19 year old male: insomnia, water retention, depression and suicidal thoughts (blood work, labs included)

conrad0602

Thank you very much, you have no idea how grateful I am to all of you. No one has ever supported me like you do on this forum.
It's a pleasure to help offer insight we've gained from our own experiences through such challenges. Be mindful of what's working for you and what's not and adapt to find what feels right for you. Wishing you the best mate.

conrad0602

Tinned whole sardines in brine or olive oil could be helpful if you tolerate fish. Easily digestible protein and a good source of calcium, zinc, d3. If they have the head there should be a little bit of natural thyroid too.

OP
DenizkaRedizka
Tinned whole sardines in brine or olive oil could be helpful if you tolerate fish. Easily digestible protein and a good source of calcium, zinc, d3. If they have the head there should be a little bit of natural thyroid too.
Sardines are a good choice. I didn’t even think about eating sardines, I hope this can change something for the better.

Jonk

Be mindful of what's working for you
This cannot be overstated. I might be an extreme case, but for example when I read knowledgeable people like Ray Peat "favor" calcium over magnesium, I can almost take his word as more important than my own experience. This isn't a knock on Peat but more so on myself. Percieve. Think. Act is not only a slogan haha. Don't be afraid to trust your own intuition and experiment. I'm decent at the thinking and acting part, not so much on the percieving aspect of my own health.

youngsinatra

I'd be happy to admit that 2 liters of milk and 2 liters of juice or something like that would help keep me from taking thyroid, but I can't digest anything but raw meat and honey. I can no longer walk normally. The pain in the joints is very severe and I have to walk slowly and for very short distances. I want to die every day from the pain that I feel. I will definitely try to reintroduce milk (goat milk), but I need at least some support now. Because on September 1st I will again have very intensive training at the university, but now even walking is difficult for me.
Do you have any of those symptoms?

Hypoxia (lack of oxygenation of the cell, leading to breathlessness, anxiety, dark circles under the eyes), low ATP (fatigue, weakness), greying of hair, hypopigmentation of the skin (pale), difficulty walking (ataxia), difficulty balancing (vertigo, dizziness), neuropathy (nerve pains), low catecholamines (dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin), low heart rate (bradycardia), elevated blood lipids, low body temperature, hypothyroidism, frequently catching one cold after the other or other infections, osteoporosis and other bone/teeth issues.

OP
DenizkaRedizka
Do you have any of those symptoms?

Hypoxia (lack of oxygenation of the cell, leading to breathlessness, anxiety, dark circles under the eyes), low ATP (fatigue, weakness), greying of hair, hypopigmentation of the skin (pale), difficulty walking (ataxia), difficulty balancing (vertigo, dizziness), neuropathy (nerve pains), low catecholamines (dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin), low heart rate (bradycardia), elevated blood lipids, low body temperature, hypothyroidism, frequently catching one cold after the other or other infections, osteoporosis and other bone/teeth issues.
Yes, I have all the symptoms except bradycardia.

youngsinatra

Yes, I have all the symptoms except bradycardia.
I‘d possibly check for copper deficiency. (serum copper + ceruloplasmin)

Or just trying to increase dietary copper intake and see how you respond. If you have access to high quality grass-fed beef liver then eating 4-6 oz once a week could help.

If you rely on red meat and honey then you have a copper deficient diet.

OP
DenizkaRedizka
I‘d possibly check for copper deficiency. (serum copper + ceruloplasmin)

Or just trying to increase dietary copper intake and see how you respond. If you have access to high quality grass-fed beef liver then eating 4-6 oz once a week could help.

If you rely on red meat and honey then you have a copper deficient diet.
I agree, thought about copper deficiency before. May I ask a question? In addition to the liver once a week, can daily consumption of organic cocoa increase the amount of copper in my body?

youngsinatra

I agree, thought about copper deficiency before. May I ask a question? In addition to the liver once a week, can daily consumption of organic cocoa increase the amount of copper in my body?
Cocoa has been used to correct copper deficiency if I remember correctly in some PubMed case reports.

Edit: Some people swear that eating a daily 0.5-1 oz of (possibly raw) beef liver makes them feel better than once a week.

Mister

Post all your hormone results, can't find them.

LH
FSH
Testosterone
Free test (you posted that I see)
estrogen
DHT
SHBG

And stay away from SSRI's, benzos, 5ari's like finasteride, accutane.

“Serotonin, like histamine, has its proper physiological functions, but it is a mediator of stress that has to be systematically balanced by the systems that support high energy respiratory metabolism. The use of supplements of tryptophan, hydroxytryptophan, or of the serotonin promoting antidepressant drugs, seems to be biologically inappropriate.” -Ray Peat

Here are a couple of my threads with a collection of things addressing depression Denizka….

Vanset

Is the 'estro' test Estradiol? From my experience E2 this low will leave you feeling like absolute ***t on the verge of death. E2 this low is most likely because your free T is low. You should definitely test the rest. Whether the hormonal issues are the source or a symptom of whatever is happening to you remains to be seen, but I'd agree with other posters that it's most likely long term malnutrition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals