Can You Even Stop Hair Loss And Cause Hair Regrowth?

Jack Earth

Even if that's the case, one should continue using that topical to maintain the regrowth, right?

Yes only use it topically if your going for hair regrowth. thats what ray said in kmud. Personally i take some dhea orally as well because it feels awesome once in a while. But stick with topical on scalp for hair loss.

brix

I saw regrowth on my temples a year ago from mineral balancing. It literally started where my hairline was. Didn’t fill in but literally started in inch down from my hair line.

Progesterone

@Progesterone you're welcome. I take a large dose, 500mg on days when I don't have my period. According to scientific reviews, less than 100mg if I remember, is safe.
I also think that it might help if I happen to be sensitive to DHT or have too high androgens in relation to other hormones. I still tend to believe the DHT and hair loss theory because I came across too many people who responded well to lowering DHT and thus improving hair quality.
Also, non westernised Native Americans don't have male pattern baldness and it's well known that they use Saw Palmetto which happens to be a 5ar inhibitor.
Plus..GLA specially which the Ray Peat world happens to avoid ( think of borage seed oil) is a 5ar inhibitor.
It's great that you found a product you like, I like Swanson as well but had elevated B12 for years so I don't supplement it.

Just started PM. 100mg.

Progesterone

Aspirin caused an accelerated hair loss for me! Same goes for added sugars (not from fruits). I had thick and long hair prior to implementing the Ray Peat lifestyle but doing it for 6 years made my hair very thin and brittle..until I excluded all starches, grains and added sugars. On the only meat, seafood, eggs, dairy, fruits, honey, NO coffee and some leaves and vegs diet my hair shedding completely stopped..after many years of experimenting. Avoiding PUFAs and not having small amounts of prepared nuts or seeds made my hair terrible! Same goes for the avoidance of omega 3s. My hair looks healthier and considerably thickened up since the dietary change. I also stopped the Cynoplus and T3. For supplements, I use silica (a no no in the Ray Peat world) from bamboos, Saw Palmetto, burdock root tincture, red clover, green and other herbal teas. I also sometimes take a little B3, P5P and in the past, Biotin but according to my research, we have enough in our diet. Estrogen from Pueraria mirifica is very beneficial for me (I'm a woman). I used to take Progest-E for 6 years which wasn't good for me (finally I no longer have heavy periods since taking pueraria mirifica instead - the dreaded oestrogen.)

which bamboo supplement do you use?

I used swanson's for a week, my nails got SUPER hard... but I read bamboo lowers thyroid so i stopped?

Vins7

I saw regrowth on my temples a year ago from mineral balancing. It literally started where my hairline was. Didn’t fill in but literally started in inch down from my hair line.
I'm really interested.
Please, could you explain more?

brix

I'm really interested.
Please, could you explain more?

Look up HTMA. It basically assigns you an oxidation type and provides supplements and a diet plan to balance out your individual body chemistry.

mrchibbs

It's easy to think a lot of health conditions are inevitable when you're surrounded by people suffering from them. Some people even fall into the trap of thinking they can't lose weight because they see so many people struggling to do so. Peat has always been about dispelling that notion. There are myriad possibilities. I regrew my hair from NW2 to NW0.5. I also got rid of my gynecomastia (caused by 3 weeks of finasteride) without surgery, and my seven bulging discs no longer show up on MRI. Most people believe none of that's possible, and most people fail on many levels in life. I solved my own puzzles and I hope everyone here can do the same. If you want a one size fits all, no brainer approach, go ahead and take fin and minox and suffer the consequences.

Great comment. People who want to fix their health issues (including hair loss which is not a mere cosmetic problem, don't listen to people who tell you it's not important) need to stay away from forums and stop comparing themselves to others and focus on their own situation, step by step. That's how you beat learned helplessness.

brix

Edit: checked your last posts and you said no regrowth. Damn.

Yeah the hairs that started to fill in disappeared when I stopped the mineral balancing unfortunately.

To be honest, my hair loss has mostly stopped as of late. Will keep an eye on any regrowth but I am not really aiming for that.

Last edited:

OccamzRazer

I think the basics are sometimes overlooked...I'm 26 and also began noticing some recession around the age of 21.

LOTS of calories (saturated fats, carbs) and LOTS of sunlight (especially morning sun) have completely stabilized things. I now eat ~4,400 calories a day and stay as tan as possible lol.

And though I haven't noticed any regrowth yet, there was one forum thread where a member had pretty convincing before/after pictures.

mrchibbs

I think the basics are sometimes overlooked...I'm 26 and also began noticing some recession around the age of 21.

LOTS of calories (saturated fats, carbs) and LOTS of sunlight (especially morning sun) have completely stabilized things. I now eat ~4,400 calories a day and stay as tan as possible lol.

And though I haven't noticed any regrowth yet, there was one forum thread where a member had pretty convincing before/after pictures.

You are right they're overlooked, but not because we haven't mentioned it before. Very hard to lose hair with sunshine exposure, good food and good sleep.

Motif

You are right they're overlooked, but not because we haven't mentioned it before. Very hard to lose hair with sunshine exposure, good food and good sleep.
So what would be a good list for foods that won’t make you lose hair ?

Even ray peat , Morley Robbins have receded hairlines and thinner hair.

i really never ever saw proof for somebody who achieved real hair regrowth without fin or minox.

OccamzRazer

So what would be a good list for foods that won’t make you lose hair ?
Glycine-rich stuff: bone broth, oxtail, gelatin, etc.

I believe there was an Italian doctor who effectively treated hairloss with gelatin, but can't find the link right now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals