Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Thiamine Reduces Both Lactate And Ammonia

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by haidut, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

2. tara

tara Member

purebulk powder added to juice

3. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

what bliss ??

social anxiety is relieved ? happiness ? and you took just regular thiamine supplements ?

4. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

No, imagine your lover being brought back to life or something. Imagine staring up at the sun and just crying tears of joy and there is some kind of orgasm of gratefulness inside your head. I personally only had that effect from thiamine the first few times but I also can attain it regularly on my own now. If I eat well.

5. Spondive

Spondive Member

Thiamine and niacinamide at 500 mg to 500 mg twice a day with some form of sugar a has returned my liver enzymes almost to normal in I think it has been like 4 months.. I wish knew how to post my labs before and after easily

6. yomama

yomama Member

can I ask did you suffer any specific liver condition/disease or it was just occasional abnormal level of liver enzymes?

7. Spondive

Spondive Member

No I have had elevated liver enzymes since 2010 and an ultrasound that shows severe steatosis of the liver..I have tried a lot of things without much change until using thiamine and niacinamide at higher dosages on a regular basis..also I do get a sense of moments of extreme sense of well being that I haven't felt since I was a kid

8. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

did you take it with other supplements ?

and would it interfere with other supplements I take ? Like taurine, lysine, niacinamide

9. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

I think it could use up magnesium quicker and someone might have said something about B5 but I'm not sure. I did take it by itself the first time and ate a soft fried egg.

10. PeatThemAll

PeatThemAll Member

The body has a forward-looking (energy sparing) all-or-nothing way of calculating if it has *all* it needs (building blocks *and* energy) before starting to assemble proteins. Also, its use of vitamins as cofactors is akin to you car keys: you can have the best engine in the world and a tank full of fuel, but if a cofactor is missing (keys), the engine won't start.

Keeping these two principles in mind, it wouldn't surprise me that the former (thiamin detox) was actually the start of something put on hold for quite some time. It would also explain why, after a while, everything stabilizes, loses effect, or one loses interest for a food / supplement, as the metabolic queue of jobs has been cleared.

:2cents

Edit: Found this on Amazon.ca

Source: http://www.amazon.ca/PhysioLogics-B...UTF8&qid=1444468704&sr=8-13&keywords=thiamine

11. Giraffe

Giraffe Member

Thanks for your reply. I agree with what you wrote about missing cofactors.

Looking back, I would advise anyone who suspects insufficient liver or kidney function to read into the side-effects and contraindications of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors before trying high doses of thiamine.
    (Also see Thiamine is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor as effective as acetazolamide.)

I have not fully figured out what was going on. Maybe I was low in alkalines.

It might be that I do not tolerate well the HCl form at the moment (I have not tried yet thiamine pyrophosphate or allithiamine). Prior to that 300mg-experiment I have for a couple of weeks taken 10-25 mg thiamine HCl with carbohydrate-rich meal. I have once tried 300 mg spread over the day (3 x 100 mg) with no adverse effect other than a bad taste shortly after taking it. On a later occasion - after that experiment - I got those bowels reactions from a small dose of Haidut's Energin used topically (it contained ~ 9 mg thiamine HCl). The bowel reaction this time was only very short; the overall the effect was positive ... the only negatives were a goaty smell and bad taste.

I'd like to understand the chloride-bicarbonate-connection better.

After that experiment my kidneys complained for weeks. Massaging them always helped for a short while. Surprisingly the kidney ailments cleared after I tried taurine. Carrot and activated charcoal helped with the upset gut.

12. Peata

Peata Member

bump for Ewlevy1

13. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

14. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The SA product looks good and is probably even purer than the Spectrum one. The USP certification is more focused on lack of toxic elements than purity. Reagent grade is often much purer as the chemical is used for synthesis of other chemicals or for specific reactions and tests and you don't want any contamination in those. The Spectrum product is also probably good but I have not used it personally.

15. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Thanks haidut; I'd be more concerned over toxicity over heavy metals in particular rather than purity, although they're related.

16. Texon

Texon Member

@haidut
    How about benfotiamine which is also fat soluble? This link...
    Do You Have Beri-Beri? - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com
    mentions a condition called "Berri Berri Modernus". This article may generate some controversy in this venue, but I think it's worth considering. I had a blood test about three years ago that showed my b1 to be extremely low. Neither the functional MD or I had any idea of the importance of the test result. I do now after a lot of suffering unfortunately..

17. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I don't think there is anything benfothiamine can do that regular thiamine cannot also achieve. In fact, the human study on high dose oral thiamine found that after taking a specific oral dose for a week you achieve the same blood concentrations as the same dose given IV. So, if you take 300mg for a week you will achieve the same blood levels as 300mg IV thiamine, which is considered a hefty dose even in a hospital setting. Given your low levels I think it would worth asking your doctor about possibly supplementing with some thiamine for a few weeks and then retesting.

18. Texon

Texon Member

Good info thanks. Btw when I posted above, I couldn't recall the name of the test, but I do now (Nutreval). Given that the test cost over $600, I think I will just supplement and forego testing. I may check into the allithiamine from Vitamin Shoppe too. I've heard good things about it but have never tried it.

19. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

If you are going to use any of the so-called "fat soluble B1" like benfo and alli, I would go with allithiamine as benfothiamine was shown to NOT raise brain levels of B1 and it is the brain that needs B1 the most.

20. Texon

Texon Member

Well I have to defer to you on that one as I am not a scientist. Also thought it worth mentioning I am not a Bill Sardi proponent, and I know he has a heavily vested interest in resveratrol. That said, his info at the link above seemed interesting...Also, if I may, what is your opinion of this...
    Comparative autoradiographic investigations on the tissue distribution of benfotiamine versus thiamine in mice. - PubMed - NCBI