19 year old male: insomnia, water retention, depression and suicidal thoughts (blood work, labs included)

OP
DenizkaRedizka
Vaccination status historically? Does the abstinence from the nicotine bring on the symptoms of headache, etc. or does intake of nicotine reduce the constancy of symptoms which are perceivable at lower level? At a minimum, you're exhibiting signs of auto-immunity and under the circumstances, the removal of all dairy and gluten is likely necessary. It seems you're HPA axis is stuck on ortho-sympathetic overload, edema can be the result of nervous system imbalances, and excessive physical exhaustion, as with the continuance of training in the absence of restorative sleep. To be frank, it seems to me you've been poisoned in some way -- and I would recommend heavy metal testing to determine if you're saturated. NAD regulates circadian cycles and suppresses cortisol -- my advice is to utilize a high quality NMN-D-Ribose (not nicotinamide riboside, NR) but if you can afford it, use the Pro-Health brand NMN 500mg daily with 1500mg of D-Ribose to deal with some of the immediate symptoms, get screened for heavy metals, and then report back. Roughly speaking, are you located in the UK?
Hello, I am in Russia. Haven't been vaccinated for many years. Haven't had flu shots for a long time, etc. Also, I have not been vaccinated against coronovirus.
Edit: I didn't have these symptoms before I started using nicotine. These are just the effects of nicotine withdrawal.

MC_55

Hello, I am in Russia. Haven't been vaccinated for many years. Haven't had flu shots for a long time, etc. Also, I have not been vaccinated against coronovirus.

Proceed with examination of heavy metals status in-vivo.

OP
DenizkaRedizka

Proceed with examination of heavy metals status in-vivo.
Okay, I'll check the status of heavy metals in my body.

conrad0602

I'd say if you didn't feel any affects negative or positive after two weeks at about 12.5mcg a day you could consider trying another two weeks at a dose of 12.5 with breakfast and again with dinner and see how you feel and take it from there as to wether you feel that dose is working for you or whether you need to increase again for a following 2 weeks.

If idea labs ship to Russia then that could be a way to get preg/dhea and cyproheptadine. It works out more expensive but it's a convenient way to get a month or so supply to try them out and see what works for you. Is diphenhydramine available over the counter in Russia? If not biovea might ship to you and it's relatively cheap for a big pot. There are places to get pure powder preg/dhea from such as health natura and such labs. If the substances work for you and you want to stock up, this would be the preferable way to purchase to save some money.

OP
DenizkaRedizka
I'd say if you didn't feel any affects negative or positive after two weeks at about 12.5mcg a day you could consider trying another two weeks at a dose of 12.5 with breakfast and again with dinner and see how you feel and take it from there as to wether you feel that dose is working for you or whether you need to increase again for a following 2 weeks.

If idea labs ship to Russia then that could be a way to get preg/dhea and cyproheptadine. It works out more expensive but it's a convenient way to get a month or so supply to try them out and see what works for you. Is diphenhydramine available over the counter in Russia? If not biovea might ship to you and it's relatively cheap for a big pot. There are places to get pure powder preg/dhea from such as health natura and such labs. If the substances work for you and you want to stock up, this would be the preferable way to purchase to save some money.
The problem is that the order that I placed earlier on the IdeaLabs site costs me $120, and delivery to my city costs $250. In total, the price of this order will be equal to the average salary in Russia, so I need to look for another supplier. Diphenhydramine is prohibited for sale without a prescription in Russia. I'm sure I can find cyproheptadine or a similar antihistamine in my country. I just have to look. Thanks for the very good advice. I need to make a summary based on the posts in this thread.
May I ask you? Is it normal to take only T3 in my case?

P

Peatness

You may not need to supplement thyroid. Try improving your diet. Calcium is important for thyroid.

From a Ray Peat interview

Ray peat on Thyroid and metabolism

HD2
: So, a high-calcium diet, in conjunction with a high protein diet, and a high-fruit diet is what basically what you're suggesting?

RP: Yah. That's why, as a quick therapy diet, I recommend a person having at least two quarts of milk and two quarts of orange juice every day to get the thyroid going and suppress inflammation and help the liver regulate things.

HD2: When you recommend that to people, do you recommend that they have it in place of breakfast and lunch? Or as well as their normal three meals a day?

RP: As it starts working, it will increase their caloric needs, so that if they had been maintaining their weight on 1,000 or 1,500 calories, as the milk and orange juice start to activate their thyroid hormone and lower the estrogen and cortisol, they will gradually be able to increase their caloric intake up to at least 2,000 calories a day.

Saturated fats

RP
: Saturated fats are protective; declining thyroid function causes LDL cholesterol to rise, and is an important cause of hypoglycemia, because of failure to store enough glycogen. Eating too much protein can cause declining thyroid function.

conrad0602

The problem is that the order that I placed earlier on the IdeaLabs site costs me $120, and delivery to my city costs $250. In total, the price of this order will be equal to the average salary in Russia, so I need to look for another supplier. Diphenhydramine is prohibited for sale without a prescription in Russia. I'm sure I can find cyproheptadine or a similar antihistamine in my country. I just have to look. Thanks for the very good advice. I need to make a summary based on the posts in this thread.
May I ask you? Is it normal to take only T3 in my case?
Sorry to hear it, that's far too much money to be spending on idea labs. Do you know if health natura or such labs can ship to you? Might be worth looking into to if they can offer more realistic pricing.

Yes t3 only is fine and Id say preferable to start with as it's easier to get a feel for what dose is working for you as its effects are more immediate and if you end up taking a little too much you can skip a dose or two and you'll be back to baseline. It also avoids the potential complication of t4 converting to reverse t3. Once you've found a dose of t3 that's working for you, you could consider adding t4 but to begin with t3 is easier to work with and can help bring reverse t3 down leaving you in a better place to potentially add some t4 down the line.

Edit: as peatness has just suggested, it might be worth trying the supplements to get calcium and d3 up. With b1 and b3 you might find you are making good progress at improving the metabolism and dont need to consider adding thyroid which would be ideal. Preg/dhea could be another step to take before considering thyroid.

Last edited:
OP
DenizkaRedizka
You may not need to supplement thyroid. Try improving your diet. Calcium is important for thyroid.

From a Ray Peat interview

Ray peat on Thyroid and metabolism

HD2
: So, a high-calcium diet, in conjunction with a high protein diet, and a high-fruit diet is what basically what you're suggesting?

RP: Yah. That's why, as a quick therapy diet, I recommend a person having at least two quarts of milk and two quarts of orange juice every day to get the thyroid going and suppress inflammation and help the liver regulate things.

HD2: When you recommend that to people, do you recommend that they have it in place of breakfast and lunch? Or as well as their normal three meals a day?

RP: As it starts working, it will increase their caloric needs, so that if they had been maintaining their weight on 1,000 or 1,500 calories, as the milk and orange juice start to activate their thyroid hormone and lower the estrogen and cortisol, they will gradually be able to increase their caloric intake up to at least 2,000 calories a day.
I'd be happy to admit that 2 liters of milk and 2 liters of juice or something like that would help keep me from taking thyroid, but I can't digest anything but raw meat and honey. I can no longer walk normally. The pain in the joints is very severe and I have to walk slowly and for very short distances. I want to die every day from the pain that I feel. I will definitely try to reintroduce milk (goat milk), but I need at least some support now. Because on September 1st I will again have very intensive training at the university, but now even walking is difficult for me.

OP
DenizkaRedizka
Sorry to hear it, that's far too much money to be spending on idea labs. Do you know if health natura or such labs can ship to you? Might be worth looking into to if they can offer more realistic pricing.

Yes t3 only is fine and Id say preferable to start with as it's easier to get a feel for what dose is working for you as its effects are more immediate and if you end up taking a little too much you can skip a dose or two and you'll be back to baseline. It also avoids the potential complication of t4 converting to reverse t3. Once you've found a dose of t3 that's working for you, you could consider adding t4 but to begin with t3 is easier to work with and can help bring reverse t3 down leaving you in a better place to potentially add some t4 down the line.
Unfortunately, I cannot find DHEA on the Health Natura website. Found only pregnenolone. The PureBulk website has DHEA but no pregnenolone (very cheap $30 shipping to my country). Health Natura does not deliver the package to Russia.

P

Peatness

I'd be happy to admit that 2 liters of milk and 2 liters of juice or something like that would help keep me from taking thyroid, but I can't digest anything but raw meat and honey. I can no longer walk normally. The pain in the joints is very severe and I have to walk slowly and for very short distances. I want to die every day from the pain that I feel. I will definitely try to reintroduce milk (goat milk), but I need at least some support now. Because on September 1st I will again have very intensive training at the university, but now even walking is difficult for me.
It sounds really tough, sorry to hear this. Calcium deficiency can cause both mood disorder and joint pain. Your body needs to heal. You need food not hormones. It can't heal if you keep pushing it too hard. Be gentle with yourself.

HeyThere

Have you tried temporarily just stopping everything? I find sometimes I'm deep in taking all this stuff and sometimes my body just wants a rest to do its own thing for a while.

conrad0602

Unfortunately, I cannot find DHEA on the Health Natura website. Found only pregnenolone. The PureBulk website has DHEA but no pregnenolone (very cheap $30 shipping to my country). Health Natura does not deliver the package to Russia.
That's great that pure bulk offers more affordable shipping. You might find b1 and b3 make quite a difference to energy/stamina/strength/digestion/mood and potentially sleep. Along with calcium and d3 for a time whilst getting in enough of the foods that you can currently tolerate is important. Then working towards adding in more foods as you start to feel stronger.

redsun

You have a severe malnutrition problem this is why where you are where you are right now. You have insomnia and severe exercise intolerance. Meat has some choline but because males cannot make much of our own choline and because exercise increases choline requirements, You are likely very choline deficient evidenced by the lack of muscle tone (you need acetylcholine for muscle tone), excessively fast heartbeat when exercising and otherwise exercise intolerance, insomnia, loss of sex drive, fatigue, digestive problems. This is probably why you found yourself drawn to nicotine which is probably increasing your functionality somewhat because it substitutes partially for your lack of acetylcholine since nicotinic activates acetylcholine receptors.

You should not touch thyroid or any hormone. They will either do nothing or make you worse. You are severely micronutrient deficient, that is at the core of your issue as youngsinatra has already pointed out.

A very good way to get you started up again very quickly is to eat egg yolks. You mention digestive issues but you should be alright to eat egg yolks. The whites can cause digestive problems but the yolks should be doable. I would eat 6 a day in the morning. They say eggs are nature's multivitamin and that's because they are and all the micronutrients in the egg are in the yolk. They have quite a bit of choline which you clearly need and have a lot of nutrients as well that are not being covered by beef and honey/fruits. This will help you replete vitamins, choline, and some minerals back in your body and improve a lot of your symptoms such as exercise intolerance, digestion, insomnia.

OP
DenizkaRedizka
You have a severe malnutrition problem this is why where you are where you are right now. You have insomnia and severe exercise intolerance. Meat has some choline but because males cannot make much of our own choline and because exercise increases choline requirements, You are likely very choline deficient evidenced by the lack of muscle tone (you need acetylcholine for muscle tone), excessively fast heartbeat when exercising and otherwise exercise intolerance, insomnia, loss of sex drive, fatigue, digestive problems. This is probably why you found yourself drawn to nicotine which is probably increasing your functionality somewhat because it substitutes partially for your lack of acetylcholine since nicotinic activates acetylcholine receptors.

You should not touch thyroid or any hormone. They will either do nothing or make you worse. You are severely micronutrient deficient, that is at the core of your issue as youngsinatra has already pointed out.

A very good way to get you started up again very quickly is to eat egg yolks. You mention digestive issues but you should be alright to eat egg yolks. The whites can cause digestive problems but the yolks should be doable. I would eat 6 a day in the morning. They say eggs are nature's multivitamin and that's because they are and all the micronutrients in the egg are in the yolk. They have quite a bit of choline which you clearly need and have a lot of nutrients as well that are not being covered by beef and honey/fruits. This will help you replete vitamins, choline, and some minerals back in your body and improve a lot of your symptoms such as exercise intolerance, digestion, insomnia.
Thank you redsun. I really like your posts. Apart from egg yolks (I can afford pasture eggs), what else can I add to my diet? I would be happy to limit my treatment to diet only, no hormones.

OP
DenizkaRedizka
That's great that pure bulk offers more affordable shipping. You might find b1 and b3 make quite a difference to energy/stamina/strength/digestion/mood and potentially sleep. Along with calcium and d3 for a time whilst getting in enough of the foods that you can currently tolerate is important. Then working towards adding in more foods as you start to feel stronger.
Thank you for your kindness. I like your advice. I will buy in the near future d3, b1, b3, pregnenolone, DHEA, calcium carbonate.

redsun

Thank you redsun. I really like your posts. Apart from egg yolks (I can afford pasture eggs), what else can I add to my diet? I would be happy to limit my treatment to diet only, no hormones.
Cheese tends to be the most well tolerated form of dairy. Goat or sheep cheese tends to also be better than cow cheese. So if you can find a goat or sheep cheese you like, I would eat some of that to get some bioavailable calcium in your diet. Otherwise if that doesnt work egg yolks should do well for now and you need to try and get some calcium from mineral waters. Magnesium can make you way too tired and fatigue in high doses so I would avoid magnesium especially because you already have fatigue issues. Your diet does provide some magnesium.

OP
DenizkaRedizka
Cheese tends to be the most well tolerated form of dairy. Goat or sheep cheese tends to also be better than cow cheese. So if you can find a goat or sheep cheese you like, I would eat some of that to get some bioavailable calcium in your diet. Otherwise if that doesnt work egg yolks should do well for now and you need to try and get some calcium from mineral waters. Magnesium can make you way too tired and fatigue in high doses so I would avoid magnesium especially because you already have fatigue issues. Your diet does provide some magnesium.
Thanks, I'll take your advice.

OP
DenizkaRedizka
Have you tried temporarily just stopping everything? I find sometimes I'm deep in taking all this stuff and sometimes my body just wants a rest to do its own thing for a while.
What do you have in mind? I just eat food and try to be active, but because of the constant pain, I can't enjoy life the way I used to.

conrad0602

Thank you for your kindness. I like your advice. I will buy in the near future d3, b1, b3, pregnenolone, DHEA, calcium carbonate.
No problem I can really relate to your situation. As others have suggested it's best to start with supplementing vitamins/minerals and see how you get on. You may find they really help and that there's no need to add preg/dhea thyroid. The egg yolk suggestion is a great idea and worked for me to get easy extra nutrition whilst your gut is healing. If liver works for you that would also be a good addition. I personally struggled with cheese to begin with and found kefir worked best as my first dairy source. Kefir, egg yolk and raw honey smoothie has been really helpful to get enough calories/nutrients.

OP
DenizkaRedizka
No problem I can really relate to your situation. As others have suggested it's best to start with supplementing vitamins/minerals and see how you get on. You may find they really help and that there's no need to add preg/dhea thyroid. The egg yolk suggestion is a great idea and worked for me to get easy extra nutrition whilst your gut is healing. If liver works for you that would also be a good addition. I personally struggled with cheese to begin with and found kefir worked best as my first dairy source. Kefir, egg yolk and raw honey smoothie has been really helpful to get enough calories/nutrients.
Thank you very much, you have no idea how grateful I am to all of you. No one has ever supported me like you do on this forum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals