High Blood Pressure. concerned

BingDing

Chloride is what you make hydrochloric acid with, haha. Congrats on getting BP where you want it, that's great. Table sugar is for when you don't have oj or honey, right?

Everything is in range in your tests, that's about all I know about tests. My plan for Mg is to keep trying any form that I haven't tried before. Got some epsom salts yesterday, 1/2 tsp orally was the usual story. I've never tried the bath, that's next.

There are some old threads about epsom salt, baking soda and aspirin in the bath that people thought highly of. If I fit in my bathtub better I'd be more enthusiastic, LOL.

OP
L

leo

BingDing...my low mag is WITH epsom salt baths and topical mag oil. Anything I take internally affects my intestines and is just not worth it. I must have some absorption problem as before Peating I lived on greens of all sorts and it was still low.

Yes bp seems to be behaving. I have not added orange juice back in yet however.

Now the new fly in the soup is this iron issue. According to Peat my saturation % is too high so I have to lay off of beef/lamb now. That was really getting me through the day on this woe. Little by little I am running out of food to eat!

Table sugar? Don't understand? I use it...a lot. Is that bad?

BingDing

That came out wrong, leo, sorry. I just meant to say not having oj available for a while isn't too big a deal. There are a few odd enzymes in oj that are good, and potassium, but the sugar is the main benefit of using it.

I got great results with Mg oil when I started it but I can't tell if I'm replete or not. Maybe just increase the use of that. I would use 20 sprays, after a shower, every few days, but have fallen off lately. There are also Mg Chloride (same as the oil) flakes for use in the bath.

Zach Shane

Not sure if you still check this Forum, but I am curious to know if your hypertension ever corrected itself? I am nearly two months into Peating after roughly 4 months of Paleo and low carb (which made my skin flawless, but I would have random heart pounding fits and muscle twitching like crazy). So now, as I am trying to optimize my thyroid function, (which come to find out sucked my whole life) I am having adverse adrenaline reactions, and my blood pressure is all over the place. Sometimes perfect, sometimes through the roof! I am still drinking coffee (post early meals) generously, however, I also had this problem pre Peating. All of the research I have found basically states: When you correct thyroid, your tissues become more sensitive to adrenaline. This leads to a period of discomfort while adrenaline gets even worse (at least feels like it) until the tissues adapt to the excess and stop producing it. Because multiple sources say this is common, and seeing as how my body temperature seems to be stabilizing, I will push through the high blood pressure, high pulse rate, and anxiousness to see if it doesn't correct itself within 3 months or so. All signs point to me being a poor sugar burner, and I know corrections won't happen overnight. (Albeit I will admit I expect them to 100% of the time, and was bummed when T4/T3 didn't immediately cure all.) Time will tell! If anyone else has had similar reactions at first but leveled out I would love to hear about it!

Hairfedup

Hello, my doctor is concerned with my borderline high BP [keep in mind that my thyroid seems to have died after a month period of mandatory dawn-to-dusk fasting during an extremely stressful time] which has arisen after 2 years of general malaise in my gut/stomach that has almost overnight shifted toward my chest/heart disease-like symptoms. I'm wondering if its possible that this is all rooted in gut bacteria issues that other board members have assured me I have [finally got my hands on some good antibiotics but not used them yet] and if antibiotic use + other peaty therapeutic protocol would sort out my hypothyroid + high bp/heart issues considering nothing else has really worked. I wish I never did the 30 days of fasting but it is a part of my faith and I wouldn't have felt right otherwise.

edit: my right molar completely rotted through with the filling falling out in its entirety [mercury filling] so could this in fact just be due to an oral infection?

Last edited:

Hairfedup

Hello, my doctor is concerned with my borderline high BP [keep in mind that my thyroid seems to have died after a month period of mandatory dawn-to-dusk fasting during an extremely stressful time] which has arisen after 2 years of general malaise in my gut/stomach that has almost overnight shifted toward my chest/heart disease-like symptoms. I'm wondering if its possible that this is all rooted in gut bacteria issues that other board members have assured me I have [finally got my hands on some good antibiotics but not used them yet] and if antibiotic use + other peaty therapeutic protocol would sort out my hypothyroid + high bp/heart issues considering nothing else has really worked. I wish I never did the 30 days of fasting but it is a part of my faith and I wouldn't have felt right otherwise.

edit: my right molar completely rotted through with the filling falling out in its entirety [mercury filling] so could this in fact just be due to an oral infection?

Hey some insights from anyone would really be appreciated. Also wondering if the lipids in liposomal vitamin C that I've been taking are contributing to the high BP etc.

LaVonne

Forum Supporter
Put your nose and mouth inside the bag and form a seal with the bag on your face. Breath normally through your nose, do not breath deeper and faster, just normal and easy for a couple minutes until it feels uncomfortable.
I have a question re: bag breathing. It works on my BP 95% of the time. The other 5% however, actually raises my BP by a good 10+ points. Why would that happen?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have a question re: bag breathing. It works on my BP 95% of the time. The other 5% however, actually raises my BP by a good 10+ points. Why would that happen?
I am not sure. I have seen high blood pressure fixed with magnesium and potassium supplementation along with the low toxin and low "vitamin A" diet.

Tiaki Toroa

Forum Supporter
I am not sure. I have seen high blood pressure fixed with magnesium and potassium supplementation along with the low toxin and low "vitamin A" diet.
Hey, Charlie -

While magnesium and potassium can be helpful for lowering high blood pressure, there is one very important caveat.

BIG warning ... if someone is ALREADY on blood pressure medication they MUST check to see whether their prescription is one of the ones which can cause hyperkalemia and for which potassium supplementation is absolutely prohibited. Many commonly prescribed blood pressure meds have serious warnings to avoid potassium supplements and salt substitutes. Read the inserts and ask your doctor or pharmacist to be sure potassium is not contraindicated with your particular blood pressure medication.

Hyperkalemia can be life threatening. It is seriously very bad. Public service announcement.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hey, Charlie -

While magnesium and potassium can be helpful for lowering high blood pressure, there is one very important caveat.

BIG warning ... if someone is ALREADY on blood pressure medication they MUST check to see whether their prescription is one of the ones which can cause hyperkalemia and for which potassium supplementation is absolutely prohibited. Many commonly prescribed blood pressure meds have serious warnings to avoid potassium supplements and salt substitutes. Read the inserts and ask your doctor or pharmacist to be sure potassium is not contraindicated with your particular blood pressure medication.

Hyperkalemia can be life threatening. It is seriously very bad. Public service announcement.
Good info, thank you for posting!

Tiaki Toroa

Forum Supporter
You're welcome, Charlie! I wanted to get that info up ASAP. Also, I thought of one more contraindication. Anyone on dialysis will be told by their nephrologist and dialysis nurses and dietician to adhere strictly to a low potassium diet.

LaVonne

Forum Supporter
Hey, Charlie -

Thanks for the info. I'm on Lisinopril 10mg. Just looked it up and sure enough, it says potassium is contraindicated. I'm trying to get off Lisinopril. I do not eat a lot of high vitamin A foods. All organic, low PUFA. Weight 102. Moderate exercise (yoga, walking my dogs). I shouldn't have high BP!

Tiaki Toroa

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the info. I'm on Lisinopril 10mg. Just looked it up and sure enough, it says potassium is contraindicated. I'm trying to get off Lisinopril. I do not eat a lot of high vitamin A foods. All organic, low PUFA. Weight 102. Moderate exercise (yoga, walking my dogs). I shouldn't have high BP!
Oh, I am so glad you saw my message and looked up Lisinopril, LaVonne!

Awww, that is too bad you have high blood pressure when you are trying so hard to eat healthy and exercise! Doesn't seem fair, does it? Hugs and I hope you find a solution! All the best!