I Fixed My Insomnia For One Weak With WHEY Protein

beta pandemic

All due to eating frequency nothing more. Replace those shakes with solid clean food you will have the same effect.

Bit of protein + carbs every meal basically

somuch4food

All due to eating frequency nothing more. Replace those shakes with solid clean food you will have the same effect.

Bit of protein + carbs every meal basically

I don't think I ate more frequently yesterday. I think some proteins have better amino profiles. It's also difficult to eat a good amount of proteins when the thought of eating a lot of meat sounds like torture because of digestive issues.

Casein seems to be getting a lot of bad press except from Ray's point of view.

I think casein is bad for people with metabolic/digestive issues.

Whey/collagen might be better and more easily absorbed than meat. You should still have normal meals to have enough micronutrients.

lampofred

Tryptophan/serotonin makes it very easy to fall asleep, but the sleep you get is not actually regenerative.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Hey, I was away for the weekend (Amsterdam), I ate a lot, i smoked weed(great weed), i slept but it was from weed and exhaustion, i didnt take whey... on Wednesday i had some insomnia, then on Thursday (yesterday) I had whey again (two big meals for that day) and i slept OK...
@beta pandemic ... maybe eating frequency could be the reason, I will look into it... still there were many times whereI was better by eating less

Constatine

Did you have some digestive issues with it at first? I had terrible sleep last night. It could be an ajusting period, it could also be other stuff I ate yesterday.
A whole lot of protein without carbs can give you an adrenaline rush which would obviously make sleep difficult.

As excessive at is it I notice I function better with 300 grams of protein a day vs 200. No idea why I would require so much protein.

somuch4food

A whole lot of protein without carbs can give you an adrenaline rush which would obviously make sleep difficult.

As excessive at is it I notice I function better with 300 grams of protein a day vs 200. No idea why I would require so much protein.

I'm backtracking on the protein front since I really can't stomach much of it without forcing myself. I will probably be keeping whey powder for some added proteins with my breakfast since eggs are forbidden because of my son's allergy and I have yet figured if dairy is beneficial or not for me. Plus, it helps makes better smoothies and waffles, texture wise.

jet9

If you need it; Background:
1. Keto Fixes My Insomnia And Caffeine Tolerance, Why?
2. Appetite/ I Have Endless Hunger, What To Do?

So I have Insomnia for 2-3 years, or just bad sleep... also anxiety or being irritable, brain fog, constipation and so one... for the last weak i fixed almost everything:

I took 100 gram of whey protein every day... the second day my sleep went from 3 to 8 (from 1 to 10) and stayed there, no irritability, no constipation-i go 2 times a day now, before it was 1 time in 2 days, coffee does not make so much problems anymore, i feel normal and not on constant adrenaline and nervousness. In fact i really feel happy and calm... and this happend the first time after a looooong time...

I saw some people here swearing on low protein, i went one day super low and it got super bad, so i had the idea to go high protein, at least 200 gram a day (like when I was younger, went to the gym, and didnt had problems)...
All the time i ate around 100 gram of protein a day and for one year I experimented with fat and carbs, with eating 2 times or 6 times, vagan or meat based and what not... dairy or no dairy etc. but i never upped my proteins (not intentionally)
also this simple video related to me a lot
#proteindeficiency
I feel so normal now, my sleep isnt great but i sleep and when i go to bed i feel SO NORMAL and not like i will explode!!! i take cheap whey 60-100 gram a day...
when i tried eating lots of meat i did not have such an effect... so it is still not clear to me, is it the high protein or is it because of the whey and the amino acid profile?
and one more thing, now it does not matter what carbs i eat, i hade big spikes from different carbs, digestion problems, adrenaline rushes from fruit, now i dont... maybe just a little...

so my advice is: if you have insomnia, constipation and feel bad, maybe you could try going high protein and try it with whey, its not 'that peaty' but one weak experiment will not kill you

Dino hi, are you still using whey protein with good results?

Motif

That's some real high protein intakes in here.

What about liver and kidney health with those high protein diets?

MarcelZD

Whey proteins are known to shut down the stress response. They are also much better for maintaining lean mass than casein.

As unnatural as they are, I've always found thick whey protein shakes to be uniquely tasty and satisfying. Protein bars too.

Last edited:

mipp

I tried it for a while but didn't really notice benefit over casein. For satiety and sleep I think equivalent protein from cheese works as well or better for me and tbh I'm not a fan of the taste of pure unsweetened whey. It is convenient though, I think I'll be using it occasionally.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Dino hi, are you still using whey protein with good results?
Yes, one smothie a day, im at a super busy period, after it stops i will focus more on eating protein rich meala... dairy isnt the best for me, acne, bloating, weight gain, but whey and protein do still work... i dont sleep good, or trully deep, i wake up, but its ok, ita not insomnia and adrenalin rushes at night ;)

Momado965

Whey proteins are known to shut down the stress response. They are also much better for maintaining lean mass than casein.

As unnatural as they are, I've always found thick whey protein shakes to be uniquely tasty and satisfying. Protein bars too.

Any idea on how whey protein does it? Does it work on 11b hsd?

Inaut

I just recently added casein protein back into my routine as I was suspecting it was causing acne in the past. I drink a quart of milk with a scoop of protein in it when I get to work and it satiates me for a good portion of the morning. Acne doesn't seem to be a problem since readopting it.... Maybe liver is functioning better now?

Deadpool

How do you guys consume your whey? Back in the days I used to mix it with milk which tasted amazing but nowadays I try to avoid milk as I don't do too well with it. Juice? Water?

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Water, whey
Water, whey and banana
Water, whey, and stupid stuff like almond milk
Water whey, ans just a little bit milk
Water whey, fruit
Whater whey, fruit and some coconut oil

Ps. Update: it seams that not every whey brand works the same for me, however eating more proteins in general works still!

Ron J

Is the opioid issue from the casein portion only? What about the estrogen? Estrogen seems to also be bound to the protein, according to some comments on RPF(I think it was from Travis).

opson123

Read some comments on reddit how people with IBS and other digestion issues digested high quality whey just fine and decided to try. Just took a whopping 10 grams of whey with dextrose and now I have a rock in my stomach that isn't moving, I can't breathe and I'm sweating like hell. The normal issues I have with every single food times 10. FML.

BigChad

what do you mean they shut down the stress response? they stimulate the immune system right

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals