It gives me lactic acid and takes away the will to do anything. Then it gives me restless legs so I need to spend the night walking around, but it makes me too tired to walk around :shootself

kineticz

Such_Saturation said:
It gives me lactic acid and takes away the will to do anything. Then it gives me restless legs so I need to spend the night walking around, but it makes me too tired to walk around :shootself

:lol: I slept like a baby on it last night.

Dr Marianco says serotonin in some people increases dopamine due to reducing the conversion to adrenaline.

kineticz said:
Such_Saturation said:

Dr Marianco says serotonin in some people increases dopamine due to reducing the conversion to adrenaline.

Low dopamine causes restless legs and fermentation.

schultz

Such_Saturation said:

How do you know it gives you lactic acid? :poke

I just gave 4mg to one of my goats, I wonder if she'll get sleepy :shock:

schultz said:
Such_Saturation said:

How do you know it gives you lactic acid? :poke

I just gave 4mg to one of my goats, I wonder if she'll get sleepy :shock:

Because it burns :cool:

kineticz

Such_Saturation said:
kineticz said:
Such_Saturation said:

You seem to disagree with things I have already said, the cypro, by lowering serotonin, could lower dopamine in some people, hence promote restless legs.

kineticz said:
Such_Saturation said:
kineticz said:
Such_Saturation said:

You seem to disagree with things I have already said, the cypro, by lowering serotonin, could lower dopamine in some people, hence promote restless legs.

Oh I misread :cool:

InChristAlone

I had the restless legs with cypro as well. The only other time I've ever had that was a few times while pregnant.

I think I get it when I earth myself as well. Although my earth cable seems to raise my voltage instead of lowering it :ss

narouz

Such_Saturation said:

Hahaha :lol:

That's odd too
because some have said cypro helps restless leg syndrome
(under the view that it is rooted in excess seratonin).

answersfound

Sheik said:
Cyproheptadine is one hell of a drug.

Agreed. Anytime Cyproheptadine is recommended for use on this website, there should be a disclaimer: "Your world views will change. You may feel immortal. You may not care about little petty things like you used to. You may feel completely lost in this mad world." And then after that you should have to watch this video:

http://youtu.be/4N3N1MlvVc4

narouz

answersfound said:
Sheik said:

Agreed. Anytime Cyproheptadine is recommended for use on this website, there should be a disclaimer: "Your world views will change. You may feel immortal. You may not care about little petty things like you used to. You may feel completely lost in this mad world." And then after that you should have to watch this video:

I've always liked that version of the song.
I really like cypro,
but...not in the way/scale described here.
Not saying at all that those experiences are invalid.
We've seen that people react to these kind of drugs very differently.
Check out the radically different experiences to, say, lisuride here on the forum....

answersfound

narouz said:
answersfound said:
Sheik said:

I've always liked that version of the song.
I really like cypro,
but...not in the way/scale described here.
Not saying at all that those experiences are invalid.
We've seen that people react to these kind of drugs very differently.
Check out the radically different experiences to, say, lisuride here on the forum....

True. I'll check it out.

Sheik

haidut said:
Actually, I've used [cyproheptadine] for extended periods of time even at the "high" doses mentioned in the studies (24mg+). Btw, if you look at some of the animal studies, the dosage used when converted to a human dose would be 60mg+ per day. I have never taken that high of a dose but at about half of that dose (32mg) I felt like I had a gut of steel - i.e. no gut issues even after eating and drinking things that would bring me to my knees in the past. It is also very sedating at doses over 16mg per day, but for people with serious gut issues that may be one good option of stabilizing things and then working with diet to fix issues long-term. Long story short - I have taken cypro for several months in a row and aside from the drowsiness I did not get any other side effects. But keep in mind that everybody may, and probably will, react differently. So, I'd start low and work my way up only if necessary and with caution.

Wow, this is good to know. I've been wanting to try more than my usual 4mg but was worried it was a bad idea. Not sure where I got that impression.

TheHound

I made a thread, but it got minimal replies and it seems no one knew so I'll try here.

since cyproheptadine suppresses growth hormone, will it suppress further height growth in a 20 year old?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
TheHound said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97040/ I made a thread, but it got minimal replies and it seems no one knew so I'll try here.

since cyproheptadine suppresses growth hormone, will it suppress further height growth in a 20 year old?

It is possible. Cyproheptadine has been used to treat acromegaly, which is a condition of excess growth hormone. So, taking it while young and still growing may affect height. I think this is why most doctors give it to children in doses of no more than 4mg. It typically starts to suppress growth hormone in doses of 12mg and higher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean

well, just to add to the testimonials, good and bad....I'm afraid it wasn't a wonder drug for me. Perhaps I didn't give it long enough or increased my dose too fast, but it made me extremely depressed. Not sure what to make of that result. I don't know if I can conclude that my adult life-long struggle with depression is not a result of too much serotonin. The SSRIs and natural serotonin agonists I've taken in the past didn't help matters at all either. So, perhaps my depression/mood issues are unrelated to serotonin? Who knows.

Other results/effects from taking cypro.: restless legs and appetite increased, didn't have much issue with sedation after the first couple of days even though I dosed up to 8 mg quite quickly. Got a few of the headaches when I was caught without a dose handy. They sucked. Strangely enough though, I quit cold turkey due to the depths of the depression becoming alarmingly low with one 1 mg dose in late afternoon and didn't have any ill effects/headache next day or thereafter. The added depression started lifting almost immediately. On the positive side, it did seem to solidify/steel my gut

edit: almost forget a strange and another prominent negative that I haven't seen others report. My night's sleep worsened. I seemed to wake up every 3 hrs or so and never felt like I was in deep sleep.

That's why I stick to one milligram and two when I eat something nasty. But perhaps we should consider an L-Dopa combination :ninja

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals