and benadryl. I don't wanna be reliant on supplements too much and I've gotten to a place where I no longer need the big guns, if you will.

T

TheBeard

Yesterday was my first progesterone trial.

I applied quite some cream to my arms and belly, for a total of roughly 50mg around 9pm.

By 10pm I was feeling more sleepy and relaxed than I usually do.
I had no trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, even after applying more testosterone cream than I usually do and which amps me up.

This morning I woke up feeling rested, but at the same time like I was hit by a truck.
It was hard waking up, but once up I was rather energetic.
Neck and face were just as swollen, so I didn't get that diuretic or flushing people talk about with progesterone.

The way I feel today reminds me a bit of how I feel after taking melatonin or GABA the night before, albeit slightly less groggy.

Muscles feel slighly less tight and less swollen although I had carbs yesterday.

I don't like that it makes me feel less driven. I have that passive and complacent look on life I usually get with melatonin. It feels very serotonergic.

Not sure I will continue with the experiment this week as I have social and professional events I need to attend, I want to feel optimal for them.

Scenes

Yesterday was my first progesterone trial.

I applied quite some cream to my arms and belly, for a total of roughly 50mg around 9pm.

By 10pm I was feeling more sleepy and relaxed than I usually do.
I had no trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, even after applying more testosterone cream than I usually do and which amps me up.

This morning I woke up feeling rested, but at the same time like I was hit by a truck.
It was hard waking up, but once up I was rather energetic.
Neck and face were just as swollen, so I didn't get that diuretic or flushing people talk about with progesterone.

The way I feel today reminds me a bit of how I feel after taking melatonin or GABA the night before, albeit slightly less groggy.

Muscles feel slighly less tight and less swollen although I had carbs yesterday.

I don't like that it makes me feel less driven. I have that passive and complacent look on life I usually get with melatonin. It feels very serotonergic.

Not sure I will continue with the experiment this week as I have social and professional events I need to attend, I want to feel optimal for them.
Can relate. Prog makes me so chill. Just warm and content and stress free. Need androgens to motivate me.

SonOfEurope

Any male noticing better sleep on progesterone cream?

I'm about to place an order for progesterone cream from a compounding pharmacy to counter the wiring up effects of testosterone at night.

Bro,

50mg is quite a bit... You didn't just tank estrogen but androgen as well.

I've for 2 years used 15mg morning 15 mg evening.... Quite androgenic long term... Girls say I've become more pleasing to them because if makes you... Uhmm... More patient with them... Not that desperate like a teenager to just you know.... Women need time and patience, I realized my previous shortcomings (Pun intended), I used to be too anxious/rushed.

Sorry if this offends someone but this is men's discussion and I have to report that ejaculation volume and density has increased.

Keep in mind I also use 1.5 mg DHEA daily and some days 1mg Androsterone.. Not everyday.

From the 30mg daily I've divided in two (morning/evening) for two years I've had no de masculinization at all neither in the periphery nor "down there", actually less belly fat, more central chest hair and vein definition, more muscle in neck and back (but I work out) beard for some strange reason spreading slowly upwards on high checks, approaching eye level.

Higher doses might indeed be anti-androgenic.

If you apply the equivalent of 12 to 15mg after a shower in your shoulder or back of arms and if you run out of room a bit on your forehead (best absorbtion) then eat a nutrient rich dinner and relax.

GABA bomb bro, even I sleep like a baby with 15 to 17mg 2 or 3 hours before bed and I've used prog. For 2 years.

Edit: do it 2/3 hours before pillow time, give time for it to reach tissue and reduce estrogen/nervous excitation. And please increase your calcium and magnesium a bit while you use it.

Last edited:

JDreamer

Some observations during my initial month using progesterone:

- Hair fall has been minimal
- Post-workout soreness is back to where it used to be after good workouts (had gone missing for a long time)
- I'm feeling a lot more bloated lately / digestion has slowed
- Sinuses have been inflamed
- Moments of feeling lethargic
- Periods of body aches - especially in the knees and hips
- Throat isn't sore, but there's a feeling of fullness to it (thyroid?)

Now I don't know if this has anything to do with my body detoxing estrogen from tissues, but I'm guessing I really do need to pair it up with some DHEA. Thoughts?

SonOfEurope

Some observations during my initial month using progesterone:

- Hair fall has been minimal
- Post-workout soreness is back to where it used to be after good workouts (had gone missing for a long time)
- I'm feeling a lot more bloated lately / digestion has slowed
- Sinuses have been inflamed
- Moments of feeling lethargic
- Periods of body aches - especially in the knees and hips
- Throat isn't sore, but there's a feeling of fullness to it (thyroid?)

Now I don't know if this has anything to do with my body detoxing estrogen from tissues, but I'm guessing I really do need to pair it up with some DHEA. Thoughts?

My advice as a man who's used it everyday for 2 years (see post above) is to take/apply no more than 12mg and divide it morning/evening, add a bit of DHEA to compensate for whatever Androgen-Estrogen or intermediate it may be taking too much, but only a bit. And occasional Androsterone... Only occasionally.

For example : 20mg a day,

9am= 5 mg p4
3pm= 1-2 mg DHEA
9pm= 15mg p4

Every other day 1mg androsterone 1mg.

You should do really well but pay attention to the quality of the o4 (progesterone ) I only Trust Peat's Progest-e for incredible gum absorption and Hadut's Progestene best topical Ive used

JDreamer

My advice as a man who's used it everyday for 2 years (see post above) is to take/apply no more than 12mg and divide it morning/evening, add a bit of DHEA to compensate for whatever Androgen-Estrogen or intermediate it may be taking too much, but only a bit. And occasional Androsterone... Only occasionally.

For example : 20mg a day,

9am= 5 mg p4
3pm= 1-2 mg DHEA
9pm= 15mg p4

Every other day 1mg androsterone 1mg.

You should do really well but pay attention to the quality of the o4 (progesterone ) I only Trust Peat's Progest-e for incredible gum absorption and Hadut's Progestene best topical Ive used

Thank you for the suggestions - it's appreciated, especially since I'm using something like this for the first time. I really over-did it in the beginning and it was making me feel very flu'ish, so I decided to cut back how much I use. Now I'll split it up and definitely add the DHEA or androsterone. I've got such high hopes after everything I've read, so I want to make sure I'm following the right regimen.

At the moment I'm using Karuna Pure Progesterone that I got from Dr. William Wong's site (same place I buy my systemic proteolytic enzymes). If you don't mind, let me know what you think of the ingredients. To my knowledge it's definitely not a progestin, it's bio-identical progesterone and it's Vit-E isn't soy based.

KARUNA PURE PROGESTERONE CREAM

T

TheBeard

Bro,

I've for 2 years used 15mg morning 15 mg evening.... Quite androgenic long term... Girls say I've become more pleasing to them because if makes you... Uhmm... More patient with them... Not that desperate like a teenager to just you know.... Women need time and patience, I realized my previous shortcomings (Pun intended), I used to be too anxious/rushed.

Sorry if this offends someone but this is men's discussion and I have to report that ejaculation volume and density has increased.

Keep in mind I also use 1.5 mg DHEA daily and some days 1mg Androsterone.. Not everyday.

From the 30mg daily I've divided in two (morning/evening) for two years I've had no de masculinization at all neither in the periphery nor "down there", actually less belly fat, more central chest hair and vein definition, more muscle in neck and back (but I work out) beard for some strange reason spreading slowly upwards on high checks, approaching eye level.

If you apply the equivalent of 12 to 15mg after a shower in your shoulder or back of arms and if you run out of room a bit on your forehead (best absorbtion) then eat a nutrient rich dinner and relax.

GABA bomb bro, even I sleep like a baby with 15 to 17mg 2 or 3 hours before bed and I've used prog. For 2 years.

Edit: do it 2/3 hours before pillow time, give time for it to reach tissue and reduce estrogen/nervous excitation. And please increase your calcium and magnesium a bit while you use it.

I'm using 50mg testosterone and 50mg DHEA alongside, how would it "tank my androgens"?

T

TheBeard

pay attention to the quality of the o4 (progesterone ) I only Trust Peat's Progest-e for incredible gum absorption and Hadut's Progestene best topical Ive used

Any bio-identical progesterone from a compounding pharmacy will do

Peater Pan

Bro,

Progesterone, DHEA, Androsterone all topical?

SonOfEurope

Progesterone, DHEA, Androsterone all topical?

Progesterone currently topical as its health Natura in MCT from coconut oil (which don't allow for as good oral absorption as longer chain fats - by oral I mean drinking it) DHEA oral it's Haidut's product.

Andro.... Its in longer chain fats plus E, the bottle says, But I like the taste so I pour two drops on my tongue some days... Some days just rub it on wrists.

But I've reduced my progesterone to 14mg a day, It helped me come off benzodiazepines after a struggle of 2 years... I'm clean 39 days now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals