Pregnenolone Hair Fall?

cjmorin

I just recently started using Haircut's Stress on, which is P5 Pregnenolone in SFA and Ethanol. I've been using 2-3 drops daily on my abdomen (3.4-5.1mg... apparently equivalent to 34-51mg orally in capsule form). Wanted to try it for anxiety and overall health.

I've noticed that I get more anxious kind of in the way that caffeine kicks in... A bit of a rush in my stomach. Admittedly, I used to love this feeling while consuming a lot of caffeinated beverages, but now I equate it with anxiety. That seems to be replaced by calm and more mood stability later on.

My question is regarding hair fall. I'm a 35m with a full head of hair and no paternal issues with male pattern baldness. My hair is fine but there's lots of it. Over the last few days I've realized that while showing there is quite a bit of hair fall. This is definitely noticable because I never ever remember this happening before.

I've read quite a bit about Preg and Progesterone actually supporting healthy hair, as it seems to balance T and DHT so they don't get outta wack. I also recognize that this is a massively complicated subject and question if a healthy young person with seemingly no hormonal issues should really be messing around with this stuff. My curiosity is too strong!

I'm wondering if perhaps this may not actually be hair fall per se, but more like an acceleration of the phase where older hairs get kicked out in replacement for new follicular growth. I forgot what that phase is called, but apparently 80 or 90% of hair stays in the growth phase while the remainder is either preparing to depart or already doing it while a new hair is preparing to emerge.

I'm curios to hear about people's experience with this! I take loads of other supplements but none of them have ever seemed to cause this to happen. The only new compounds I've added lately are colostrum and preg and from what I've read about colostrum it should be the hair and skin's best friend. Again, perhaps the hair fall is actually the beginning of a positive cycle.

Thanks for your thoughts!