Pregnenolone Hair Fall?

cjmorin

I just recently started using Haidut's Stressnon, which is Pregnenolone. I've been using 2-3 drops daily on my abdomen (3.4-5.1mg... apparently equivalent to 34-51mg orally in capsule form). Wanted to try it for anxiety and overall health.

I've noticed that I get more anxious kind of in the same way that caffeine kicks in... a bit of a rush in my stomach. Admittedly, I used to love this feeling while consuming a lot of caffeinated beverages, but now I equate it with anxiety. That seems to be replaced by calm and more mood stability later on.

My question is regarding hair fall. I'm a 35m with a full head of hair and no paternal issues with male pattern baldness. My hair is rather fine but there's lots of it.

Over the last few days I've noticed that while showing there is quite a bit of hair fall. This is definitely noticable because I never ever remember this happening before. I also have an increase in acne in places that don't normally see any skin eruptions lubee my chest and forearms.

I've read quite a bit about Preg and Progesterone actually supporting healthy hair, as it seems to balance T and DHT so they don't get outta wack. I also recognize that this is a massively complicated subject and wonder if a healthy young person with seemingly no hormonal issues should really be messing around with this stuff in the first place.

I'm wondering if perhaps this may not actually be hair fall per se, but more like an acceleration of the phase where older hairs get kicked out in replacement for new follicular growth. I forgot what that phase is called, but apparently 80-90% of hair stays in the growth phase while the remainder is either preparing to depart or already doing it while a new hair is emerging.

I'm curious to hear about people's experience with this! I take loads of other supplements but none of them have ever caused this to happen. The only new compounds I've added lately are colostrum and preg and from what I've read about colostrum it should be the hair and skin's best friend. Again, perhaps the hair fall is actually the beginning of a positive cycle.

Thanks for your thoughts!

DhtAssassin

Haidut doesn't know ***t about hair. You shouldn't take any advice from hit and yet alone buy his scam products.

OP
cjmorin

cjmorin

I'm sorry, am I in the right forum? The one where people have positive and curious things to remark about the interventions that others take in an effort to better themselves and their lives?

1. I didn't buy StressNon because I thought Haidut knew ***t about hair. I bought it because I struggle with anxiety. This is a curious and seemingly related side effect.

2. I have and will continue to take supplements. I don't even want to get into the dozens of reasons why I think that is completely appropriate even for healthy young people.

3. I want to acknowledge the fact that my post seems to have triggered some people. I'm not exactly sure why but it definitely wasn't my intention. That said, I would really love to hear from anybody who has some experience of their own or thought-provoking ideas to share. Being reprimanded via harsh comments that offer zero details or explanation does not seem very productive.

Frankdee20

Pregnenalone will go down progesterone or dhea path

BehcetsBoy

I think you should step back and really think about why you are taking supplemental when you are a normal young healthy person. I've repeated it before and I'll repeat it again, you will never gain health from some man-made mass factory-produced synthetic chemicals in a pill, only lose health. If you really want to get healthy from things you consume then try eating healthy organic food and get plenty of sunlight.

OP
cjmorin

cjmorin

Thanks for your opinion.

I'd like to keep this thread focused on the original question of hair effects related to Pregnenolone.

JKX

Yeah you need to be careful with that four letter word beginning with h and ending with r. People get very defensive.

Preg should be good for anxiety. Hows your metabolism? Taking it with plenty of food and maybe some glycine or gelatin should help.

Preg and prog can increase serum estrogen for a few days when first taken, this may be the reason for the hair fall. I'm assuming its just general hair fall and not recession? Ive never had any issues with preg.

OP
cjmorin

cjmorin

Thanks for the info. Metabolism seems to be good. I'm healthy weight and all basic health metrics are good. I do notice I get cold extremities from time to time but it usually correlates with periods when I go for ab extended period without eating.

No recession...just more noticable hairs coming out during the shower. It is not clumps or anything close to that, but it's something I've never really noticed at all before.

For example, if I grab my head and yank through my hair I'll have 4 or 5 strands left between my fingers, whereas this would normally not happen at all.

I did notice that after the initial hair fall of yesterday that there are significantly less today. An interesting thing for sure.

@cjmorin

TLDR: Supplement with calcium carbonate, and reduce the pregnenolone frequency. Calcium carbonate to inhibit parathyroid --> a likely source of anxiety. Pregnenolone does not need to be supplemented daily, since it sort of recycles itself, and at your age you are not likely to be deficient. Furthermore, pregnenolone inhibits the GABA pathway, and causes anxiety-like effects in some people (you can google about it). Consider cyproheptadine.

I had hair fall for years, and despite this I managed to keep my hair line (just experienced thinning, i noticed/measured the hair fall in the shower). I tried so many things, and never really managed to slow down the hair fall (10 to 20+ hairs per shower), until I found Ray Peat. the main thing for me was (1) calcium supplementation (2) not becoming calorie/sugar deficient while also not spiking insulin too frequently, and (3) keeping endotoxin to a minimum. After calcium carbonate supplementation, my hair fall stopped completely (no hair on my hands during a shower, can run my hands through dry hair and even pull, and no hair comes out, as it did in the past).

If I take pregnenolone daily, I get puffy nips (gyno-ish) and it subsides after 1-2 days back to strong masculine nips. So, be careful, and maybe use your nipples as biofeedback markers, as weird as that sounds. I subscribe to the idea that human bodies are different --- so what makes my body estrogenic, might not make your body have the same response, maybe you are a high DHT producer and I am not... but I still think it is a good idea for a 35year old male to reduce the pregnenolone from daily to 1-2x per week. Make sure salt isn't too low either (salt to turn off aldosterone) but drink a fair amount of water if you are going heavy on salt and calcium (to keep the kidneys feeling optimal). Some people might disagree with my notes here -- feel free to disagree with logic and/or sources. Keep us updated on your progress, whether good or bad.

Xemnoraq

Haidut doesn't know ***t about hair. You shouldn't take any advice from hit and yet alone buy his scam products.
How do you know he doesnt know anything about hairloss? And how do you know his products are a scam? Im disagreeing or agreeing with you i just want to know what draws you to that conclusion?

Xemnoraq

I just recently started using Haidut's Stressnon, which is Pregnenolone. I've been using 2-3 drops daily on my abdomen (3.4-5.1mg... apparently equivalent to 34-51mg orally in capsule form). Wanted to try it for anxiety and overall health.

I've noticed that I get more anxious kind of in the same way that caffeine kicks in... a bit of a rush in my stomach. Admittedly, I used to love this feeling while consuming a lot of caffeinated beverages, but now I equate it with anxiety. That seems to be replaced by calm and more mood stability later on.

My question is regarding hair fall. I'm a 35m with a full head of hair and no paternal issues with male pattern baldness. My hair is rather fine but there's lots of it.

Over the last few days I've noticed that while showing there is quite a bit of hair fall. This is definitely noticable because I never ever remember this happening before. I also have an increase in acne in places that don't normally see any skin eruptions lubee my chest and forearms.

I've read quite a bit about Preg and Progesterone actually supporting healthy hair, as it seems to balance T and DHT so they don't get outta wack. I also recognize that this is a massively complicated subject and wonder if a healthy young person with seemingly no hormonal issues should really be messing around with this stuff in the first place.

I'm wondering if perhaps this may not actually be hair fall per se, but more like an acceleration of the phase where older hairs get kicked out in replacement for new follicular growth. I forgot what that phase is called, but apparently 80-90% of hair stays in the growth phase while the remainder is either preparing to depart or already doing it while a new hair is emerging.

I'm curious to hear about people's experience with this! I take loads of other supplements but none of them have ever caused this to happen. The only new compounds I've added lately are colostrum and preg and from what I've read about colostrum it should be the hair and skin's best friend. Again, perhaps the hair fall is actually the beginning of a positive cycle.

Hey man, yeah i dont know why everybody was being all aggresive, but its so hard to say, Whats the diet like? And overall stress like? (During the time you were noticing the hair fallout?)

Its so hard to narrow things down to one supplement/substance sometimes, theres no way to say forsure it was the pregnenolone that caused this unless maybe you feel very confident that is the case, but lets say hypothetically it was the pregnenolone causing that, i think those doses are not super high plus theyre done topically so not as much is absorbed, which leads me to believe it likely wasnt the pregnenolone, i know people who’ve taken it in superficial amounts like 1g with no side effects,

But lets say it IS the pregnenolone causing that, theres a few theories we could come up with,
#1 you could be having an allergic/inflammatory reaction to the product or maybe where the pregnenolone was derived, increased histamine is known to promote hair lose,

#2 because pregnenolone increases the metabolic rate alot, its also possible it may or may not cause hypoglycemia similar to caffeine if theres not enough glycogen in the tank

Those are the only reasons i can think of why pregnenolone might have a negative effect,

Isn’t colostrum like a bacteria of a sort? I’ll be honest i really don’t know much about it but if its anything similar to probiotics, theres alot of threads and studies that talk about their pro-histamine effects and pro-endotoxin effects etc. Might be worth looking into the colostrum product too? If its a live form of bacteria and your already in an anxious state, it could cause excess proliferation of bacteria and bacteria/endotoxin related issues

Who knows right, but yeah i don’t know too much about colostrum those are just my theories if i had to think of anything

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
@cjmorin

TLDR: Supplement with calcium carbonate, and reduce the pregnenolone frequency. Calcium carbonate to inhibit parathyroid --> a likely source of anxiety. Pregnenolone does not need to be supplemented daily, since it sort of recycles itself, and at your age you are not likely to be deficient. Furthermore, pregnenolone inhibits the GABA pathway, and causes anxiety-like effects in some people (you can google about it). Consider cyproheptadine.

I had hair fall for years, and despite this I managed to keep my hair line (just experienced thinning, i noticed/measured the hair fall in the shower). I tried so many things, and never really managed to slow down the hair fall (10 to 20+ hairs per shower), until I found Ray Peat. the main thing for me was (1) calcium supplementation (2) not becoming calorie/sugar deficient while also not spiking insulin too frequently, and (3) keeping endotoxin to a minimum. After calcium carbonate supplementation, my hair fall stopped completely (no hair on my hands during a shower, can run my hands through dry hair and even pull, and no hair comes out, as it did in the past).

If I take pregnenolone daily, I get puffy nips (gyno-ish) and it subsides after 1-2 days back to strong masculine nips. So, be careful, and maybe use your nipples as biofeedback markers, as weird as that sounds. I subscribe to the idea that human bodies are different --- so what makes my body estrogenic, might not make your body have the same response, maybe you are a high DHT producer and I am not... but I still think it is a good idea for a 35year old male to reduce the pregnenolone from daily to 1-2x per week. Make sure salt isn't too low either (salt to turn off aldosterone) but drink a fair amount of water if you are going heavy on salt and calcium (to keep the kidneys feeling optimal). Some people might disagree with my notes here -- feel free to disagree with logic and/or sources. Keep us updated on your progress, whether good or bad.

Spot on.

JKX

Hey man, yeah i dont know why everybody was being all aggresive, but its so hard to say, Whats the diet like? And overall stress like? (During the time you were noticing the hair fallout?)

Its so hard to narrow things down to one supplement/substance sometimes, theres no way to say forsure it was the pregnenolone that caused this unless maybe you feel very confident that is the case, but lets say hypothetically it was the pregnenolone causing that, i think those doses are not super high plus theyre done topically so not as much is absorbed, which leads me to believe it likely wasnt the pregnenolone, i know people who’ve taken it in superficial amounts like 1g with no side effects,

But lets say it IS the pregnenolone causing that, theres a few theories we could come up with,
#1 you could be having an allergic/inflammatory reaction to the product or maybe where the pregnenolone was derived, increased histamine is known to promote hair lose,

#2 because pregnenolone increases the metabolic rate alot, its also possible it may or may not cause hypoglycemia similar to caffeine if theres not enough glycogen in the tank

Those are the only reasons i can think of why pregnenolone might have a negative effect,

Isn’t colostrum like a bacteria of a sort? I’ll be honest i really don’t know much about it but if its anything similar to probiotics, theres alot of threads and studies that talk about their pro-histamine effects and pro-endotoxin effects etc. Might be worth looking into the colostrum product too? If its a live form of bacteria and your already in an anxious state, it could cause excess proliferation of bacteria and bacteria/endotoxin related issues

Who knows right, but yeah i don’t know too much about colostrum those are just my theories if i had to think of anything

Colostrum is just the opposite. Plenty of studies back its antibacterial, antipathogenic properties. The substrates in colostrum include a significant concentration of lactoferrin, one quality of which is to bind to minerals in the gut making them more available to the host and less available to pathogenic bacteria.

rr1

@cjmorin

Not only dose calcium carbonate raise increase calcium and decrease PTH, but it also raises carbon dioxide, which is very PRO hair.

Murtaza

@cjmorin

how much calcium are you consuming in a day?

chompie

I'm in the same boat as you (age, full head of hair, sex, etc). Pregnenolone definitely increases my hair fall. I've done the experiment two separate times at 10mg/day and within just a couple of days the hair fall begins - and that continues until I stop the supplement.

It's a bummer for me because pregnenolone definitely helps. When I'm on it, my night and morning woodies are rock hard, I look more vascular, my stomach is flatter, etc. I sleep more deeply as well.

If anyone else has any ideas beyond what has been given here, I'd love some feedback.

pregnenolone caused hair fall for me and heart palps... but i already overdosed on progesterone so that is probs why. all corrected when i added back in estrogen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals