Has anyone managed to increase their hair density/thickness significantly?

MarcelZD

What dossge of thiamine there was on the vitamin b supplement? How long did you take It?
I took thiamine separately, 200-1000mg depending on how I felt. Still taking about 1 pill (200mg) daily as it is the only thing that helps my gastrointestinal issues.

Last edited:

MarcelZD

Intersting, I am having some stomach issues which I also think may be caused by extreme high stress. How long were you using this supplement? Would you say the B-vitamins really helped with combating stress/anxiety/depression? I am a super anxious and very sensitive person, and it affects my physical health alot, especially thinning my hair.

When my gastrointestinal and stress problems were at their worst my hair looked so thin and dry it was scary.

I think my B-vitamins became depleted or my requirements went up, because my gastrointestinal issues resolved pretty quickly after I started taking them regularly. My stress tolerance started getting better after this but it isn't bulletproof by any means. Exercise and overworking will still give me issues, so I have to be careful.

HannahB

You really hit the nail on the head here. Gut problems/anxiety.. its killing my life. And the sleep issues have been horrible during this time of high stress. Going through a break-up is making me wake up super early in a state of panic/dread/anxiety/depression. Feels like my stress hormones are out of whack and wakes my body up super early in this horrible state. Any idea how I can solve that?
I experienced a lot of anxiety, adrenaline issues, especially at night. I think potassium helped. I took adrenal cocktail from jigsaw health. Still do. There are so many things that contribute to healing anxiety. Reducing stress is huge but I know it's difficult to do. Simple things like drinking juice in the morning before coffee and eating enough calories, especially carbs. If you have no appetite, strive for things that are high calorie. Milkshakes with fruit. Whatever sounds good. 😊 I know it's a tough time. Hang in there!

helpmyhair

When my gastrointestinal and stress problems were at their worst my hair looked so thin and dry it was scary.

I think my B-vitamins became depleted or my requirements went up, because my gastrointestinal issues resolved pretty quickly after I started taking them regularly. My stress tolerance started getting better after this but it isn't bulletproof by any means. Exercise and overworking will still give me issues, so I have to be careful.
So the B-vitamins solved your gastrointestinal and stress issues and ultimately made your hair thick again?

If thats the case, I think I will give the B vitamins a go. The B Complex supplement I have my eye on has 100mg of Thiamine in it so hope that will be enough.

helpmyhair

Like I said, I was desperate. I did not succumb to the victim mentality though so I used the system to get what I needed at the time. I should have got an Oscar for the theatrics I pulled in order to get that Mirtazapine. That Mirtazapine knocked me out and I really really really needed to sleep. I stopped using it when I felt I had got out of that initial misery. Sleeping and getting rest is so underrated and overlooked. Just that alone can help resolve many issues.
I don't like the idea of 'antidepressant' either but I was emaciated and fried like an underweight chicken. It was doom and gloom.
I don't know that person as of right now, because it wasn't me. It was the sick me. My body communicating to me that it was time for change. I listened and now I'm well on the path to the best version I have ever been.
Sometimes we have to get out of our own way and use tools as a means to get better rather than fall victim to that mindset.
No one is judging here and if they were I simply dgaf. That's health :)

I think I will get something prescribed for sleep for me. Unfortunately, my GP will only give me 7 days worth but at least its a start. And just so ya know, definitely wasn't judging. I'm hoping sleep, good food, and b vitamins helps me, along with mindset, if I can actually control the mind

MarcelZD

So the B-vitamins solved your gastrointestinal and stress issues and ultimately made your hair thick again?

If thats the case, I think I will give the B vitamins a go. The B Complex supplement I have my eye on has 100mg of Thiamine in it so hope that will be enough.

It's hard to say what ultimately caused my hair to thin, but I think that my gut issues were my worst problem and that these caused everything else to go bad. B-vitamins and especially thiamine definitely resolved that for me.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think potassium helped.
Potassium can be amazing for sleep and getting to sleep. What kind are you taking, gluconate, chloride?

OP
V

Vins7

I used a cheap b-complex that has around 300% of every B-vitamin, around 10mg biotin and in addition thiamine in varying but high doses. I think the latter in particular fixed some lifelong gastrointestinal issues I've had — it was quite amazing, as though it caused a hard reset of my bowel function. I would have never believed that this could be fixed with a humble B1 supplement.
Are you taking this b-complex/thiamine constantly? Or although you don't take It your digestive issues dont come back?

Vileplume

Were you exercising when your gastrointestinal problems were at their worst?

SonOfEurope

After using progesterone for 2 years and came off. Hair is excepcional at 31 years old.

Spending April-Sept under the sun would help progesterone production.

Mito

After using progesterone for 2 years and came off. Hair is excepcional at 31 years old.

Spending April-Sept under the sun would help progesterone production.
Do you use any progesterone anymore?

OP
V

Vins7

Swedish, age 28, female, diffuse thinning;
daily sunbathing, never burning.
6-10oz of red meat daily, as much dairy as she wants
zero legumes, zero wheat, zero greens
dessicated thyroid glandular, healthfood store style OTC
Subtantial increase in hair fullness after 3 months.
This was a friend who had asked for my help after observing my thick hair and strong nails.
Don't you get constipated eating this amount of red meat plus dairy and going low fiber?

OP
V

Vins7

And what do you think that is the root cause of your digestive issues and your intolerance to exercise and stress?

SonOfEurope

Do you use any progesterone anymore?

Only very rarely...

For muscle anabolism I stick to minimal fat and proper circadian rythm... though I admit progesterone is anabolic as hell... almost like testosterone.

yerrag

The other day I had a haircut. It has been at least 6 weeks since my last, and the barber happened to be the same one last time. His name is Buboy.

I already felt my hair being thicker, and without me asking he told me my hair had gotten a lot thicker. And he referred to the pate common among monks, and told me he could barely see the pate anymore. If you watch NBA and you know of Many Ginobili, you know what I am talking about.

I suspected my hair lacking the vitality and lush growth had to do with my high blood pressure. I still think it does, but not in the way I initially I suspected: High BP caused by plaques that restrict blood flow and perfusion of my hair follicles through capillaries.

As my blood pressure has not cone down, but my hair managed to make a comeback.

I had long ago began taking more collagen, eating about 2 kilograms of been tendon per month, which I estimate to be 500g of dried collagen per month. No effect.

About 3 months ago, I added a teaspoon of MSM twice a day, and slowly my hair is coming back.

Other than eating a Peat-based diet, ensuring no deficiency, I supplement with b1, b2, b3, and borax.

As I have high BP, I also realize the high BP is caused by low blood volume. Which in turn is caused by low blood albumin. As I have both periodontal bacterial infection and lead toxicity internally, the way my body deals causes albumin to be excreted thru urine.

Since sulfur and collagen, and other amino acids, are used to make albumin by the liver, I though it might help boost my liver's albumin production. And increasing collagen and sulfur intake would do that.

So, now, it seems that despite losing albumin thru urine, which requires more use of collagen and sulfur for my liver to replenish, I still have some reserves of sulfur and collagen left over to grow hair.

yerrag

I think it also helped that I've been focused also on trying to lower my blood pressure by lysing plaque, improving the glycocalyx layer in the capillaries, and at the same time dealing with the fallout from microbes and toxins released as the lysing proceeds.

Mossy

I added a teaspoon of MSM twice a day, and slowly my hair is coming back.
You're fortunate you don't get side effects from MSM. I've heard good things about it for hair as well. It gives me headaches and insomnia.

yerrag

You're fortunate you don't get side effects from MSM. I've heard good things about it for hair as well. It gives me headaches and insomnia.
I got a product that was made from the wood pulp of pine trees, as all the rest were made from dmso derived from crude oil.

Check this out! https://a.co/gQHw9g1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals