Recipes For Lowering Serotonin (Serotonin Syndrome Recovery Diet)

Constatine

I was accidentally taking the 5-htp, I was also taking CBD oil for a back injury (without knowing that boosts serotonin), I was also day fasting, cycling at least an hour every day, and eating a pretty high carb diet at the time... I believe it was the combination of all those things that created this issues for me, because everything is returning to normal since stopping those things ;). I have also since read that long term starvation can cause an elevation in serotonin, and the day fasting I was doing, I had been doing for about 3 months, so it's possible my body thought it was starving?
I can definitely vouch for the negative effects of fasting. Was one of the worst choices ive even made.

Which reactions? He states that 5-htp caused problems for him. Low serotonin does not cause anxiety in a similar fashion to low GABA. Serotonin increases avoidance behaviors and behavioral inhibition as well as learned helplessness. This can make people grow accustomed to negative stimuli but serotonin acts to increase anxiety as well as decrease it based on context: Role of serotonin in zebrafish (Danio rerio) anxiety: relationship with serotonin levels and effect of buspirone, WAY 100635, SB 224289, fluoxetine... - PubMed - NCBI. The sensory and behavioral inhibitions after traumatic events is an example of how serotonin can lower anxiety. Serotonin has a very complex relationship with fear states and anxiety which is likely due to sensory and memory inhibition. I found this paper very interesting as it illustrates the extent of the paradoxical effect: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/7bc0/b20efaa9902c665904549e90a03d7cc5f398.pdf. Due to the paradoxical effect I think other hints such as sense of smell would indicate whether a person has high or low serotonin, with a strong sense of smell indicating low serotonin and a poor sense of smell indicating high: Serotonergic modulation of odor input to the mammalian olfactory bulb. - PubMed - NCBI.
I am sorry but this experiment with the zebra, makes no sense.
SSRI do not work acutely in a human brain, it takes a month to work. So any extrapolations to humans are worthless.
And then the paper makes no sense either, because scientist do not fully understand how SSRI work, because they cannot measure the working in the brain of a living person, so they are making speculations based on wrong assumptions, and just find wat they wish to find. Of course there is a paradox, because they have tunnel vision and cannot see the bigger picture.

CaliforniaKat

I recently got serotonin syndrome from a combination of 5-htp and berberine (which contains mao a and B inhibitors) recommended by an ND.
Total insomnia
Jacked heart rate
No appetite
Body tremor

I was probably flirting with it for over a month when my primary care doc then added Trazodone to help me sleep. I had already stopped the 5-htp about 10 days prior but didn't know about the chemical action of berberine. Could only tolerate the Trazadone for 4 days. Sent myself right back into symptoms within a week and then I reacted to everything, just like you. I am still getting over it. Still in insomnia. Still low appetite and still very anxious. Stopped the berberine a week ago and so much more than anything just want to sleep undisturbed (or at all really). Also struggling with sky high cortisol and low thyroid. Ugh!

I'm glad to hear you are continuing to improve!

OP
Jerimy Brown

Jerimy Brown

I recently got serotonin syndrome from a combination of 5-htp and berberine (which contains mao a and B inhibitors) recommended by an ND.
Total insomnia
Jacked heart rate
No appetite
Body tremor

I was probably flirting with it for over a month when my primary care doc then added Trazodone to help me sleep. I had already stopped the 5-htp about 10 days prior but didn't know about the chemical action of berberine. Could only tolerate the Trazadone for 4 days. Sent myself right back into symptoms within a week and then I reacted to everything, just like you. I am still getting over it. Still in insomnia. Still low appetite and still very anxious. Stopped the berberine a week ago and so much more than anything just want to sleep undisturbed (or at all really). Also struggling with sky high cortisol and low thyroid. Ugh!

I'm glad to hear you are continuing to improve!

Definitely hang in there... It's a long trudge to recovery, but I think, in most cases people do fully recover? Can't seem to find any data or stats around that, and it's another one of those things that each person seems to be different on.

I am going on week 12 (next tuesday) and am almost fully recovered now... I am eating meat again... Lots of fish. Spices are starting to be OK again, for a while I had to be very careful with those. I can eat chocolate now without it sending me over the edge. Still afraid of alcohol, but luckily I wasn't much of a drinker to start with, so no rush there. All my systems seem to be normalizing over time... I have developed my own vitamin stack to help. I am staying away from supplements, as I have had too many bad experiences with those (I seem to be very sensitive to them, and they seem to do more harm than good), but vitamins seem to be completely innocuous at the very least. I do want to go get tested for any deficiencies, just need to set up an appointment for that, but for now I am taking a low grade multi, K2, D2, E, B6, Mag(I have to be careful with does on this or I get an upset stomach), Omegas 6, 7, 9 and Zinc... Most of these are things the typical American is deficient on from what I have read, but will be getting tested very soon to get a clearer picture. If there is a silver lining to my experience, it's turned me into a bit of a nutrition nut, and I am reading and learning a lot... In the middle of "Brain Food" now, which so far has been a very interesting read, with lots of overlap to Ray Peat, but it's all about eating for cognitive health ;)... wish I had read it prior.

You eat at high carbs or high fat now ?

OP
Jerimy Brown

Jerimy Brown

You eat at high carbs or high fat now ?

Now I am eating a pretty balanced diet, but what carbs I do take in are good carbs from fruits, vegetables, and if I need to sweeten something, I only use raw cane sugar or honey, no refined sugars (this is Peat, and "Brain Food" approved). I am still trying to get as much protein as I can in each meal, by drinking bone broth, and collagen throughout the day. I actually drink broth between meals too, because I believe prior to this happening to me that I was protein deficient. I think the average male should have .36 grams per pound of body weight, and probably a bit more if you are active like me... I should probably have close to 52 grams of protein a day(when inactive) and probably closer to 75 when active... that's hard to do when you don't or can't eat meat.

If you are experiencing high serotonin, you want as much protein as possible. I found that was hard to do at first because most high protein food items also have a bunch of tryptophan, which you want to avoid(or at least I did, I found I was sensitive to all meat at first). High protein, low tryp foods are hard to come by. Here are ones I found Bone Broth, Collagen, Hominy (this one surprised me, not sure it's high in protein, but it's high for a vegetable, and no tryptophan). Other foods that aren't high in protein, but had no ill effect when I was at my worst were, rice or rice noodles, potatoes or carrots cooked very soft so they were easy to digest (no tomatoes those are high in tryptophan). Many leafy green veggies we not agreeable. It's weird because you think you want to eat healthy, but most healthy foods weren't agreeable for me, until I healed my gut. I lived on the soup at the beginning of this thread, white rice, and bone broth for more than a month.

This past Tuesday was week 12 (3 months), and I am not quite 100%, but getting pretty close... I am no longer afraid to experiment with food. Very few items give me any noticeable effects now, and the couple items I have found that do, are minor effects, I have to really tune in to notice.

CaliforniaKat

12 weeks? Omg. I am on week 2 without the berberine and feeling pretty awful. I am also dealing with cortisol and hypothyroid issues, so it is hard to tell what causes what. I still don't sleep at night but am so tired during the day. I can tolerate supps, and am taking magnesium, d3, aspirin, k2, and vitamin C daily. I also use b6 and niacinamide when I start to feel "off". No meat and so far very little dairy, only heavy cream. I use coconut oil instead of butter. I can eat some fruit but mostly it is collagen, bone broth, potatoes. I think rice set me off when i tried it last. I have periods during the day where I am flushed and freely sweating, plus horrible bouts of anxiety. Still tracking food and moods to try and find correlations.

Nstocks

How would you do this if you only had a fridge and microwave at work? Just microwave the broth and pour it over rice noodles?

Rubie

Best advice I can give anyone dealing with this... start with the simplest diet you can manage, and Keep a food diary/log

Once I simplified my diet, to rice and bone broth, it was easy to see, within hours, or same day, when something didn't agree with me... I get a ringing in my ears, and a jittery sensation in my muscles when things don't agree with me, and if it gets really bad I start noticing a tightness in my neck and/or other muscles... these things were hard to notice when my symptoms were really bad, but now that I am getting better, and getting used to what to look for, it's pretty easy to notice. Usually, if something isn't agreeing with me at the gut level, I notice it within an hour or two... If it's something that's increasing my serotonin levels, that can sometimes take longer, and will accumulate over days, if I keep ingesting the item that's causing it, so the first day I might feel a little off, or have a harder time sleeping that night, the second day it get's worse, and so on. That's why it's important in the beginning to simplify the diet IMO... You can see what's affecting you easily when you try one new thing at a time. But, what often happens, at least it did with me, is you are desperate to feel better, so you try everything under the sun, get worse, and don't know why, because you tried 5 new things on the same day, so how would you know what did it?

I keep a simple food/sleep log every day, and when I have a meal, I write down date/time and what I had, I always make sure it's got protein and carbs, and I come back to the log after 2 hours and write down how I feel after, unless I only eat stuff I know I am safe with, then I don't make notes on it.

Here is a sample of what a couple days in my log looks like for me... I have been doing this since the beginning, so it's easy to scroll back through and see my notes to myself, because the confusion I felt when symptoms were really bad made it had to remember things. Can't tell you how many times I would do something that seemed to mess me up, then go back through my notes to find I had made a note of it before and just forgot... That damn brain fog... I can not express how valuable this log has been in helping me sort out what's working, and what's not. Sample below...

You can see from the small snippet below, that I hadn't figured out that protein and carbs should always be taken together yet ;)... Now I never do broth by itself, or a meal without it. I always make sure I have a good mix of protein, carb, and at least a tiny amount of fat even if it's just a small dab of butter added to something.

04/23 - I am starting to notice that when I have broth by itself, that I feel a little off, & last week I made a note that too many carbs gave me symptoms, so start making sure to mix a little carbs in each time I drink a broth. Also found information on ray peat forum that seems to support this idea.

04/23 - 6:15am - Vitamins, Zinc, Broth - before workout

04/22 - best night sleep I’ve had since this started. Slept like 9 or 10 hours, which I’ve probably needed for some time, also, I feel like I could go back to sleep if I wanted, and haven’t experienced that since this started either.
DAY 2 - NO JELLO/GELATIN YESTERDAY AND SLEPT GREAT LAST NIGHT - BEST DAY YET

04/22 - 9:30pm - Broth before bed - felt a little off after this cup of broth, but it faded and now feeling sleepy
04/22 - 7:30pm - Rice, Broth
04/22 - 5:30pm - Broth
04/22 - 3pm - Rice, Broth
04/22 - 10am - Broth, Potatoes
04/22 - 6:15am - Vitamins, Zinc, Broth - before workout

04/21 - woke at 4 am and had to take more charcoal. Maybe aspirin did work last night? Last night I slept through the night. too much jello yesterday upset stomach. Stick to rice, potatoes and broth only today.
DAY 1 - AFTER TOO MUCH JELLO/GELATIN MORE OBVIOUSLY ISN'T BETTER IN THIS CATEGORY
04/21 - 8pm - charcoal before bed
04/21 - 6:30pm - Rice, Broth
04/21 - 4pm - Broth
04/21 - 2pm - Rice
04/21 - 1:15pm - Broth before workout
04/21 - 11am - Potatoes, Broth - Feeling much better since cutting jello out… All that gelatin in my system definitely upset things
04/21 - 9am - Potatoes, Broth
04/21 - 6:45am - Vitamins, Zinc, Broth - probably took these too close to charcoal flush, don't do that again, or you might as well not take them.
04/21 - 5am - 2 aspirin, broth
04/21 - 4am - charcoal

Hi Jerimy! I'm so glad I came across this thread. Hope that you are all better now. Have all your symptoms gone away and are your serotonin levels back to normal? I've been dealing with serotonin syndrome for a almost a month now. I have been given methimazole, propranolol and sertraline (exulten) 3 weeks ago and I was hospitalized for 2 days due to shivers, leg muscle rigidity and the constant feeling of goosebumps and feeling cold. I feel like electricity is surging through my body including being agitated and also the feeling of my heart beating fast. I had tests and they didn't find anything wrong with my heart. The other lab test were good as well. I also jumped from one multivitamin to another and had over the counter antibiotics a few months back. I did some research and I think ( I'm convinced) I have serotonin syndrome. I also find it hard to eat because I start to feel the goosebumps and the cold surging from my feet to my head whenever I did. The symptoms already decreased compared to the first time I felt them. It's been more than 3 weeks but now I still feel them once in awhile even when eating. I read this syndrome last for weeks. I thought I was better each day but here I am feeling them again. Could it be my diet? I am just waiting for the symptoms to go away. There was just one problem with the accuracy of my lab test when I was diagnosed with borderline hyperthyroidism. But upon the 2nd test, I found out it was the other way around. Now the results say I have slight hypothyroidism. I only took the combination of meds one time and after a few hours, I started feeling the symptoms so I asked my husband to take me to the ER immediately. Now I'm feeling a bit off again because a few weeks ago, I felt I was feeling better and just a couple of days ago, I had the same symptoms back again but milder this time. I started eating some meats and vegetables whenever I could tolerate it when I got out of the hospital and it was okay. But now I find that I reacted more to some foods than I did when I was discharged from the hospital. I've lost alot of weight and I'm just really worried I'll never recover from this and I'm pretty scared too. Were you able to have treatment like Cyproheptadine for this?

OP
Jerimy Brown

Jerimy Brown

Hi Jerimy! I'm so glad I came across this thread. Hope that you are all better now. Have all your symptoms gone away and are your serotonin levels back to normal? I've been dealing with serotonin syndrome for a almost a month now. I have been given methimazole, propranolol and sertraline (exulten) 3 weeks ago and I was hospitalized for 2 days due to shivers, leg muscle rigidity and the constant feeling of goosebumps and feeling cold. I feel like electricity is surging through my body including being agitated and also the feeling of my heart beating fast. I had tests and they didn't find anything wrong with my heart. The other lab test were good as well. I also jumped from one multivitamin to another and had over the counter antibiotics a few months back. I did some research and I think ( I'm convinced) I have serotonin syndrome. I also find it hard to eat because I start to feel the goosebumps and the cold surging from my feet to my head whenever I did. The symptoms already decreased compared to the first time I felt them. It's been more than 3 weeks but now I still feel them once in awhile even when eating. I read this syndrome last for weeks. I thought I was better each day but here I am feeling them again. Could it be my diet? I am just waiting for the symptoms to go away. There was just one problem with the accuracy of my lab test when I was diagnosed with borderline hyperthyroidism. But upon the 2nd test, I found out it was the other way around. Now the results say I have slight hypothyroidism. I only took the combination of meds one time and after a few hours, I started feeling the symptoms so I asked my husband to take me to the ER immediately. Now I'm feeling a bit off again because a few weeks ago, I felt I was feeling better and just a couple of days ago, I had the same symptoms back again but milder this time. I started eating some meats and vegetables whenever I could tolerate it when I got out of the hospital and it was okay. But now I find that I reacted more to some foods than I did when I was discharged from the hospital. I've lost alot of weight and I'm just really worried I'll never recover from this and I'm pretty scared too. Were you able to have treatment like Cyproheptadine for this?

Sorry for the delayed response, I was busy with work and off the site for a little while...

Just so you know, it took me 3months or more to get better last time(were I could drink alcohol again, and eat foods without worrying about them), as I started to figure out a diet that worked.

I recently had a bit of a relapse, thanks to an injury and some pain meds that didn't agree with me. Luckily I noticed the symptoms coming back right away and stopped the medication immediately.

Serotonin Syndrome is a funny thing... Takes a long time, and even when you think you are 100%, you might not be yet, like I found out ;)... I am still working on getting back to 100%, but I learned a lot the first time, and learning even more during this small relapse period, but progress is still slow for me, even though it wasn't very bad this second time. mostly what I notice now is tingling in hands or feet, or ringing in my ears (tinnitus), if something isn't agreeing with me.

I have found that bone broth, and rice is my life blood, but I have been having really good success with BCAAs and Theanine this time around too . BCAAs didn't seem to agree with me before when I was really bad, so not only is every person different, but your severity may effect what works and what doesn't. You have to listen to your body and just keep educating yourself.

You probably want to get some gelatin into your diet, especially around meal time... The ones I like and have found the most recommended on this site are the great lakes products, you can get great lakes collagen hydrolysate and unflavored gelatin for making snack... When I was really bad I would feel an immediate flush from gelatin, and I would get sleepy after consuming it, so I always liked doing it right before bed. When I was at my worst, it was the only thing that would help me sleep.

for making snacks
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0008D6WBA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1
I take this collagen everyday, it's good for you besides helping with serotonin depletion ;)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KG7EDU/?th=1

Low tryptophan diet (it hard to do, not a lot of high protein low tryp foods, and carb loading can mess you up, so you don't want to avoid protein)
Low Tryptophan Diet

Theanine info
Theanine Both Reduces Serotonin And Increases Dopamine

Lowering serotonin with BCAAs
Depleting Serotonin With BCAA

I also have really good results from activated charcoal, and again, if taken right before bed it really relaxes me and helps me sleep.

Hope some of this helps, and hope your getting better.

Last edited:
OP
Jerimy Brown

Jerimy Brown

How would you do this if you only had a fridge and microwave at work? Just microwave the broth and pour it over rice noodles?

Yep, I prepare the soup at home, and carry it with me in thermos, then I just pour it into a bowl and heat in microwave... Total PITA, but better than feeling side effects of eating the wrong food ;)

OP
Jerimy Brown

Jerimy Brown

12 weeks? Omg. I am on week 2 without the berberine and feeling pretty awful. I am also dealing with cortisol and hypothyroid issues, so it is hard to tell what causes what. I still don't sleep at night but am so tired during the day. I can tolerate supps, and am taking magnesium, d3, aspirin, k2, and vitamin C daily. I also use b6 and niacinamide when I start to feel "off". No meat and so far very little dairy, only heavy cream. I use coconut oil instead of butter. I can eat some fruit but mostly it is collagen, bone broth, potatoes. I think rice set me off when i tried it last. I have periods during the day where I am flushed and freely sweating, plus horrible bouts of anxiety. Still tracking food and moods to try and find correlations.

How's your progress coming along? Hopefully you are getting better by now.

I had a little relapse myself a while back, and I am working on repairing myself again, and even though it wasn't sever this time because I recognized the symptoms right away, it's still taking a while to get back to baseline again. So I just wanted to say be careful... Even when you feel 100% again, you might not be just yet. Give it plenty of time so you don't end up on round 2 like me ;)

CaliforniaKat

How's your progress coming along? Hopefully you are getting better by now.

I had a little relapse myself a while back, and I am working on repairing myself again, and even though it wasn't sever this time because I recognized the symptoms right away, it's still taking a while to get back to baseline again. So I just wanted to say be careful... Even when you feel 100% again, you might not be just yet. Give it plenty of time so you don't end up on round 2 like me ;)

Thanks for asking! I am getting better day by day. I'm back at work now, and feeling pretty good overall now.
The panic attacks became 24-7 for over a month, to the point I was hospitalized (against my will). I am currently weaning off the meds I was put on in the hospital. I am pretty much done with doctors, and very leery of supplements too. It was some of the worst months of my life, and I don't ever want to repeat it.

I am mostly back to eating normal things. I do take gelatin in my decaf coffee, and have been able to re-introduce a little caffiene. I also use bone broth or hydrolyzed collagen when I eat muslce meats. I still try to stay away from grains for the most part, but eat a little sourdough bread here and there.

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling again. Any ideas of the cause this time, or just a relapse with no new additions to blame?

OP
Jerimy Brown

Jerimy Brown

Thanks for asking! I am getting better day by day. I'm back at work now, and feeling pretty good overall now.
The panic attacks became 24-7 for over a month, to the point I was hospitalized (against my will). I am currently weaning off the meds I was put on in the hospital. I am pretty much done with doctors, and very leery of supplements too. It was some of the worst months of my life, and I don't ever want to repeat it.

I am mostly back to eating normal things. I do take gelatin in my decaf coffee, and have been able to re-introduce a little caffiene. I also use bone broth or hydrolyzed collagen when I eat muslce meats. I still try to stay away from grains for the most part, but eat a little sourdough bread here and there.

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling again. Any ideas of the cause this time, or just a relapse with no new additions to blame?

Yeah, it's a horrific thing, and even though this small relapse of mine is minor, I am still kicking myself for allowing myself to get complacent once I thought my health had returned to normal. I thought I was 100% and failed to mention my situation to my new doctor when I went in for a gym injury, and something in the prescriptionI was given didn't agree with me. Luckily I noticed the symptoms returning right away, stopped the medication immediately, and got right back to the diet that repaired me the first time ;)

OP
Jerimy Brown

Jerimy Brown

Sorry for the delayed response, I was busy with work and off the site for a little while...

Just so you know, it took me 3months or more to get better last time(were I could drink alcohol again, and eat foods without worrying about them), as I started to figure out a diet that worked.

I recently had a bit of a relapse, thanks to an injury and some pain meds that didn't agree with me. Luckily I noticed the symptoms coming back right away and stopped the medication immediately.

Serotonin Syndrome is a funny thing... Takes a long time, and even when you think you are 100%, you might not be yet, like I found out ;)... I am still working on getting back to 100%, but I learned a lot the first time, and learning even more during this small relapse period, but progress is still slow for me, even though it wasn't very bad this second time. mostly what I notice now is tingling in hands or feet, or ringing in my ears (tinnitus), if something isn't agreeing with me.

I have found that bone broth, and rice is my life blood, but I have been having really good success with BCAAs and Theanine this time around too . BCAAs didn't seem to agree with me before when I was really bad, so not only is every person different, but your severity may effect what works and what doesn't. You have to listen to your body and just keep educating yourself.

You probably want to get some gelatin into your diet, especially around meal time... The ones I like and have found the most recommended on this site are the great lakes products, you can get great lakes collagen hydrolysate and unflavored gelatin for making snack... When I was really bad I would feel an immediate flush from gelatin, and I would get sleepy after consuming it, so I always liked doing it right before bed. When I was at my worst, it was the only thing that would help me sleep.

for making snacks
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0008D6WBA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1
I take this collagen everyday, it's good for you besides helping with serotonin depletion ;)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KG7EDU/?th=1

Low tryptophan diet (it hard to do, not a lot of high protein low tryp foods, and carb loading can mess you up, so you don't want to avoid protein)
Low Tryptophan Diet

Theanine info
Theanine Both Reduces Serotonin And Increases Dopamine

Lowering serotonin with BCAAs
Depleting Serotonin With BCAA

I also have really good results from activated charcoal, and again, if taken right before bed it really relaxes me and helps me sleep.

Hope some of this helps, and hope your getting better.

I might offer a word of caution about the Theanine... I had a pretty good initial response, but had some odd effect from it yesterday and have stopped using it. Honestly, in general I would probably recommend doing as much as you can naturally with bone broth, collagen, and diet. Those things seem to work. and given the mixed results of many supplements, I think I am just avoiding them as a general practice moving forward, especially since 5htp in a supplement is what landing me in this position to start with, but again, others have had good result with them, and if you're desperate and willing to try something without a guarantee, then the info and people more knowledgeable than me, are there at the links I shared ;)

OP
Jerimy Brown

Jerimy Brown

Recently had a bit of a relapse with my serotonin syndrome recovery, and seemed to be much more sensitive to everything than the initial go round. My wife just happened to be reading a book on health and shared a chapter of the book about drinking celery juice. I started drinking 16oz of celery juice, very first thing in the morning on an empty stomach about a week ago, and I can not express what this seems to have done for my guy health… I couldn’t eat anything but rice, and steamed potatoes a week ago, and this morning after my morning celery juice, I had turkey, potatoes, green beans, made a wild blueberry smoothie, and I am barely feeling any effects from it. I just had to come share this with this community, and hopefully it will really help someone else, the way it has helped me.

Probably depends on the type of juicer you have, but if you have a good masticating juicer, about 24 fl oz of celery, should yield 16 oz of pulp free juice. You should juice it as close to the time you plan to drinking it as possible. You can do it the night before if kept in an airtight mason jar, but I recommend juicing it right before you drink it. Drink this first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. From what I understand, you can do this twice a day for even more dramatic results (2nd time, make sure you wait at least 2 hours from previous meal), so I am getting ready to start twice daily juices today. One note of warning, I got really positive effects the first several days, then for a couple days, I got diarrhea after, but today the that went away, and I felt like I turned another corner with my gut health, so I tried a full fledged meal this morning,(mentioned above) and was shocked to find I did not get any of the usual negative effects. I always give the juice about .5-1hour before following it with food.

I really hope this helps others the way it has helped me.

OP
Jerimy Brown

Jerimy Brown

Hey everyone... Been a while since I have checked in, but things are progressing nicely in my recovery, eating well rounded healthy meals again, practicing yoga everyday, which has done more for my mental state than I know how to express, even though it never appealed to me before this ;). After that first mistake and relapsing myself like that, this has been a 6 month (or longer) marathon trudge of misery and discomfort, so needless to say I am overly cautious about everything now, even though I am feeling so good.

I wanted to share something with this group, just in case it might help someone.

A really good friend of mine saw something pretty interesting at the last CES, and said he thought of me after watching me go through all my gut issues with my serotonin syndrome.

I am in no way affiliated with this company and my recovery has been going so well, after my elimination diet, that I haven't purchased one of these yet, so can't speak to it's effectiveness. That being said, it's so cheap, that if I had seen this earlier on in my recovery, I would have happily dropped that money on anything that might have helped.

This might be helpful to anyone experiencing gut issues.

FoodMarble

Sativa

I was also taking CBD oil for a back injury (without knowing that boosts serotonin)
fyi, CBD does not 'boost serotonin', (in a negative undesirable anti-peat sense)
CBD activates the HT1A serotonin site that actually dampens / reduces ALL other serotonin sites/activity, implying an anti-serotonin effect.

But, CBD has many other properties, including cannabinoid CB2, opioid PAM and others.

Back
Top Bottom