Water Retention, My Experience And Yours?

Sagitarrius90

Bump as well. I think cortisol is a big factor for water retention. Estrogen gets the blame but if estrogen spares salt then shouldnt that reduce water retention? I've used AIs both aromasin and arimidex and noticed I gained water while have low e then normal e2 levels. Estrogen works with aldoaterone and having too low esteogen can raise aldosterone

southcesar

Did consuming baking soda help someone's water retention? I have consumed half a teaspoon flat 2-3x a day and so far I have not felt any difference (I always consume 1 hour away from any food, but when I consume it I feel something in my belly and I am afraid it will be something bad)

Queen foodie

Hello

I have been researching and doing this for some years now but i still struggle with the water retention/puffyness in my legs and face but also a little in general in my whole body.

I have asked Ray alot about it and have tried everything that should help but i have not managed to really fix the problem.

Im male and active athlete and i also lift weights.

The only thing that really makes a big difference, like overnight results are if i increase my protein intake by alot. Like 200-300g a day from animal protein. But in terms of calories, cost(money) and just overall this is not something i can do daily and in terms of Ray Peat its to much protein, since he recommends even for high level athletes that 100-150g a day is enough.

It clearly is something hormonal and i feel it has to be tied to maybe liver health or something else. Big doses of sodium bicarb also can reduce the water retention so increasing protein and co2 seems to do something.

I have tried everything else in the RP world and nothing has worked in terms of getting ridd of the water retention.

ive tried high dose b1, aspirin,k2,niacinamide,antibiotics(tetracycline),gelatin,taurine,vitamin A,D,no fat, perfect ratio in terms of sugar to protein from 2:1 to 4:1+, T3(cynomel),cynoplus, minerals like magnesium and all that in terms of minerals.

Nothing of those things has done anything, i havent noticed a thing from any of those things. The only difference i notice is from very high protein and alot of sodium bicarb. That is the only two things that produces results.

So would be cool to hear peoples input and maybe other has experience with that topic, because its frustrating to say the least.

Lately i think its tied to liver,stomach acid, albumin but im doing everything that i should to correct those but nothing is helping except those two things i mentioned.
Hello Superhuman, I am wondering if you managed to fix your water retention and if you have any tips to share? I realize your feed above was from 2016 but I am searching high and low for help with water retention in my arms and legs. Am taking t3, progesterone and vitamin bs (which seem to be making water retention worse)...I am very confused!

Vileplume

Hello Superhuman, I am wondering if you managed to fix your water retention and if you have any tips to share? I realize your feed above was from 2016 but I am searching high and low for help with water retention in my arms and legs. Am taking t3, progesterone and vitamin bs (which seem to be making water retention worse)...I am very confused!

Do you consume a lot of fruits and liquids? How much salt?

Vileplume

Hmm, I think I take an average amount of fruits, liquids and salt. Do you think I should be having more of these to reduce water retention?
It’s worth a shot upping your salt a bit, to see if that helps water retention. The following quotation is from Peat’s “Salt, Energy, Metabolic Rate, and Longevity”:

“Tom Brewer, an obstetrician who devoted his career to educating the public about the importance of prenatal nutrition, emphasizing adequate protein (especially milk), calories, and salt, was largely responsible for the gradual abandonment of the low-salt plus diuretics treatment for pregnant women. He explained that sodium, in association with serum albumin, is essential for maintaining blood volume. Without adequate sodium, the serum albumin is unable to keep water from leaving the blood and entering the tissues. The tissues swell as the volume of blood is reduced.”

Queen foodie

It’s worth a shot upping your salt a bit, to see if that helps water retention. The following quotation is from Peat’s “Salt, Energy, Metabolic Rate, and Longevity”:

“Tom Brewer, an obstetrician who devoted his career to educating the public about the importance of prenatal nutrition, emphasizing adequate protein (especially milk), calories, and salt, was largely responsible for the gradual abandonment of the low-salt plus diuretics treatment for pregnant women. He explained that sodium, in association with serum albumin, is essential for maintaining blood volume. Without adequate sodium, the serum albumin is unable to keep water from leaving the blood and entering the tissues. The tissues swell as the volume of blood is reduced.”
I will try upping my salt and see if it helps! Thanks Vileplum

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals