I Fixed My Insomnia For One Weak With WHEY Protein

OP
Dino D

Dino D

What type of meats have you tried? All meat is not created equal, and even within the same animal, certain cuts are better than others.
Muscle meats, beef, pork...
I digest much better chicken and fish...
Sometimes i get organ meats...
Eggs are also fine to digest, but I dont think that they are to good for me, hard to tell why...

@somuch4food
If you will try it do it right, you have to come to the point where you get additinaly 60-90 gram of proteins from whey, and still eat what you did eat before, so that you get more protein :) and then give it few days...
If you take just one smoothie=30gram, thats 120 calories, or 200... and thats just 5-10% of your daily calories and this will not make a 50-100% difference in your life... so eat :)

Alpha

What's wrong with lecithin, it's found in eggs and beef, and a good source of choline.

somuch4food

If you will try it do it right, you have to come to the point where you get additinaly 60-90 gram of proteins from whey, and still eat what you did eat before, so that you get more protein :) and then give it few days...
If you take just one smoothie=30gram, thats 120 calories, or 200... and thats just 5-10% of your daily calories and this will not make a 50-100% difference in your life... so eat :)

Did you have some digestive issues with it at first? I had terrible sleep last night. It could be an ajusting period, it could also be other stuff I ate yesterday.

mipp

Though when going really high on protein your body will be robbed of calcium and can even become a bit acidic so its important to keep calcium intake at least moderate.
Interesting. I think whey protein concentrates already have a good amount of calcium. Which also may have contriubted to op's success besides protein. For me calcium has a mildly calming effect as opposed to magnesium for example, which gives me insomnia

Follwing this thread. I'm currently experimenting with higher protein intake too and whey powder is something I haven't tried. They probably contain a lot of lactose though which is not the greatest combo with meat in diet but we'll see. I don't think I could rely on meat as the only major source of protein for very long so it's either whey or cheese/casein.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

@somuch4food i went often to the toilet, but this was positive to me, drink it with milk, and maybe a banana or something, so it gets more balanced
Edit: give it time, evan some drugs need time to work, protein isnt anything magical, its basic, very basic... i hope you will get there, yesterday i drank just one shake and I still didnt had insomnia, my sleep wasnt great but it was OK

@mipp not a lot, mostly protein (80%) look into isolate or hydrolised..., there are also 0carb protein out there

somuch4food

On a positive note, breathing seems easier like my nose opened up a bit and despite terrible sleep, I feel a bit more energetic.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

On a positive note, breathing seems easier like my nose opened up a bit and despite terrible sleep, I feel a bit more energetic.
Hey men EDIT:(its WOMAN isnt it) hehe, i would really like to help someone here, i would like that this would work for you, at least for a weak or two, even that would be something... BUT I SEE HOW YOUR BRAIN WORKS, IT IS EXACTLY LIKE my was a weak before (it was compulsive and hypochondric)... You're too excited, obsessed, you want immediate results and youre think too much, you overthink every symptom and cause... It was the same for me just one weak ago, now i dont give a fxux... i feel so normal, I dont have any urge to be here (and i was so crazy for searching the net all the time, food, and some micro complex theories about some nano particles or whatever, it was an infinite paradox of nutrition, now nothing of my food doesnt matter at all, i dont think about anything (or maybe the force of a little improvement and PLACEBO is super strong with me, who knows, I Like it), and i still eat healthy-meat-eggs, some rice, some fruit and even veggies (still no gluten)), i just write because i feel the obligation to help... take it easy, get your protein and see what will happen in just a few days, not right now... i took 250 gram in two days and then it started, the second day, which is super fast if you ask me :D
Maybe red meat gives me a little bit of adrenaline, maybe to much sugar is still hard to take, and eggs only make me fill a bit cold, like it was before but now it is a lot of less... ;)

@Dino D awesome I’m starting to think bodybuilders have pretty much the right idea high carbs/high protein and low-no fat enough carbs for thyroid,enough protein for muscle and brain function low fat to avoid PUFA. Awesome stuff man!

The only thing is blocking tryptophan to avoid excess serotonin

If only there was a certain someone who made supplements that blocked serotonin/cortisol/prolactin and estrogen! :lol:

somuch4food

Hey men EDIT:(its WOMAN isnt it) hehe, i would really like to help someone here, i would like that this would work for you, at least for a weak or two, even that would be something... BUT I SEE HOW YOUR BRAIN WORKS, IT IS EXACTLY LIKE my was a weak before (it was compulsive and hypochondric)... You're too excited, obsessed, you want immediate results and youre think too much, you overthink every symptom and cause... It was the same for me just one weak ago, now i dont give a fxux... i feel so normal, I dont have any urge to be here (and i was so crazy for searching the net all the time, food, and some micro complex theories about some nano particles or whatever, it was an infinite paradox of nutrition, now nothing of my food doesnt matter at all, i dont think about anything (or maybe the force of a little improvement and PLACEBO is super strong with me, who knows, I Like it), and i still eat healthy-meat-eggs, some rice, some fruit and even veggies (still no gluten)), i just write because i feel the obligation to help... take it easy, get your protein and see what will happen in just a few days, not right now... i took 250 gram in two days and then it started, the second day, which is super fast if you ask me :D
Maybe red meat gives me a little bit of adrenaline, maybe to much sugar is still hard to take, and eggs only make me fill a bit cold, like it was before but now it is a lot of less... ;)

Yeah, you're right. My mind was crazy this morning, probably because of the bad sleep.

I tried upping it more today. I can't stomach too much though. I will be looking at ways to add more proteins through out the day.

I think I will be keeping low protein at night. In F*ck Portion Control, it mentions that a type a bacteria that feeds on proteins is more active at night and can cause sleep issues because it messes up hormones.

InChristAlone

What's interesting is you didn't say MILK helped you. Seems people aren't getting the same benefit from high milk diets.

shine

I use whey isolate daily, about 90-120g/day. I always mix 5g of collagen in a 30g whey shake.
I feel really good from it and will keep using it, I know it isn't peaty, but I am going with what is making me feel good and energetic.

somuch4food

@Dino D How much proteins were you getting on average before the experiment?

On a very good day without supplementation, I'm probably getting 90 g of proteins. Most days, it's less than this though.

I did get better bowel movements and sleep yesterday, but today I faltered and didn't use much whey. I'm thinking something in the range of 30 to 50 g would have a noticeable effect on me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals