20 Year Old Male - Diffuse Thinning - Blood Work

CLASH

Thank you for the reply Clash!

I'd say obvious symptoms are bloating, off and on constipation (probably some gut issues somewhere), blood test indicates high levels of inflammation, i get very dry skin on my hands yet a very oily forehead (think this is triggered by certain foods or stress), libido is stronger mentally than physically if that makes sense - morning wood is very hit and miss, but when it comes to sex there is no problems what so ever. Just no spontaneous erections.

I'm feeling increasingly warm after eating sugary foods, and evening resting pulse is 77 bpm (average taken over a week). Though I will start taking before and after breakfast readings from now on and invest in a thermometer.

Standard foods I eat is 2/3 eggs scrambled in butter, low fat bagel, 10 oz OJ. Coffee with 3 sugars and milk mid morning, sometimes two coffees. I snack on dates, apples, and oranges. Lunch is usually beef/chicken/turkey with a carb potato/rice/pasta and some well cooked veg/raw carrot. Can of coke or 8 0z OJ. Occasional green tea (want to drink more) Whey protein shake. Milk with coco pops after work or a cheese toastie, or toast and marmite (I know lots of bread! Yeast extract - for B vitamins and i like the taste), greek yoghurt with honey, dinner is a repeat of lunch but a much bigger portion. After I will have a warm milky drink, or some ice cream, or something sweet depending on what I have available. Lots of starches in there I know - I feel like more calcium is needed and as you say, more fiber. I guess there are still many more peat foods to incorporate (liver, gelatin, more milk, more OJ, etc)

Thanks for recommending labs that I should look into. I will definitely look at getting those checked over the next few weeks.

Also, a book recommendation! Very much appreciated! I'm always looking to improve myself - in all aspects of life. So I shall give "the rational male" by rollo tomassi a read... or two!

Are you currently overweight?
If so do you want to lose weight?

Are you open to dietary modification?

For temp readings I'd just start taking them right when you wake up. If they are high when you wake up and your pulse is elevated, then I'd start checking after breakfast as well.

You may not need to do all those labs, you may be able to solve most of your issues with some simple dietary changes and supplementation. Symptoms are often as valuable as labs if interpreted properly. Tracking temp is helpful tho.

Lol another good book to check out, since you seem to be open to reading, is Broda Barnes "Thyroid, the unsuspected illness"

OP
B
Are you currently overweight?
If so do you want to lose weight?

Are you open to dietary modification?

BMI wise I am slightly out of the normal zone. People would not view me as overweight, but I definitely feel like I currently heavy/bulky physique. I would like to drop some fat and get more lean yes.

And yes I am open to dietary modification, suggestions and advice. I feel like you have some things to suggest ;)

Lol another good book to check out, since you seem to be open to reading, is Broda Barnes "Thyroid, the unsuspected illness"

I am open to learning :) I'll add that book to my "must read" list, thanks

lampofred

Main sources are (daily): Eggs, chicken/turkey/beef/lamb/lean white fish (alternate meats throughout week, and will have two portions a day), not as much cheese (extra mature cheddar - some days around 40g, some days none) and Semi-Skimmed milk (~20 oz)as I should be eating, greek yoghurt,whey protein shake

That is very high in phosphate. I would try increasing milk intake until you are getting half your protein from milk and half from meat, or at least going up to 2 quarts of milk a day regardless of how much meat you're consuming. I would also stop taking the whey protein shake, whey is very pro-phosphate/anti-calcium. Also have you gotten your vitamin D levels tested? Without vitamin D you can't absorb calcium so your calcium:phosphate ratio will always be low if you're deficient in vit D.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
You messed with 5AR blockers and screwed yourself up from them and you still have a mind for hormones? Hormones will only further screw up your hormonal environment. You are young you can fix yourself with good diet and lifestyle.

Selfhacked says Zinc, magnesium, vitamin D can all lower SHBG, isnt that a coincidence...

"2) Taking Supplements
The following supplements were found to decrease SHBG production and/or reduce its interaction with sex hormones, though further clinical studies are needed before these findings can be considered conclusive:

"
SHBG Symptoms, Blood Test, & What Factors Lower/Raise Levels - SelfHacked

Vitamin D is high to begin with, but I say drop it temporarily along with the zinc(permanently) and the SHBG may go back up a bit. Exercise and weight loss can also raise SHBG. In your case you have some weight to lose too if you do lose it may help.

I am going to save you the trouble and tell you right now stop taking zinc. It will screw up your copper and iron metabolism greatly if it hasnt already. Zinc can also kill motivation and drive(definitely wont improve it) by reducing dopamine to noradrenaline conversion which you absolutely need for that. Drop zinc and make sure you have good food sources of copper and iron to make up for that zinc. And of course find if you dont have already good source of zinc from food.

As for the deficit you tried to do before, What was your protein and carb intake on the deficit? Most people when they do these deficits they end up eating less protein mostly which screws up the metabolism, and may drop carbs considerably. Doing a lower fat diet for cutting leaves more room for protein and carbs. Your deficit also may have been too large.

This is such beneficial advice. Well said!!