Thiamine and Co-Factors

Wow thank you so much for sharing. I have a very high suspicion most of my problems come from a long standing thiamin deficiency. I have tried to go to 300mg of thiamin hcl per day (dividend over 3 meals). It gave me immediate energy, felt great. I can't remember why I tapered of a bit. It did not solve my digestive issue. Going back later to 300mg again gave me more dizzy spells then I normally have. I started TTFD recently. The first days I noticed improvements of some of my systems but later on I get a worsening of my symptoms. It might be the refeeding paradox dr Lonsdale speaks about. It could also be problems with handling of the sulfur. I have bought a b complex and taking some more glycine and taurine and hope I will be better equipped to handle the sulfur, otherwise might switch back to hcl form and try to build it up more gradually. Have you ever experimented with the TTFD form ? Did you take other b vitamins along with it ? Did you cut down on sugar ?
If it works then stops it’s not paradox. Paradox symptoms set in right away then fade away slowly. The stuff you’re talking about Is probably due to depletion of other nutrients. Also nowadays Lonsdale also believes ttfd is not for everybody and paradox symptoms are sometimes just simply toxicity symptoms. For handling sulfur you’ll need molybdenum and it’s a cofactor for riboflavin. After using ttfd for 4 month and experiencing crazy refeed symtoms (not sure about their nature though) it stopped working and nowadays I can’t even handle small doses of it, although it fixed lot if issues I was dealing with. Molybdenum and other B-s help to handle it to a certain extent. Be careful with ttfd.

Bart1

If it works then stops it’s not paradox. Paradox symptoms set in right away then fade away slowly. The stuff you’re talking about Is probably due to depletion of other nutrients. Also nowadays Lonsdale also believes ttfd is not for everybody and paradox symptoms are sometimes just simply toxicity symptoms. For handling sulfur you’ll need molybdenum and it’s a cofactor for riboflavin. After using ttfd for 4 month and experiencing crazy refeed symtoms (not sure about their nature though) it stopped working and nowadays I can’t even handle small doses of it, although it fixed lot if issues I was dealing with. Molybdenum and other B-s help to handle it to a certain extent. Be careful with ttfd.
Thanks, I did start with TTFD without supplementing the other b's in high quantities.... I definitely think I depleted glutathione, and other b vitamins. I'm currently taking BCAA with my meals, b complex and molybdenum and hope this will help. I agree with what your saying that a paradox would immediately give me bad symptoms, they did as well, so some things improved, but other this got worse, but I think it might have something to do with the other b vitamins I did not directly supplement as well.

Did Lonsdale give a reason why it' not for everybody ? Do you have any link or context ? It's hard to know if things are working or if it really is a paradox.

When you say you can't handle it anymore, care to share what kind of symptoms you get from it now?

mostlylurking

Did Lonsdale give a reason why it' not for everybody ? Do you have any link or context ? It's hard to know if things are working or if it really is a paradox.
The video I posted earlier in this thread was done by Elliot Overton, a follower of Lonsdale. I think it will help clear up confusion about "paradox" and why some people cannot tolerate TTFD. In that video Elliot says that thiamine hcl can improve the situation (intolerance to TTFD). I think it has to do with your glutathione status but I may not be remembering correctly. I got such good results with high dose thiamine hcl that I have not felt the need to try TTFD a second time.

Dr. Lonsdale has articles posted here: You searched for lonsdale - Hormones Matter

Last edited:

Bart1

The video I posted earlier in this thread was done by Elliot Overton, a follower of Lonsdale. I think it will help clear up confusion about "paradox" and why some people cannot tolerate TTFD. In that video Elliot says that thiamine hcl can improve the situation (intolerance to TTFD). I think it has to do with your glutathione status but I may not be remembering correctly. I got such good results with high dose thiamine hcl that I have not felt the need to try TTFD a second time.

Dr. Lonsdale has articles posted here: You searched for lonsdale - Hormones Matter
thanks!

Tim Lundeen

Does anyone know what the half life of thiamine is?
After oral administration, the peak thiamin [TPP] concentration in plasma was reached after 53 min and the concentration then had increased to 179% of its initial value. The elimination half-life was 154 min — Kinetics of thiamin and thiamin phosphate esters in human blood, plasma and urine after 50 mg intravenously or orally - PubMed

Allithiamin (TTFD) has a half-life of 4 hours Microcapsules and Nanoparticles in Medicine and Pharmacy

I don't know offhand for ThiaminHCl, which is the typical supplement form.

Andy316

After oral administration, the peak thiamin [TPP] concentration in plasma was reached after 53 min and the concentration then had increased to 179% of its initial value. The elimination half-life was 154 min — Kinetics of thiamin and thiamin phosphate esters in human blood, plasma and urine after 50 mg intravenously or orally - PubMed

Allithiamin (TTFD) has a half-life of 4 hours Microcapsules and Nanoparticles in Medicine and Pharmacy

I don't know offhand for ThiaminHCl, which is the typical supplement form.

Thank you.

Peater

Not much, 20mg pyridoxine hydrochloride per day for around a month. My blood level was 291 nmol/L (range: 20 - 121) and is down to 145 nmol/L after 1 year. It was going down much faster after supplementing with all b vitamins beside b6.
View attachment 20929

My next blood draw is next week and i hope i'm in the normal range again.

Thank you very much for sharing this chart. I think I too have high B6.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals