Allithiamine (TTFD) Powder Group Buy

mad539

Thank you again for your detailed response.

I'm currently researching manufactors to source TTFD. I noticed, that Allithiamine is a bit different than Fursultiamine:

Fursultiamine (TTFD, thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide)
CAS 804-30-8
Formula C17H26N4O3S2
1613740436935.png

Allithiamine (thiamine allyl disulfide)
CAS 554-44-9
Formula C15H22N4O2S2
1613740447236.png

The one from Ecological Formulas is Allithiamin, the one from Overton (Thiamax) is Fursultiamine (TTFD).

My question as a chemcial noob is, how much do they differ and does it matter?

amz

On the label of the one from Ecological Formulas they say it's "Thiamine TTFD (as thiamin tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide)".
So, I think it's exactly the same inside the capsules, regardless of the name they use.

I'm not sure there's much of a difference in terms of absorption or the way the body process it.

ddjd

was this group buy successful? anyone in europe trying to do one?

achillea

Loess, in my other post I explained how there is a misconception that a person needs the fat soluble thiamine analogs b/c thiamine hydrochloride is somehow inferior. A study I posted shows that this is not the case and in fact, 1500mg of thiamine hydrochloride is very well absorbed and achieves very high plasma concentrations. It also happens to be dirt cheap. You can buy thiamine hydrochloride USP for couple of dollars per pound. That price is hard to beat I think.
Finally, I saw this post by accident. If I hadn't read it, I would not have known that you are asking me a question. Since you are the author of the post, there is no way for me to get notified when it first gets posted. So, in the future if you have something addressed to me just drop me a PM please so I know to go read the post.
Btw, I have taken TTFD and it is fine but there is no justification for its higher price.
Just my 2c.
I believe Alli and Lipo have been shown to definitely cross the blood brain barrier by Japanese researchers, which is not to say the the other Thiamines are not effective

Mauritio

I'm awating the response of the german customs, should be next week. If its possible to get it, we can do a group buy.
I'd be down, too.

jnklheimer

I got a quote for 250g of TTFD for about $350 iirc. Would have to double check. Might have been less money.

ddjd

I'm awating the response of the german customs, should be next week. If its possible to get it, we can do a group buy.
Nice. I'm also in Germany. please keep me updated, thanks

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I called ecological formulas a couple months ago about buying allithiamine without additives in bulk and they never returned my call. I’m currently taking thiamax.

mad539

I've received a response from german customs (translated).
Can I order medicines from abroad?
According to German pharmaceutical law, private individuals are generally not allowed to order medicines from abroad by mail or courier.

What are medicinal products?
Medicinal products are substances or preparations of substances that are intended for use in or on the human or animal body and are intended as agents with properties for curing or alleviating or for preventing human or animal diseases or pathological complaints (so-called presentation medicinal products, because they are regarded as such by the consumer solely on the basis of their presentation, e.g. the packaging or packaging insert, irrespective of their content) or may be used in or on the human or animal body or administered to a human or animal for the purpose of either restore, correct, or affect physiological functions through a pharmacological, immunological, or metabolic action; or to establish a medical diagnosis (so-called functional drugs, which, regardless of their presentation, are drugs solely by virtue of their objective property).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I wouldn't classify TTFD as medicinal product, but looking at the range how they define medicinal products (...curing or alleviating or for preventing human or animal diseases....) everything from minerals to vitamins shouldn't be allowed.

It seems when we do import it, we have the risk that it might be seized.

Mauritio

I've received a response from german customs (translated).

I wouldn't classify TTFD as medicinal product, but looking at the range how they define medicinal products (...curing or alleviating or for preventing human or animal diseases....) everything from minerals to vitamins shouldn't be allowed.

It seems when we do import it, we have the risk that it might be seized.
I have ordered allithiamine to Germany before without a problem and it did have to go through customs...

Mauritio

How much did you order? As raw chemical or as product like Thiamax?
It was just one bottle recently as a product .

Broken man

I tried allithiamine from ecological formulas and thiamax and must say that ecological formulas are much much better but I cant take it long term cuz of bad additives.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Are you having good results with the thiamax @Blossom ?
I’m on my first bottle so I’m unsure. I must admit I noticed a big difference when I first started ecological formulas allithiamine compared to changing to thiamax but that could just have been from having a greater need initially. I plan to switch back after this bottle and see if I notice any changes. I definitely have no negative reactions to it though.

Rich W

I’m on my first bottle so I’m unsure. I must admit I noticed a big difference when I first started ecological formulas allithiamine compared to changing to thiamax but that could just have been from having a greater need initially. I plan to switch back after this bottle and see if I notice any changes. I definitely have no negative reactions to it though.
Thanks @Blossom I'm going to give thiamax a shot since less additives going on. I'll let you know if I get the initial honeymoon boost

daphne134

I’m definitely interested in buying TTFD powder.

@haidut , I can assure you that, at least for dry beriberi symptoms, no other form works. The only other form of b1 that has a weak effect on me, is benfothiamine- it helps with peripheral neuropathy. Yet, my cognitive, neurological and depersonalization symptoms are untouched.
I don’t know why allithiamine works and the other forms don’t work for me, at the same dosages and for the same duration.

In 2017 I took thiamine HCL, 500 mg per day for a month. No effect whatsoever.

In November 2020 I took allithiamine, 150 mg per day for two weeks.
All my symptoms improved by 80% - POTS and dysautonomia, memory and cognitive function, derealisation/depersonalization, muscle weakness and ability to climb up the stairs, severe dryness of skin (feet), a deep wound from August 2019 that hadn’t healed completely in more than a year finally healed. My chronic intractable light intolerance and migraine for 2 bloody years, years spent in bed in total darkness, improved by 50%.
All these after just 2 weeks. Unbelievable for me at the time.

I had literally given up any hope of getting out of bed, ever.
I have a similarly positive response to Allithiamine and am trying to find a cleaner source than EF capsules.
Thiamine HCL in combination with pyrucet (which I take topically twice daily) gave me tachycardia one night. This led me to believe I wasn't absorbing thiamine into the cells and it remained high in my bloodstream. By contrast Allithiamine helps make me a functional human. I think I've had beri beri my whole life due to not processing regular thiamine.

Xisca

I also want to buy in bulk from Europe. I also had a refuse at the border, because I am an individual...

I confirm that TTFD passes the blood brain barrier and is the one to use in case of brain fog and mood issues at least.

I suggest to all read Elliot Overton, starting with this article. And yes his videos are hard to follow and technical in comparison! Just pass and wait for the rest of the video you look at...

- Thiamax 100mg was not enough for me, but with 200mg and added benfothiamine (I had it...) my energy is much better. It is individual, ramp up.
- Do not increase any B1 without taking a B-complex and Mg, and rubbing Mg sulfate on the warm skin after a shower can be the best, as you also need to increase sulfur.
- You can take MSM if you want sulfur and stand it orally.
- Also please lower your oxalate intake with food, even if you think you have no issue with it (it utilises the sulfur pathways).
- If you get headache from B1, take some potassium immidiately and it will resolve.
- Eventually think about P5P and methylcobalamine.
(read & watch Elliot about the link with other Bs)
- For the TTFD form (benfo is softer), you need good gluthatione status + good methylation!
So I suggest NAC for the 1st, and a methyl donnor for the 2nd...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals