Water Retention/ Loss Of Skin Elasticity/ Fat In Face?

Ableton

Hi everyone,

mpb sufferer here. Now having a puffy face for like 2 months already, and I don’t know what causes the puffiness. Is it water retention or loss of collagen?

im 75kg at 1,81m, quite athletic, low bf. Cardio and lifting. If anything, i even lost 2-3 kg during the time.

how does the puffiness manifest itself? My face just looks puffier overall. If i hop in front of a mirror, my skin hops as well. Its the worst at my cheeks, but even below that it hops. It didnt use to be that way, at least not to that extent.

possible causes:
Im usibg a cortisone nasal spray for a while because of polyps. As far as i understand cortisone can cause water retention, right? I dropped it for a couple days now but no improvement.

minoxidil: was even taking that ***t orally in small amounts. Before that topically. But i quit it completely some time ago, think 6 weeks ago. Minox can cause both water retention and collagen loss I think.

jumping on a supplementation protocol for hair loss: its elephantos protocol.
Daily magnesium, taurine, vit k, a, e, d, boron, chromium selenium. Im quite sure I had some retention prior to starting that regimen like 7 weeks ago though. Im also lowering the amounts taken but don’t want to wuit the protocol, since it seems to be working to some extent. Not sure if some of this could cause retention.

Is it possible to differentiate water retention from saggy skin?
Should I jump on a diuretic?
What do you think is the (main) cause?
Should add that I haven’t gotten more wrinkles or anything. Does that mean I can rule out saggy skin due to collagen loss?

gaze

it’s hypothyroidism, high adrenaline and stress, low progesterone. stop the cardio, eat enough calcium, , protein, sugar, carbs, b vit, selenium, no pufa. Also if i were you i’d just eat beef liver once a week instead of tht protocol

gaze

Yea definitely cut the cardio. your overworked. I think if you took a long break and rested, ate proper food (low pufa, low iron, plenty of fruit, well cooked starch, dairy, meat, eggs, etc and tried to “de stress” by getting sunlight, reading, etc, itd help a lot.

OP
A

Ableton

Idk about being overworkrd. This summer, when My face was at it’s leanest ever, I went much harder with cardio and weights, but I also had more energy. Prob running on more stress, crazy hair loss as well. That was prior to knowing peat, consuming much more pufas than now, but also eating lots more variety and having far less emotional stress than I have now. I will try eating peaty with variety from now on, and think I cut out the stress the last couple of days. Hope this helps. Thanks dude

OP
A

Ableton

Actually, is it possible that my mag citrate consumption made my body leech calcium from soft tissue? My veins are popping everywhere, and I wonder if this is at the root of my saggy skin too

OP
A

Ableton

Alright, seems like it's (almost) fixed. Got bloodwork done. Might be a bit hypo, high TSH. Didn't really tackle that yet, though. The main thing that immediately (well, after like 1 week) helped me here was iron pills. Was deficient. Water retention (that I esp. had in the morning) gone, skin is not pale anymore, less cold hands etc.
Iron deficiency might be linked to the hypo, who knows. I already guessed I had it. Main indicator for me: angular cheilitis.

I am feeling so much better it's insane. I'm well rested and can concentrate after like 6h of sleep now, before I needed like 11 for this performance lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals