My Bloodwork Over The Last Year, Suffering For 20 Years. Please Help

Wilfrid

When you took the cynomel and NDT what was the dose of ingested T3?
In your case, and considering your body surface area, no more than ~ 1 mcg of T3 ( once a day ) should be used, I think. Do you think that your doctor would be OK to put you on such T3 protocol ( if not already done obviously.... )?
Myo-inositol, selenium (~ 50 mcg/day ) and vitamin D can probably be added as well.

OP
D

Dezertfox

@Wilfrid I never took any T3, only NP thyroid for a few weeks at 88 mcg. 1 mcg seems too low since the body produces 4-5 mcg every hour? Are you sure that's the right amount?

Either way, I think that will be too low a dose for me since I have Hashimoto's and on 75 mcg synthroid, replacing it with 1 mcg just sounds trouble? I was thinking more on the lines of a smaller dose of synthroid at night and 10-12 mcg split into 2-3 parts of T3 during the day?

I am already using 5000 IU Haidut's Vit D topically and taking selenium 50 mcg as well. Started both these about 3 weeks ago

Wilfrid

I didn’t mean to replace your current synthroid medication with the T3 but to add it in your regimen. 4-5 mcg ( not to mention 10 or above amount ) is a damn very potent dose and can be very taxing on weak metabolism, plus you will probably need a good hormonal, vitamins and minerals status to get benefits from such amounts of T3.
For the vitamin D, the right dose would probably be the one that keeps PTH between 20-30 pg/ml.

OP
D

Dezertfox

Another thing I didn't mention, I get acne on my face, especially cheeks. Also, I get extra mucus and have to spit throughout the day. I think it's a sign of digestive distress even though I get hungry every few hours and bowel movements are not a problem. I also notice acne increases when I increase sugar consumption like OJ or add milk.

I am also very fatigued all day, which is less of an issue when I am on PPIs, something like famotidine doesnt help. Now I dont have GERD but I am talking about the fatigue issue. The fatigue is really sapping the life out of me and I can barely focus or work all day..maybe it's a histamine issue as well and somehow PPIs were reducing the histamine or it's effects(Also reduces acne)?

Last edited:

aquaman

Eat more food, spread more evenly over the day, with more protein.

Eat 5-6 times a day (ie smaller meals), every 2-3 hours, including snacks; balance protein, fat and carbs at each meal/snack. I would say don't drink any OJ, each sweet fruits (helps balance blood sugar and glycogen storage). OJ makes my blood sugar fluctuate massively over the day.

Eat at the same time every day, and same quantities, log your calories and your temps and pulse.

Teach your body that it will get a steady supply of food at the same time: allows glycogen storage.

The end.

OP
D

Dezertfox

I had a doctor's appointment today and he said because i have very high T and high LH I might have a pituitary tumor..He has ordered prolactin, fsh, estradiol, LH,IGF1 tests and said I might need a MRI if things don't look right again.. I used progestene 10-12 drops topically in the last 4-5 days so I hope it doesn't skew the tests.I am super scared right now. Any Peat-ian explanations for this?

Last edited:

Douglas Ek

I had a doctor's appointment today and he said because i have very high T and high LH I might have a pituitary tumor..He has ordered prolactin, fsh, estradiol, LH,IGF1 tests and said I might need a MRI if things don't look right again.. I used progestene 10-12 drops topically in the last 4-5 days so I hope it doesn't skew the tests.I am super scared right now. Any Peat-ian explanations for this?

by the way have you tested your estrogen previously?
with those T numbers you are probably very high estrogen and that's bad
might cause acne and all other symptoms

OP
D

Dezertfox

by the way have you tested your estrogen previously?
with those T numbers you are probably very high estrogen and that's bad
might cause acne and all other symptoms
If it's high I would be relieved, at least that would tell me what root cause of my problems are so I can fix it..But no never tested, this estradiol test should tell me though right?

But High DHEA S might also cause high estrogen?

lampofred

@lampofred thank you! So i was taking zinc picolinate for about 6 months but didn't notice any changes. I have been using 20 drops of haidut's magnaoil and vit e topically for about 3 weeks now and don't see any effects either. I haven't tried any B vitamins recently other than Folic acid and b12 which i also took for a few months and then stopped.

Do you think my adrenals are in overdrive due to low sugar causing stress ? like i get hungry and night and inability to store glycogen is causing adrenals to go to overdrive thereby shooting up my DHEA S levels? Now high DHEA S means low cortisol, so that could be why i feel so fatigued during the day? And the high DHEAS is then getting converted to Testosterone and Estrogen causing hair loss as well?

I am trying red light on thyroid, liver, hair as well..

High levels of dopamine and GABA along with low serotonin and low glutamate will prevent the HPA axis (and in turn the adrenals) from getting overactivated, but aside from caffeine, aspirin, and niacinamide, which are all temporary, I don't know how to get there aside from sticking to this diet for years... The only healthy way to turn off adrenals is to have strong thyroid function and low PUFA, but getting there takes a really long time of eating highly nutritious food and supplementing thyroid along with having low mental stress.

BTW, coconut oil supplementation might help temporarily as well along with coffee, aspirin, and niacinamide

If it's high I would be relieved, at least that would tell me what root cause of my problems are so I can fix it..But no never tested, this estradiol test should tell me though right?

Not to discourage anyone, but lowering estrogen and improving the progesterone/estrogen ratio in the long-run without having to constantly rely on pro-metabolic supplements every day is ridiculously hard...

OP
D

Dezertfox

High levels of dopamine and GABA along with low serotonin and low glutamate will prevent the HPA axis (and in turn the adrenals) from getting overactivated, but aside from caffeine, aspirin, and niacinamide, which are all temporary, I don't know how to get there aside from sticking to this diet for years... The only healthy way to turn off adrenals is to have strong thyroid function and low PUFA, but getting there takes a really long time of eating highly nutritious food and supplementing thyroid along with having low mental stress.

BTW, coconut oil supplementation might help temporarily as well along with coffee, aspirin, and niacinamide

Not to discourage anyone, but lowering estrogen and improving the progesterone/estrogen ratio in the long-run without having to constantly rely on pro-metabolic supplements every day is ridiculously hard...

Thanks, the points 1 and 2 are connected aren't they? The adrenals being overactive is probably causing the excess T/estrogen in a feedback loop of some sort?

Something like Progest-e should help right?

lampofred

Thanks, the points 1 and 2 are connected aren't they? The adrenals being overactive is probably causing the excess T/estrogen in a feedback loop of some sort?

Something like Progest-e should help right?

It should help in the short-run, but your liver quickly starts removing it from the bloodstream after a few weeks, so the only way to truly fix the issue is through long term dietary changes such as 100g of protein daily from eggs and milk, low PUFA, and thyroid supplementation

OP
D

Dezertfox

It should help in the short-run, but your liver quickly starts removing it from the bloodstream after a few weeks, so the only way to truly fix the issue is through long term dietary changes such as 100g of protein daily from eggs and milk, low PUFA, and thyroid supplementation
I am already on thyroid and will probably have to add T3.

I would love to take in 100 g protein daily but the problem is digesting it. Right now the only proteins which I can digest at a decent level is some chicken and cottage cheese. Eggs make me bloated. That's always been my problem, digestion. That's how I ended up with Hashis, insulin resistance and all the other crap :\

Douglas Ek

Yes estradiol will show. Also if you can manage i would get a prolactin and PTH (parathyroidhormone) test. If you have high estrogen you might also have high prolactin and high parathyroid hormone which would also cause bone loss. Hair loss, erection problems, fatigue and lots of more symptoms. Could be quite easy to treat. Everything is treatable with diet and supplements unless its a adenoma on your pituitary which also is treatable with dopamine agonists though. But i doubt it. I thought i had a prolactinoma and my doctor aswell i did an MRI nothing showed up and then i currd it with food and supplements

lampofred

I am already on thyroid and will probably have to add T3.

I would love to take in 100 g protein daily but the problem is digesting it. Right now the only proteins which I can digest at a decent level is some chicken and cottage cheese. Eggs make me bloated. That's always been my problem, digestion. That's how I ended up with Hashis, insulin resistance and all the other crap :\

Do you do the daily carrot salad? That should quickly clean your gut. And do you have good sources of Vit A if you don't eat much meat or eggs? Vit A is essential for making progesterone and other anti estrogenic steroids and it itself is anti estrogenic. And what are your temps and heart rate? A high temperature is essential for good digestion.

OP
D

Dezertfox

Do you do the daily carrot salad? That should quickly clean your gut. And do you have good sources of Vit A if you don't eat much meat or eggs? Vit A is essential for making progesterone and other anti estrogenic steroids and it itself is anti estrogenic. And what are your temps and heart rate? A high temperature is essential for good digestion.

97-97.5 wake up temp. But i sleep in a cold room with AC on. about 97.8-9 through the day. Goes up after I do red light, vit e topical etc. Evening, after a nap after work (fatigued all day need a nap to function in evening), It goes to 98.2-98.6 or so (after I do red light, vit e topical etc).

Didn't feel good with carrot salad, felt bloated last time, will start it again I guess since digestion is at a better level now.

Also, my problem is I think I digest foods OK, but I have this constant mucus and urge to clear throat which is a sign of some sort of allergy or food sitting in the stomach and fermenting maybe?

I was thinking of starting some low dose antibiotics and garlic+ginger+acv everyday to clear the gut bacteria?

For Vit A, I use 5 drops Haidut's retinil (acetate- 12500 IU) and Liver twice a week. I am adding more chicken and trying to increase.

lampofred

97-97.5 wake up temp. But i sleep in a cold room with AC on. about 97.8-9 through the day. Goes up after I do red light, vit e topical etc. Evening, after a nap after work (fatigued all day need a nap to function in evening), It goes to 98.2-98.6 or so (after I do red light, vit e topical etc).

Didn't feel good with carrot salad, felt bloated last time, will start it again I guess since digestion is at a better level now.

Also, my problem is I think I digest foods OK, but I have this constant mucus and urge to clear throat which is a sign of some sort of allergy or food sitting in the stomach and fermenting maybe?

I was thinking of starting some low dose antibiotics and garlic+ginger+acv everyday to clear the gut bacteria?

For Vit A, I use 5 drops Haidut's retinil (acetate- 12500 IU) and Liver twice a week. I am adding more chicken and trying to increase.

Those temps are pretty low and low temps will inactivate many of your body's digestive enzymes. Maybe it would help to always wear socks, layers, full sleeves, etc? My digestion is far better and bowel movements are far more regular when I have my temps always hovering in high 98s low 99s. Hyperventilation, mental stress, anxiety, etc also worsen digestion.

OP
D

Dezertfox

Those temps are pretty low and low temps will inactivate many of your body's digestive enzymes. Maybe it would help to always wear socks, layers, full sleeves, etc? My digestion is far better and bowel movements are far more regular when I have my temps always hovering in high 98s low 99s. Hyperventilation, mental stress, anxiety, etc also worsen digestion.

Thanks I will look into it. Do you know why I would get more inflamed when I consume more carbs/sugar? I have some insulin resistance but not diabetes and I am getting more and more fatigued and inflamed when I consume any carbs/oj/sweets :(

OP
D

Dezertfox

Yes estradiol will show. Also if you can manage i would get a prolactin and PTH (parathyroidhormone) test. If you have high estrogen you might also have high prolactin and high parathyroid hormone which would also cause bone loss. Hair loss, erection problems, fatigue and lots of more symptoms. Could be quite easy to treat. Everything is treatable with diet and supplements unless its a adenoma on your pituitary which also is treatable with dopamine agonists though. But i doubt it. I thought i had a prolactinoma and my doctor aswell i did an MRI nothing showed up and then i currd it with food and supplements

Yes I got both those tests. Will let you know when I get the results! My doctor thinks I have a tumor in pituitary too and said if these blood tests are abnormal, he will schedule a MRI. :\

lampofred

Thanks I will look into it. Do you know why I would get more inflamed when I consume more carbs/sugar? I have some insulin resistance but not diabetes and I am getting more and more fatigued and inflamed when I consume any carbs/oj/sweets :(

My guess is that your carbs are going towards making lactic acid (stuck in glycolysis) which is highly inflammatory and fatigue-inducing as opposed to going all the way to CO2. I have the same issue and am pretty lost on how to fix it without having to move to the mountains for a few months...

OP
D

Dezertfox

My guess is that your carbs are going towards making lactic acid (stuck in glycolysis) which is highly inflammatory and fatigue-inducing as opposed to going all the way to CO2. I have the same issue and am pretty lost on how to fix it without having to move to the mountains for a few months...
Any supplements can help? Are you saying increasing CO2 is the solution? Maybe buteyko breathing will help? Or acetazolamide?