Can You Even Stop Hair Loss And Cause Hair Regrowth?

equipoise

I think hair regrowth past NW2 is like building new bones after age 25. Just not gonna happen, in 99% of the cases. I don't see how

OccamzRazer

yep.a lot of claims. But that’s it.
What if regrowing hair is very rare, requiring some combination of regenerated hormones and lowered fibrosis etc...but still possible?

The implication being that some people should go the route of Danny Roddy, while others should layer that with a more 'mainstream' approach.

I don't see why believing in such a concept has to be such an either/or thing.

Motif

What if regrowing hair is very rare, requiring some combination of regenerated hormones and lowered fibrosis etc...but still possible?

The implication being that some people should go the route of Danny Roddy, while others should layer that with a more 'mainstream' approach.

I don't see why believing in such a concept has to be such an either/or thing.
Absolutely no proof that anybody ever grew back hair who followed Danny roddy‘s advice.

Motif

Yes you can, hang in there. Ive lost and regrown hair more than once and Im currently doing it again another way. When I have some better 'after' pictures I will post them and let you know what I'm doing. Hang in there with the DR stuff, I'm a big fan of his.
Over one year later. Any proof now that you have regrown hair ?

equipoise

Absolutely no proof that anybody ever grew back hair who followed Danny roddy‘s advice.
I still think Danny's ideas are great right, they MIGHT help you, they definitely have way more chance of helping you regrow than anything mainstream medicine throws (garbage) BUT. Maybe select few who do everything right will do good. I'll see if I respond good to thyroid, I'm still waiting for my Cynomel/Cynoplus packet to arrive. Thyroid + high carb + aspirin once a week + niacinamide 3x100 daily + loads of coffee + great gut health = POSSIBLE hair regrow. I'm not tilted or anything cause if it just continues to progress (it sloooowly ever so slightly does) I'll just shave it. Fortunately I've had buzz cuts half of my life and they suit me great!

koreus

No one posts pics of their regrowth on this forum because most people leave when they get healthy.

Jem Oz

I think you're taking too much Vit D. It's interfering with things like Vitamin A levels, magnesium and calcium - so much synthetic vit D is causing too much calcium to be taken up into the tissues, causing calcification and inflammation. This alone might be the cause of your hairloss.

AndrogenicJB

Read @rawmeat and @lampofred success stories in the meantime.

I also have seen some strong recession in the last months. I think it's the bloating and endotoxins doing damage for me. And a slight hypothyroid state.
I really need to increase my calories, as I've added Kuinone and Pansterone.

What's weird is that I don't see hairs falling in the shower almost at all. Yet the temples are taking a hit.
Aspirin protects me from shedding for sure.
Hey, I have just bought kuinone recently, is it supposed to mildly sting when taken orally

Motif

No one posts pics of their regrowth on this forum because most people leave when they get healthy.

never. There would be a slow regrowth process and they would tell about it and then leave. But the guys who claim to have regrowth are still here, don’t show proof and still ask questions about hair loss

rr1

never. There would be a slow regrowth process and they would tell about it and then leave. But the guys who claim to have regrowth are still here, don’t show proof and still ask questions about hair loss
I've seen this happen to many people on this forum. There are also a lot that had regrowth and stayed. It's really not hard to find many cases of this when browsing through old threads.

The common theme with most of these people is that their regrowth/hairline improvement wasn't their main goal -- but rather a benefit of the overall goal of increasing metabolic rate/overall health. That is probably the reason that most don't have before/after photos too. And it coincides with everything Ray says about hair loss being related to general decline of metabolic health and increased stress. It's not a factor of asking how one can fix their hair loss. The focus has to be on overall health and metabolic rate.

Regarding people still asking questions about hair loss after regrowth, of course they are! That's the reason that most of us are here, to learn and expand our knowledge. Ray Peat is 85 years old and still researching daily.

Motif

I've seen this happen to many people on this forum. There are also a lot that had regrowth and stayed. It's really not hard to find many cases of this when browsing through old threads.

then show me one or two with proven regrowth.

man I’m in this hair regrowth thing too long.
people always scream regrowth when they see some tiny blond single hair somewhere, not realizing that this is average hair cycles and people with hair loss grow new hair too, even when they are going bald.

been there done that. I know how easy it is to play yourself with this.

saw 1000 people claiming regrowth and when you look for newer posts in the forum you realize their hair ****88 up more over the years.

Best example one of my first posts in this forum. I thought I stopped my hair loss and needed to tell in a forum how it’s done. Stupid me man. Years later I know all I did was maybe slowing it down.

DiabloQueso

About the only major regrowth I've ever seen is from dermarolling with minoxodill(this has a lot of nasty skin aging side effects). And also hormone transitions with Spiro. That's pretty much it. Even dutasteride rarely regrows much hair, and using it for a few years seems to lead to some strange cognitive issues.

I've never seen a treatment effectively address this and I doubt it's even possible. If it is, it would be through the PGD/PGE route. But no one has figured out the right balance (and it may not work for almost anyone).

Stopping (or drastically slowing) hair loss is very possible. But regrowth is close to impossible right now.

Last edited:

Jem Oz

When you're balding, you become extremely obsessed about it. If you stop balding and/or regrow, you drop the obsession, and the thought of going back online and posting genuine before/after pics and giving frequent updates about your success just seems an absurd waste of time. Ditto taking detailed pics of your regrowth. It's simple human nature.

Just because there are very few genuine before/after pics, doesn't mean there hasn't been a lot of success at stopping/slowing/regrowing.

Motif

When you're balding, you become extremely obsessed about it. If you stop balding and/or regrow, you drop the obsession, and the thought of going back online and posting genuine before/after pics and giving frequent updates about your success just seems an absurd waste of time. Ditto taking detailed pics of your regrowth. It's simple human nature.

Just because there are very few genuine before/after pics, doesn't mean there hasn't been a lot of success at stopping/slowing/regrowing.

oh pls man. People would tell that something is working when they really see obvious regrowth.
Just check people in here - many claim they are in the beginning of serious regrowth, never show a picture of it- even when you ask after years, they are still in the forum after years and many of them don’t even answer when you ask them how their hair loss / regrowth continued and it should be obvious to everybody that it was only wishful thinking of them.

like I said I’m following hair loss and health forum with the regrowth topic for many years. It’s always the same.

OccamzRazer

oh pls man. People would tell that something is working when they really see obvious regrowth.
Just check people in here - many claim they are in the beginning of serious regrowth, never show a picture of it- even when you ask after years, they are still in the forum after years and many of them don’t even answer when you ask them how their hair loss / regrowth continued and it should be obvious to everybody that it was only wishful thinking of them.

like I said I’m following hair loss and health forum with the regrowth topic for many years. It’s always the same.
Have you seen Rob English's stuff? He has the most convincing before/afters I've seen.

Vins7

Have you seen Rob English's stuff? He has the most convincing before/afters I've seen.
Yes, and his method is based on massages and diet. He says massages are must-haves and the key for improving hair and offers studies to back it up.

OccamzRazer

Yes, and his method is based on massages and diet. He says massages are must-haves and the key for improving hair and offers studies to back it up.
Yep, enough to convince me that regrowth is possible at least. With enough persistence and patience to do all those massages.

Motif

Been in a discord group of guys that were massaging over years and talked just like you.
Now even the guys that were so convinced are out and on minox , fin and whatever.

even guys who are on those before and after pictures!!! It’s ridiculous.

lightning , ankle, wash days / oily hair days make a huge difference and trick many people.

and the pictures that really show regrowth don’t even look look like mpb and probably their hair would have grown back anyway.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals