What Works For Hair Thickening/regrowth?

CoolTweetPete

I have not rubbed either on the scalp directly. Kuinone stains orange for quite a while, and I use oral magnesium (Natural Calm). I feel like I have noticed a difference in the amount of pops I hear when I massage my scalp.

Does anyone else sense popping sounds when pressing on their scalp tissue? I have this all over my head, neck, and shoulders. I assumed they were muscle adhesions, but recently saw reason to believe this could lead to tissue hypoxia and ultimately calcification.

m_arch

What about this for an idea;

Aspirin, caffeine, taurine and niacinamide powders mixed into vitamin E oil and applied to the scalp to sit overnight?
This could follow a scalp massage or LLLT session.

m_arch

I have not rubbed either on the scalp directly. Kuinone stains orange for quite a while, and I use oral magnesium (Natural Calm). I feel like I have noticed a difference in the amount of pops I hear when I massage my scalp.

Does anyone else sense popping sounds when pressing on their scalp tissue? I have this all over my head, neck, and shoulders. I assumed they were muscle adhesions, but recently saw reason to believe this could lead to tissue hypoxia and ultimately calcification.
I'm not sure what you mean by popping? I hear some noises but I think its the folicle being pressed down. I hear the same kind of noise if i press my forearm hair down

milk_lover

From personal experience, DHEA makes my hair quality better than pregnenolone. Pregnenolone in small quantities is no problem though. BCAA is very good for hair again from personal experience. Make sure to take it with a protein rich meal so as not to decrease dopamine.

paymanz

i wasnt aware of protein intake effects dopamine system.dhea,prenenolone and bcaa you mentioned, which one do you mean should be taken with a protein rich to avoid dopamine decrease effect?

milk_lover

i wasnt aware of protein intake effects dopamine system.dhea,prenenolone and bcaa you mentioned, which one do you mean should be taken with a protein rich to avoid dopamine decrease effect?
The BCAA. It decreases tryptophan (thus serotonin) and tyrosine, which is responsible for dopamine synthesis.

CoolTweetPete

The BCAA. It decreases tryptophan (thus serotonin) and tyrosine, which is responsible for dopamine synthesis.

Supplemental tyrosine can be taken with BCAA for this reason. I have had success with this in the last couple of weeks. I only do it on sunny days though because there is evidence that the conversion to dopamine requires light entering the eye.

Light stimulates tyrosine hydroxylase activity and dopamine synthesis in retinal amacrine neurons. - PubMed - NCBI

CoolTweetPete

I'm not sure what you mean by popping? I hear some noises but I think its the folicle being pressed down. I hear the same kind of noise if i press my forearm hair down

It's odd. It's definitely the tissue, not the hair because it only occurs when I apply pressure and try to move the tissue around.

I see other people reporting this phenomenon online. I think it might have to do with excessive muscle tension in my head, neck, and shoulders. I used to have very bad head posture, which resulted in painful TMJ.

milk_lover

Supplemental tyrosine can be taken with BCAA for this reason. I have had success with this in the last couple of weeks. I only do it on sunny days though because there is evidence that the conversion to dopamine requires light entering the eye.

Light stimulates tyrosine hydroxylase activity and dopamine synthesis in retinal amacrine neurons. - PubMed - NCBI
Could red light work too?

Can you describe your success? What are the doses of BCAA and tyrosine you're taking?

Brand names if you don't mind?

CoolTweetPete

I've had trouble figuring out what spectrum would be most beneficial to catecholamine synthesis, so I've just been ensuring I get 10-20 minutes of sunlight (includes all spectrums) soon after taking tyrosine.

My improvements in mood have been stark when using this combo. I suspect it involves an increase in dopamine synthesis coupled with the serotonin lowering effect of the BCAA.

I use powder BCAA and Tyrosine from Powder City. It's crazy cheap, and I don't find it allergenic.

milk_lover

I've had trouble figuring out what spectrum would be most beneficial to catecholamine synthesis, so I've just been ensuring I get 10-20 minutes of sunlight (includes all spectrums) soon after taking tyrosine.

My improvements in mood have been stark when using this combo. I suspect it involves an increase in dopamine synthesis coupled with the serotonin lowering effect of the BCAA.

I use powder BCAA and Tyrosine from Powder City. It's crazy cheap, and I don't find it allergenic.
Thanks for the reply CoolTweetPete! I am glad you find this combo working for you perfectly :)

lvysaur

Roddy has said that low thyroid function causes a "deranged calcium metabolism"

When my hair falls, I simultaneously get bony lumps on my chin and on the back of my head.

K almost single handedly cured my hair loss.

CoolTweetPete

When my hair falls, I simultaneously get bony lumps on my chin and on the back of my head.

K almost single handedly cured my hair loss.

Very interesting. I have noticed improvements in my hair since I began taking Haidut's K2 supplement. Could be related to any one of the mechanisms of action of K2.

Curious, what product are you taking, and at what dosage?

lvysaur

Very interesting. I have noticed improvements in my hair since I began taking Haidut's K2 supplement. Could be related to any one of the mechanisms of action of K2.

Curious, what product are you taking, and at what dosage?

I noticed the effects with both life extension and thorne's, my dosage is one pill/drop every few days

CoolTweetPete

Interesting. I may switch to the Thorne after I'm done with my Kuinone. It's a bit cheaper overall.

Thanks.

OP
ekool445

ekool445

How do you guys like EstroBan? I am thinking about getting that for topical application and doing the Thorne K2 orally and topically as well.

TubZy

How do you guys like EstroBan? I am thinking about getting that for topical application and doing the Thorne K2 orally and topically as well.

I had the same question. I'm not sure if anyone has actually tried estroban topically yet strictly on the scalp for a period of time. If someone did please let us know your response.

Watson350

If you use a derma roller everyday wouldn't that eventually be counter productive and cause scar tissue formation of the scalp leading to permanent decreased blood flow. What is the optimum?

ddjd

I think methylene blue works synergistically with red light. Haidut's observation that both of them work by removing cytochrome c oxidase from nitric oxide, thereby allowing it's excretion in the urine, tells us that there's a possibility hair loss has to do with ineffective energy production due to excessive levels of NO in the tissue.

I saw someone recommend minoxidil above, which works by increasing NO (vasodilation), but if we believe excessive NO is at play here, this would be degenerative in the long term. Could be why people lose more hair after stopping minoxidil.
i totally agree with this. I think high NO and low co2 is the cause of hair thinning and mpb. Do you know, which spectrum of red light is best for NO removal from cytochrome c oxidase. I think some of the infrared spectrums are possibly very effective

Motif

What would be a good test to find out if No is my problem?

Cause when something helps me I feel it immediately cause the itching disappears