Thiamine, Thyroid And Perfect Recall

hmac

Has anyone ever tried the combination of B1 and Thyroid that Peat claims let's you have access to everything you've ever know? I'd be very interested to hear reports!

milk_lover

I have a positive experience combining thiamine with biotin. They are both good for carb metabolism, CO2, ATP, lactic acid minimization etc.

DaveFoster

1500 mg Thiamine HCl x3/day morning, noon, and evening. Stack with 1500 mg niacinamide and 5000 mcg biotin for added effect, as mentioned by milk_lover.

Philomath

Sorry for the dumb question is that 1500mg niacinamide and 5000 mcg biotin with each dose of thiamine? Or divided through the day as well?

Sheila

The former.
Hello Mr Foster
How on earth did you manage this? I tried 900mg B1 for a week or so and whilst I was very bright that week (IMHO!), I quickly ran into a cortisol response.

Are there any females out there on these high doses? My perception is the blokes get away with a lot more in this regard due to (probable) youth and/or their intrinsically better liver function.

When I see the research on B1, I wonder also, at these very high doses why the 'average Jo' on these trials who is sick (eg. Parkinsons) can tolerate them given that they are, presumably, on no special diets or have no particular understandings such as we are working on and likely have done a lot of metabolic damage prior. Is it cellular blockade? Are the huge doses needed because uptake is so poor?

Thank you for any light you can shed.

Sheila

tara

How on earth did you manage this? I tried 900mg B1 for a week or so and whilst I was very bright that week (IMHO!), I quickly ran into a cortisol response.
This is the man who was going for a few grams of caffeine a day. Not sure if he's also into base-jumping and running with the bulls. :)

zooma

Thiamine increases efficiency of the sugar metabolism, so possibly you weren't eating enough?

Dave has suggested that he eats a lot (5000kcal+ I think).

Would also like to hear any more experience, I plan to try thiamine + biotin. I don't recall Ray suggesting thiamine + thyroid specifically?

OP
H

hmac

Thiamine increases efficiency of the sugar metabolism, so possibly you weren't eating enough?

Dave has suggested that he eats a lot (5000kcal+ I think).

Would also like to hear any more experience, I plan to try thiamine + biotin. I don't recall Ray suggesting thiamine + thyroid specifically?

I think he mentions the idea twice on radio shows. Once he says something akin to 'I told people to take a little B1 the night before and read the book and then again directly before the exam and I've never know anyone score less than perfectly'. Another time he say's "the right combination of thyroid and B1 can let you have access to everything you've ever known"

zooma

I think he mentions the idea twice on radio shows. Once he says something akin to 'I told people to take a little B1 the night before and read the book and then again directly before the exam and I've never know anyone score less than perfectly'. Another time he say's "the right combination of thyroid and B1 can let you have access to everything you've ever known"

I recognise the first quote (herb doctors - memory, cognition.. or similar) but not the second. Cheers, I'll have a look around for that when I get a chance.

Philomath

Do you think Dr. Peat uses this combo before his interviews? the man seems to remember everything he's ever read:D

Sheila

Dear Zooma, you could well be right, but I do eat frequently, not to 5000kcal though, no way.

Dr Peat mentions "a little B1" is helpful in recall, absolutely, but what's a little, not 900mg+ and many trials for serious dysfunction are at those very high levels or higher.
Still my question remains, how does the average Joe with a disease, not also run out of fuel and show benefit in the trials with, for example, very high dose Vit B1?

And thank you Tara, several grams of caffeine too, with that lot on board, I would likely leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Grateful for your replies.
Sheila

zooma

I'm not really well-versed enough to help you with your answer, but a few things i've thought;

In some studies that haidut posts they have used the fat-soluble form so possibly that has different effects

the people involved are not eating a pro-metabolic diet (not burning their fuel as quickly), and are probably more used to running on elevated cortisol. If improvements have been made in a serious illness, I imagine that both those conducting the trial and those taking part would uninterested in a common stress response.

As you mentioned Ray has never suggested this kind of dosing, I think he referred to 10mg most of the time and occasionally to 100mg taken with a meal.

I've taken it on and off for a few months and I don't recall any negative experiences, but 100mg seemed to be just as positive as a higher dose. It probably is as simple as needing to eat more, it isn't normal to be taking that amount of a pro-metabolic substance so it makes sense that you need more energy to burn. Or possibly just eating a bigger meal with the thiamine, and not necessarily more overall.

:)

M

marikay

Now if we could just find something that gives perfect prediction ability:)

DaveFoster

You didn't eat enough; particularly carbohydrates. Try

Are there any females out there on these high doses? My perception is the blokes get away with a lot more in this regard due to (probable) youth and/or their intrinsically better liver function.
Most of the people who perform these self-experiments are men. Women tend to have more problems with estrogen, as Peat mentions, insufficient calories, and toxic hygiene products (cosmetics).

When I see the research on B1, I wonder also, at these very high doses why the 'average Jo' on these trials who is sick (eg. Parkinsons) can tolerate them given that they are, presumably, on no special diets or have no particular understandings such as we are working on and likely have done a lot of metabolic damage prior. Is it cellular blockade? Are the huge doses needed because uptake is so poor?
It's harder to grasp the purpose of these mega-doses if you view them as vitamins. View these vitamins as drugs. They're drugs with very few side effects.

Sheila

Zooma, I am grateful for your thoughts.

Mr Foster, thank you for your comments.

Sheila

paymanz

just be careful with thiamin chronic mega dosing.i read once on pubmed that it may increase risk of cancer.
&
how much thiamin recommended to combine with thyroid for memory boost?and what type of thyroid?t3?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals