Hair Loss Speed Up After Started "Peating"

Kelj

This makes sense in theory but it doesn't explain why starving homeless people in general seem to be more likely to have a full head of hair than well-fed people. I think hair might be more about avoiding metabolic toxins (such as PUFA) and maintaining a fast metabolism (via fructose, sunlight, avoiding excess fat, meat, and starch) than about eating enough calories and sleeping enough, except in severe anorexia and extreme cases of female hair loss. I don't think ordinary male hair loss is a sign of undereating or undersleeping, and believing that things will get worse might get better might just make him lose even more hair.
Do the homeless avoid PUFA? Maybe they do get sun?

lampofred

Do the homeless avoid PUFA? Maybe they do get sun?

Obviously they wouldn't be trying to avoid PUFA but I would think they get much lower PUFA than the average person, as a result of eating much less and not being to afford fancy fatty dishes.

OP
B

Bushido1

How is the rest of your health?

My mood is worse than it was 6 months ago (befores started peating), my energy is low most of the day and I have problems sleeping (I will wake up in the middle of the night when I used to sleep straight 8 hours before). Add to that the fact that I am losing more hair than I was before.

Not sure why this Peat diet is not working for me when many others seem to be having great results with it.

RWilly

I have a gut feeling it has to do with iron, copper and zinc balance.

jzeno

@lampofred

It's crazy, the number of destitute people who have full heads of healthy looking hair. It's really bizarre.

I personally think the stress hormone theory makes more sense in this case. Most men within society are under a lot of emotional, mental stress. The vagabonds can live a relatively carefree lifestyle but it lacks in other ways which in most cases doesn't seem to affect balding at all. Very strange.

Super bizarre if you ask me.

GreekDemiGod

Below is my ongoing experience, if anyone could comment.
I have been dealing with slow thinning and recession over the past 2 years.

I entered into peating after the Carnivore Diet, was supplementing high dose D3 (5000 IU) and Low-dose K2 pills (100mcg). Low carb always made my hair thinner.
Immediately upon reintroducing carbs, I sensed an increase in thickness.

First 3 months into peating, my hair quality improved, there was absolutely no shedding, and I even saw regrowth around the temples.I attribute this to religiously supplementing Aspirin 500mg and Taurine 1 - 2g.
I stopped supplementing them. I also consumed some wheat on and off. Itching and dandruff re-appeared. My temples started receding further. I'm now a NW2.
Any idea on the cause of this?

• High potency B complex
  • Not enough calories
  • Too much caffeine and energy drinks
  • Wheat

Below is my ongoing experience, if anyone could comment.
I have been dealing with slow thinning and recession over the past 2 years.

I entered into peating after the Carnivore Diet, was supplementing high dose D3 (5000 IU) and Low-dose K2 pills (100mcg). Low carb always made my hair thinner.
Immediately upon reintroducing carbs, I sensed an increase in thickness.

First 3 months into peating, my hair quality improved, there was absolutely no shedding, and I even saw regrowth around the temples.I attribute this to religiously supplementing Aspirin 500mg and Taurine 1 - 2g.
I stopped supplementing them. I also consumed some wheat on and off. Itching and dandruff re-appeared. My temples started receding further. I'm now a NW2.
Any idea on the cause of this?

• High potency B complex
  • Not enough calories
  • Too much caffeine and energy drinks
  • Wheat
Why do you think the taurine helped? And I’d you balance caffiene with sugars shouldn’t it help theoretically?

abady

only 200 gram of carbs per day! your body won't spare any energy for hair growth, you eating so much protein(160 grams WTH!? WHY?) its not necessary, try to reduce fat and protein and eat 400 gram of carbs. its not about specific supplements or micronutrients or whatever you just not eating enough energy(carbs) and your hair needs the energy to grow!.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals