Thiamine: One Of The Main Limiting Factors For Proper Carbohydrate Metabolism

Discussion in 'B1' started by Amazoniac, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Cirion

Cirion Member

Could this be why OJ is so addicting for me? Rich in sugar and thiamine also. I often find myself drinking straight from the OJ jug when I need a quick boost.

I also find that cheese & jello made with OJ, gelatin, honey to be almost rocket fuel. I'll wake up at midnight and have that for a snack and go from being groggy to so energetic that sometimes it can be hard to go back to bed lol. Didn't RP say one should consider a quart of OJ a day for general stress resistance? :rightagain2

2. Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    Can someone please explain why Thiamine HCL in doses of up to 100mg feel VERY different to a simple B-Complex with the same amount? Subjectively, Thiamine on its own is insanely good for mental clarity and energy!

3. skominac

skominac Member

Isolated from other Bs, it's potassium opposing effect will be highlighted. Thiamine taken alone for several weeks, without counterbalancing with enough K, can lead to hypokalemia.
    It's great for the brain, especially when properly balanced.

4. RayPeatFan777

RayPeatFan777 Member

5. tca300

tca300 Member

Look it up. I have no horses in this race as I dont eat fruit, but milk and oranges are a much better source of b1 than liver and or eggs.

6. RayPeatFan777

RayPeatFan777 Member

Yeah I did look it up on cronometer at the time, just thought it was weird how Peat said the same. Only thing I can think is, Peat is wrong or its more bio available in those foods, a bit like the folate in milk.

7. Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath

Interesting. Perhaps this is why I have been getting facial twitches so much. Where can I find this antagonistic relationship in the literature?