Only 22 - Hair Loss Panic

Tarmander

Dhair said:
I'm 22.
No girl my age or younger would date a bald kid.

Well your wrong, hate to say it. It's all about presence man. If your really desperate use progesterone in large doses. It'll turn you a bit girly but it'll grow your hair back. I'd consider that before you get on the pharma wheel of doom

DKayJoe

Dhair said:
I'm 22.

Really not true mate, your statement would be more accurate if written as 'no girl my age or younger would date a bald kid that thought his baldness made him less of a person', it's all about confidence mate.

DKayJoe

Also, if you use big doses of caffiene make sure your liver function is ok, it'll burn through your glycogen stores and start to run off your adrenals which will not help what-so-ever so be careful, you're young so probably wont be a problem, I only mention as you talked about alcohol abuse.

Sheik

For what it's worth, I took a single .5mg dose of finasteride and my balls hurt for a year afterward. And it was probably six months before I could cum without sharp pain in my balls. The doctor I went to had the nerve to tell me it wasn't the finasteride, and then he told me he was on the board that approved Propecia. Of course, you may not have the same reactions to the drug.

It's been speculated that those who are in bad health to begin with are more likely to have bad side effects from propecia. It seems plausible to me but I don't really know.

I'm curious, do you experience scalp pain or numbness?

OP
D

Dhair

I don't experience scalp pain or numbness.

My do experience extreme hypertension and panic attacks and I've been very emotional lately. I have alwaus been neurotic but I really feel like the world is closing in on me.

jyb

Sheik said:
For what it's worth, I took a single .5mg dose of finasteride and my balls hurt for a year afterward. And it was probably six months before I could cum without sharp pain in my balls.

Holy F :eek:

jyb

Dhair said:
That's refreshing to hear.
Unfortunately mine is shedding so rapidly at this point that I believe I will be completely bald by the end of the year, no matter what I do.
I'm not being a defeatist buy i run my hand over my head and several hairs come out at a time. It's really scary.
I'm well away of finasteride,'s sexual side effects but I'd rather be dead than bald. I may just go to a dermatologist and throw caustion to the wind.

Rapid shedding could also mean rapid regrowth - it seems to work in both ways from the hair anecdotes I hear.

Tarmander

Sheik said:
For what it's worth, I took a single .5mg dose of finasteride and my balls hurt for a year afterward. And it was probably six months before I could cum without sharp pain in my balls.

Wow...just wow

answersfound

Tarmander said:
Sheik said:

Wow...just wow

Maybe it increased progesterone significantly? I think that's how that stuff works. That's why libido vanishes on it.

ChrisRay

Dude I was buzz cutting my hair at 21 already (shaved look). No problem with women in my 20's. You'll look like your in the military, ladies love the clean shaved look....EX) Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham.

OP
D

Dhair

I don't look like them and I'm not famous.

Look, I'm just hoping this could be attributed to drinking and stress. If it is, does that mean it will come back? I'm not looking for a magic solution. It's just that none of us seem to know what really can or can't be fixed.

DKayJoe

Dhair said:
I don't experience scalp pain or numbness.

My do experience extreme hypertension and panic attacks and I've been very emotional lately. I have alwaus been neurotic but I really feel like the world is closing in on me.

Scour this forum for effective ways to drop your serotonin (carrot salads, bcaa + tyrosine + taurine etc), it may or may not help slightly with hair but it will definitely help with the way your feeling...

Considering you're young do you smoke/do recreational drugs?

DKayJoe

Dhair said:
I don't look like them and I'm not famous.

Once again though mate, looks really aren't everything, ESPECIALLY when it comes to women, as long as you're not Igor you have a good shot with girls you like. Next time you're out in a busy public place have a look at the couples walking around, guaranteed you're going to see guys with girls that you'll think are out of their league.

jimmyquick

Get your 24 hour cortisol tested.

My hair grew back when my cortisol levels came back down to normal.

OP
D

Dhair

jimmyquick said:
Get your 24 hour cortisol tested.

My hair grew back when my cortisol levels came back down to normal.

How much had you lost?

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Can you get bloods done?

Cortisol, DHEA-S, SHBG, estradiol, prolactin are ones I'd suspect foremost.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Tarmander said:
Dhair said:
I'm 22.

Well your wrong, hate to say it. It's all about presence man. If your really desperate use progesterone in large doses. It'll turn you a bit girly but it'll grow your hair back. I'd consider that before you get on the pharma wheel of doom

+1

My workmate shaves his head because he was losing it. He's 23. His outlook and behavior changed when his appearance did. He didn't care anymore, about people judging him, females or otherwise. He has hooked up with more chicks than me (to be fair, he is a horn-dog). It's all attitude my man.

squanch

Dhair said:
Just a brief rundown.

Exactly one year ago I had a full head of hair. I mean PERFECT.
Around May of 2014 I came under a lot of stress due to relationship issues. I would drink up to 5 High Gravity Hurricane call cans (8.1% alcohol content per can) every night, getting absolutely smashed.
And (completely serious), I only stopped very recently.
I noticed hair thinning around November. It became progressively worse, and within the past five months it has gotten more aggressive. I went to get a buzzcut recently and now my hair looks like a newborn baby's hair.
I also have eczema, 0 muscle mass, and I'm an emotional wreck.
I discovered Danny Roddy and the works of Ray Peat a few months ago. It may be my only hope.
For a few weeks I've been doing my best to stick to some bare-bones basics (vitamin k, no polyunsaturated fats, oj, few grains, etc), but I guess I need someone to tell me it will be okay. The idea of being horshoe bald at 23 would make me borderline suicidal.

Should I start with getting labs? Has anyone here had success when it comes to thickening their hair? Is there ANY hope?
Thank you.

You said you have 0 muscle mass. How much did you eat before?
Have you tried eating a peaty VERY high calorie diet? As in 5000kcal+ per day while still paying attention to things like pufa, amino acid ratios, phosphorus-calcium ratio etc.

Here is a good example
http://thelastcanary.blogspot.de/2013/0 ... -diet.html
http://thelastcanary.blogspot.de/2013/1 ... art-2.html

Sheik

I've never seen any actual evidence of progesterone working for a man to reverse or even slow hair loss.

I personally didn't give topical progesterone much of a chance because it exacerbated my PFS symptoms (the stuff I was talking about earlier). I've read several accounts of that happening for men with PFS. But anyway I've used progesterone more recently and it only had positive effects. I seem to have made a full recovery from PFS so I might try progesterone again.

mujuro said:
Tarmander said:
Dhair said:
I'm 22.

+1

My workmate shaves his head because he was losing it. He's 23. His outlook and behavior changed when his appearance did. He didn't care anymore, about people judging him, females or otherwise. He has hooked up with more chicks than me (to be fair, he is a horn-dog). It's all attitude my man.
That totally matches my experience, interest from the opposite sex just rocketed, I was getting more attention with a shaved head in my 40's than I used to get in my 20's. As soon as I'd did it I wished that I'd done it 20 years earlier. Not to say it suits everybody but if you look good with your hair very short I can't see it being a problem. Shaving is a choice and people will respect that.

In all honesty though I think Dhair has a lot more opportunity to reverse his hair loss than I ever did anyway with all the knowledge becoming available....and accessible.

I think the OP might find the right long term health strategies of great benefit, and not just for his hair. It's obvious from his posts just how intensely he is letting this affect him. I'm going to be honest here but I think that level of intensity would be more likely to put off girls than any degree of hair loss.

It can be done, it's not going to happen over night, IMO he already has access to most of the basic information and advice that he needs, he just needs to do the right things, be patient and keep moving forward in his life in all directions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals