My Bloodwork Over The Last Year, Suffering For 20 Years. Please Help

lampofred

Any supplements can help? Are you saying increasing CO2 is the solution? Maybe buteyko breathing will help? Or acetazolamide?

Bag breathing and buteyko will all help a lot, but from personal experience, they only help while doing the exercises and for a few minutes afterwards. Might be different for you though.

Peat says CO2 is the solution to basically every degenerative health issue & that the purpose of taking thyroid is to make CO2. Enough CO2 will turn off the adrenals, increase progesterone/thyroid/testosterone activity and decrease estrogen, but this is one of those things that works in theory but not in practice because its basically impossible to make yourself hypoventilate 24/7 to the degreee necessary to build up the required amount of CO2, which is why improving thyroid function via diet/supplement/moving to high altitude is necessary

I've tried acetazolamide and didn't really find it helpful

OP
D

Dezertfox

Eat more food, spread more evenly over the day, with more protein.

Eat 5-6 times a day (ie smaller meals), every 2-3 hours, including snacks; balance protein, fat and carbs at each meal/snack. I would say don't drink any OJ, each sweet fruits (helps balance blood sugar and glycogen storage). OJ makes my blood sugar fluctuate massively over the day.

Eat at the same time every day, and same quantities, log your calories and your temps and pulse.

Teach your body that it will get a steady supply of food at the same time: allows glycogen storage.

The end.

Hey, So I have been having OJ for the last few days and my fatigue is even worse, adding some niacinamide didn't help either..Maybe it's giving huge insulin spikes? I will be stopping it for now.

I am also getting that fatigued feeling after i eat some boiled white rice or even adding sugar to coffee, it's extremely debilitating at this point - trying to increase my carbs i.e. ..

I am not sure how to consume sugar/carbs and not feel like crap all day..I am taking an aspirin 325 mg after each meal to avoid FFA release and TUDCA to clear the fatty liver..Hope these help long term..

Last edited:
OP
D

Dezertfox

So the results just came in today and I had reduced my thyroid medication for t4 to once every 2-3 days since it had a higher half life and I thought maybe I have too much in the system. My prolactin is VERY HIGH which can be caused by a tumor as well. My TSH also shot up from 2 to 12 since I reduced the frequency of synthroid..A year ago my prolactin was only 5..

Estradiol - 23 (7-42)
Prolactin - 28 (4-15.2)
Testosterone - 849
Free T - 19.9
FSH - 4.2 (1.5-12.4)
TSH - 12 (0.45-4.5)
DHEA S - 403
Parathyroid - 23 (15-65)
IGF1- 147 (98-282)
Cholestrol total - 208
Triglycerides -153

OP
D

Dezertfox

Another thing I am wondering is people with High T have Low prolactin and vice versa how can I have both high at the same time? What if prolactin was even higher when the thyroid levels were good? Since T has gone down a bit with increasing TSH, maybe prolactin went down too?

Wilfrid

No he didn't test them :( but last month when my tsh was 2 it was pretty good..
Just to be on a cautious side, it would have been helpful to know about those values.
Enlargement of the pituitary gland can be the consequence of low serum FT3 and FT4 ( by inhibition of thyroxin feedback and overproduction of TRH ). The serum free T4:free T3 could have been relevant too.
Measuring your SHBG as well, like @haidut suggests, can be useful too.
I think that you probably can get some benefits from exogenous T3 but with a Kenneth R. Blanchard therapeutic approach or, at the very least, with a Wilmar M. Wiersinga’ones.

OP
D

Dezertfox

Just to be on a cautious side, it would have been helpful to know about those values.
Enlargement of the pituitary gland can be the consequence of low serum FT3 and FT4 ( by inhibition of thyroxin feedback and overproduction of TRH ). The serum free T4:free T3 could have been relevant too.
Measuring your SHBG as well, like @haidut suggests, can be useful too.
I think that you probably can get some benefits from exogenous T3 but with a Kenneth R. Blanchard therapeutic approach or, at the very least, with a Wilmar M. Wiersinga’ones.

My FT3- 3.1 (2-4.4) this was last month on 100 mcg synthroid on Nov 1. FT4 is also always in top quartile on 100 mcg synthroid..But prolactin was only tested last year when it was 5 and FT3 and FT4 levels were similar but TSH was 3 and I was on 75 mcg synthroid..

You think it might be a tumor?

aquaman

Hey, So I have been having OJ for the last few days and my fatigue is even worse, adding some niacinamide didn't help either..Maybe it's giving huge insulin spikes? I will be stopping it for now.

I am also getting that fatigued feeling after i eat some boiled white rice or even adding sugar to coffee, it's extremely debilitating at this point - trying to increase my carbs i.e. ..

I am not sure how to consume sugar/carbs and not feel like crap all day..I am taking an aspirin 325 mg after each meal to avoid FFA release and TUDCA to clear the fatty liver..Hope these help long term..

I would suggest well-cooked roots/tubers, mixed with ripe sweet fruits like melons. They take longer to digest leading to blood sugar stability. Have 30-40grams of carbs per meal to start, over 4-5 meals. You can increase as you go.

I don't do OJ any more, or much milk.. all seems to spike insulin for me.

You're taking 100mcg of T4??? T4 makes me feel awful by itself. I really onl use T3 unless it's NDT, then the T4/T3 combo seems to work quite well. 100mcg of T4 sounds nuts to me.

haidut

Forum Supporter
So the results just came in today and I had reduced my thyroid medication for t4 to once every 2-3 days since it had a higher half life and I thought maybe I have too much in the system. My prolactin is VERY HIGH which can be caused by a tumor as well. My TSH also shot up from 2 to 12 since I reduced the frequency of synthroid..A year ago my prolactin was only 5..

Estradiol - 23 (7-42)
Prolactin - 28 (4-15.2)
Testosterone - 849
Free T - 19.9
FSH - 4.2 (1.5-12.4)
TSH - 12 (0.45-4.5)
DHEA S - 403
Parathyroid - 23 (15-65)
IGF1- 147 (98-282)
Cholestrol total - 208
Triglycerides -153

Your prolactin is NOT very high. It is considered subclinical (as opposed to clinical) hyperprolactinemia, which often gets no treatment at all unless it is causing issues with libido, gyno, or fertility. Here is something else to consider with the disclaimer that your situation may be different, so I would defer to your retest results in a few weeks and what the doctor says.
Franko's Log

OP
D

Dezertfox

Your prolactin is NOT very high. It is considered subclinical (as opposed to clinical) hyperprolactinemia, which often gets no treatment at all unless it is causing issues with libido, gyno, or fertility. Here is something else to consider with the disclaimer that your situation may be different, so I would defer to your retest results in a few weeks and what the doctor says.
Franko's Log

Yes thyroid issues are probably contributing to the prolactin as well. The other issue I was worried about is the constantly elevated DHEAS levels which is probably causing my hair loss due to excess adrenal androgens maybe?..My LH has doubled since last year. Is it correct that the body produces androgens through adrenals if testes is not producing enough

or

Is this because my body produces too much cortisol as well so DHEAS is being produced to balance it out with protective effects and everything else is a downstream of that?

If you look at my tests, all the hormonal imbalances point to PCOS like symptoms in a male, I have some insulin resistance going on and I have read your posts about how I can have reverse it. I will look into that as well.

sunraiser

Some of your situation sounds similar to things I've experienced, though other parts do not.

In my experience fat solubles (vits AKD) only cause greater mineral imbalance and metabolic dysfunction while your liver is "fatty" or in a generally poor state. The liver seems to lose the ability to store anything in that state and supplemental fat solubles must be used by the body in a balance, so supplementing higher doses isn't usually helpful.

I have seen good effect in myself at just 400iu - 1000 iu vit D coupled with eating vit A and K to craving via greens and dairy and eggs. Liver is difficult and can be too concentrated a source of nutrients to be balanced - I would perhaps avoid liver for now unless your really enjoy it.

My understanding of fat solubles has arrived at a different place to lots of people here, in that I don't find an arbitrary intake level to be something inherently positive.

Fat solubles, for me, act as facilitators that allow correct movement and metabolism of minerals, but also as metabolic stimulants in themselves. Intuitive balance is the most important thing and only very small amounts are needed to facilitate mineral uptake.

You have higher prolactin so I'm sure you're going to be directed towards vitamin D/calcium but I'd proceed with caution. In my experience vitamin D testing is not useful and can often lead you down the wrong path.

I believe, in a healthy person, a good vitamin D level is merely a reflection of robust, balanced mineral status and storage. It's not about the vitamin D intake itself (very small amounts are needed) but more about intuitive balance of mineral intake via mixed meals and enjoyable food while dealing as best as you reasonably can with life stressors.

It has taken time and experience to arrive at this place so it's not judgemental, but on reflection the current wisdom on forcing your body to arrive at an assigned "healthy value" for vitamin D is nonsensical to me.

For example if you look at a graph of 1 month vit D intake at 1kiu vs 10kiu the latter group will mostly be at a value closer to the ideal 30-50 ng/ml mark, but in practice they are not actually in a healthier state. A healthy person will likely have vitamin D in or maybe a little lower than that range, but arbitrarily forcing your body into that range does not mean you are healthier!

Robust and balanced mineral status = healthy fat soluble levels in the body. Yes, small amounts of fat solubles are needed, but they are not the key. Mineral intake is more important - it's better to regain vitamin D status with low intake after 6 months than to force mineral imbalance via heavy supplementation to hit an arbitrary value in a shorter time. By "better" I mean far more likely to achieve robust mineral status and health.

In my opinion and experience there is not a substance that can fix your liver in actuality. There are substances that can manipulate liver function test results but there will always be a cost via imbalance..ie becoming less healthy despite the blood test results.

For me, exercise is the only way to resolve fatty liver (also minimising poison intake). My guess is that it's via lymph support, but I'm sure there are lots of other mechanisms at play.

This is _only_ in the context of having the natural energy to exercise in the first place. For me that energy is only present when eating via intuition and enjoyment which includes fibre, some whole grains and lots of salted starches. Also some fruit, dairy and fatty meat. If I eat lean meat or fish it's always with a fatty base such as coconut or yogurt based curry.

I also need extra B6 to have exercise energy. This might just be very personal to me, though. Supposedly candida imbalance has a byproduct that shares the b6 pathway and also other infections present in long term poor health/stress seem to give a higher b6 requirement. My other consideration is that I've caused b6 issues via eating lots of liver (effectively a B12 megadose), and b6 seems to be in a direct balance with b12. I wonder if the b12 intake is part of the reason many don't do well with liver. I'm taking 50mg normal b6 once a week. B6 can really cause problems when taken alone - I have a very balanced diet (includes plenty of zinc, b2, folate and b12) and am only taking it in my own context. I just wanted tk to mention it as it seems key for me. One or two other forum members have had a similar effect.

If you work on your feet all day this should be fine, otherwise just do some cardio at home like star jumps or spot running or whatever else you feel like. Or ideally go out running somewhere beautiful. Run until you feel like walking, then walk. Then run again. It's intuitive, not torturous or forced. Same applies for all exercise. Running or home cardio is much better than weights or bodyweight for me.

With this movement your liver will hopefully have less of a burden and you'll start to slowly be able to uptake and store fat solubles. If you live in a sunny place I wouldn't supplement. If not then try 1000 iu d per day or less. You'll probably need to eat greens or broccoli now and then, to craving.

My personal stance is removing or minimising supplement use - it isn't easy to find balance with so many variables. Health is not, and can never be, pure science.

I sometimes use 100 to 250mg taurine (i open a 500mg capsule and pour a little in water) when eating a big beef chilli or meat type meal as it seems to aid protein digestion. On this forum 500mg is considered a low dose but it's still a physiological megadose. Taurine in higher doses is also problematic for me. It resolves insulin resistance after meals but seems to tank dopamine and progesterone. I only use small amounts for digestive effect and they're only really enough to replace the taurine lost via cooking.

Our situations are not the same but I hope my experiences and position will at least be interesting to you. I hope you find your path soon!

OP
D

Dezertfox

I had more sugar the other day and completely crashed today. I slept more than usual and woke up tired and probably with much lower blood pressure 100s/60s..I have noticed I feel much worse when my blood pressure is lower, probably a sign of adrenal fatigue.

A lot of my symptoms are from poor glucose oxidation. I have 0 muscle mass, get hungry every 3 hours, adrenals can't keep up managing low blood sugar at night causing poor sleep, fatigue, low blood pressure.

I have read the posts here on how to cure insulin resistance but I am not sure where to start..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals