Niostem wearable (helmet): "bioelectrical stimulation" for hair regrowth

Mossy

Niostem is a wearable (helmet) that uses "bioelectrical stimulation" to stop hair loss and regrow hair. As someone who has been researching men's hair loss for quite some time, the maker of this device makes some significant claims. I'd say the boldest yet.

In the best case scenario, for those who are a Norwood 6 or less, they claim 100% stoppage of hair loss (in their study), and theoretically, a potential of 100% recovery of lost hair; which would seem to take several years. Here is a quote from the makers on their Indiegogo page:

Our tests have been run for 6 months. In the people that tested the device we quantified an almost linear increase in hair density (by 3 months an average hair density increase of 12% and by 6 months 19,3%). Based on these observations we predict that the results should increase over extended periods of time. However, it’s important to note that you would recover, over time, most of the hair that you have lost but you would not grow “extra hair”, in other words, if you had 100 hairs before your hair loss started and now you have 60 hairs, you could probably recover up to 90-100 (then it plateaus) but you would never get 110 or more. The degree of recovery would depend on many factors like age, hair loss stage, when our hair loss started, etc.
Best,
Team niostem

We conducted a pilot study to quantify niostem’s efficacy and safety. The study lasted for 6 months and included 22 male participants(Norwood Scale 2-6, aged 20-50).​

The Results

ge5fynthkhooqahlr2vy.jpg

Hair Density increased by 42 hairs/cm²

Hair density and thickness were quantified independently using image analyses of trichoscopy pictures of the scalp (blinded analysis by Surrey Trichology Clinic, UK).​

ya67pckrcw7031yll2do.png

*clinical trial data for competitor products: Berger et al. 2003; Neste et al. 2000.

David PS

I too am skeptical. I don't understand how they can legally make such claims. Maybe it is too much of a sham for me to have even posted it.
It is good to post things like this. It makes people less susceptible to scams.

As always, caveat emptor (buyer beware).

OP
Mossy

Mossy

ALS

I recall when retin A was seen to be able to stop hair from greying around the temples. People would put it on their face and notice this. An 'expert' MD came on and stated that the irritation of the scalp was key. I've also seen hair get more lush with scalp massage. It's been noted that alcoholic males often have good hair - something about the circulation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals