Has anyone managed to increase their hair density/thickness significantly?

Vins7

Has anyone managed to significantly thicken their hair without the use of medication?
I don't want to sound rude, but I'm not just looking for some advice from people who haven't gotten it yet, I just want to know if anyone has actually gotten it and how they did it.
Massages, some daily habit, supplement...?

MarcelZD

If that counts I managed to lose a lot of density by exercising and stressing too much, and it came back when I stopped. B-vitamins also helped quite a bit. This kind of hairloss might be different from the usual male pattern baldness though.

OP
V

Vins7

My main problem is lack of density lack of density in upper part. It all started about 4 or 5 years ago with detachment and the truth is that at the same time I have had stress and digestive problems. I couldn't tell if it's AGA or not.

Last edited:

HannahB

I have. It's taken several years but my hair is thicker and it's filled in on my head. I believe it is a combination of collagen, biotin and dessicated thyroid, perhaps aspirin als. It did not happen overnight and it mostly requires healing everything in your body. Track your Temps and your heart rate and that helps you see progress. I first noticed that my fingernails had better color and less lines in them. PS. I'm a 58 year old female.

helpmyhair

If that counts I managed to lose a lot of density by exercising and stressing too much, and it came back when I stopped. B-vitamins also helped quite a bit. This kind of hairloss might be different from the usual male pattern baldness though.
Which B vitamins did you use and at what dose? I am also suffering from stress induced hair thinning. High stress from heartbreak that I can't cope with. Its also thrown my stomach out of whack which I know it contributing to the hair thinning. I don't know how to solve this high stress because I feel so depressed/anxious over what happened.

MarcelZD

Which B vitamins did you use and at what dose? I am also suffering from stress induced hair thinning. High stress from heartbreak that I can't cope with. Its also thrown my stomach out of whack which I know it contributing to the hair thinning. I don't know how to solve this high stress because I feel so depressed/anxious over what happened.
I used a cheap b-complex that has around 300% of every B-vitamin, around 10mg biotin and in addition thiamine in varying but high doses. I think the latter in particular fixed some lifelong gastrointestinal issues I've had — it was quite amazing, as though it caused a hard reset of my bowel function. I would have never believed that this could be fixed with a humble B1 supplement.

parallax

Swedish, age 28, female, diffuse thinning;
daily sunbathing, never burning.
6-10oz of red meat daily, as much dairy as she wants
zero legumes, zero wheat, zero greens
dessicated thyroid glandular, healthfood store style OTC
Subtantial increase in hair fullness after 3 months.
This was a friend who had asked for my help after observing my thick hair and strong nails.

unsubscribed

Controlling stress has helped. Increased carb intake as well as frequent balanced meals through the day.
I rarely shed anymore.

OP
V

Vins7

I used a cheap b-complex that has around 300% of every B-vitamin, around 10mg biotin and in addition thiamine in varying but high doses. I think the latter in particular fixed some lifelong gastrointestinal issues I've had — it was quite amazing, as though it caused a hard reset of my bowel function. I would have never believed that this could be fixed with a humble B1 supplement.
What dossge of thiamine there was on the vitamin b supplement? How long did you take It?

sunny

I have. It's taken several years but my hair is thicker and it's filled in on my head. I believe it is a combination of collagen, biotin and dessicated thyroid, perhaps aspirin als. It did not happen overnight and it mostly requires healing everything in your body. Track your Temps and your heart rate and that helps you see progress. I first noticed that my fingernails had better color and less lines in them. PS. I'm a 58 year old female.
What dessicated thyroid are you using? All of the ones I used have had manufacturing issues and limited production for years.

golder

Same. It’s hard to find a good NDT product.
NP thyroid, WP thyroid, Armours original formulation and Westhroid were all good. I can’t seem to find any these days.

helpmyhair

Intersting, I am having some stomach issues which I also think may be caused by extreme high stress. How long were you using this supplement? Would you say the B-vitamins really helped with combating stress/anxiety/depression? I am a super anxious and very sensitive person, and it affects my physical health alot, especially thinning my hair.

unsubscribed

Intersting, I am having some stomach issues which I also think may be caused by extreme high stress. How long were you using this supplement? Would you say the B-vitamins really helped with combating stress/anxiety/depression? I am a super anxious and very sensitive person, and it affects my physical health alot, especially thinning my hair.

Aim for the stress. Eat eat eat. Nutritious foods. Balanced meals frequently.
Push through the tough days, persistence pays.
Give the body what it needs to stop stressing. Give your body the time it needs to heal itself.

helpmyhair

Aim for the stress. Eat eat eat. Nutritious foods. Balanced meals frequently.
Push through the tough days, persistence pays.
Give the body what it needs to stop stressing. Give your body the time it needs to heal itself.
thanks for the advice. I definitely am doing my best to eat frequently. Its a bit tough as a T1 diabetic with keeping blood sugar from going high. I noticed I feel the worst in the morning when my body really is lacking fuel. I definitely feel best when I am consistently getting in good food throughout the day.

unsubscribed

thanks for the advice. I definitely am doing my best to eat frequently. Its a bit tough as a T1 diabetic with keeping blood sugar from going high. I noticed I feel the worst in the morning when my body really is lacking fuel. I definitely feel best when I am consistently getting in good food throughout the day.
It sounds as if your adrenals are fatigued. The cortisol party is possibly dominating.
It took me near 18 months to turn things around.
I’m a lean guy normal fighting weight of 82kg and I lost 15kg in those early days. They were horrible. Sleep issues. Gut problems. Anxiety all of it.
The worst time of my life by a long way.
There is no magic bullet one size fits all.
Different strokes for different folks but you have to know that you WILL get better.
Start with the basics, quality diet, rest, simplify everything.
Food heals.
Best of luck, I’m rooting for you :)

helpmyhair

It sounds as if your adrenals are fatigued. The cortisol party is possibly dominating.
It took me near 18 months to turn things around.
I’m a lean guy normal fighting weight of 82kg and I lost 15kg in those early days. They were horrible. Sleep issues. Gut problems. Anxiety all of it.
The worst time of my life by a long way.
There is no magic bullet one size fits all.
Different strokes for different folks but you have to know that you WILL get better.
Start with the basics, quality diet, rest, simplify everything.
Food heals.
Best of luck, I’m rooting for you :)
You really hit the nail on the head here. Gut problems/anxiety.. its killing my life. And the sleep issues have been horrible during this time of high stress. Going through a break-up is making me wake up super early in a state of panic/dread/anxiety/depression. Feels like my stress hormones are out of whack and wakes my body up super early in this horrible state. Any idea how I can solve that?

unsubscribed

You really hit the nail on the head here. Gut problems/anxiety.. its killing my life. And the sleep issues have been horrible during this time of high stress. Going through a break-up is making me wake up super early in a state of panic/dread/anxiety/depression. Feels like my stress hormones are out of whack and wakes my body up super early in this horrible state. Any idea how I can solve that?
A good place to start is get your cortisol checked. Via the saliva test 4 samples a day.
I can’t speak in terms of how you can process things but you need to let go. Of everything. Take on the mindset of f$*k it.
Strip all the crap off.
It’s ok. Tell yourself that. It’s ok.
You’ll be ok.
When it’s dark and gloomy inside your head, be dark and gloomy KNOWING this is processing it.
Cry, scream, punch and kick, let it out, let go.
It’s perfectly fine to be feeling the way you’re feeling.
In the early days I was using Mirtazapine to knock me out. I got off it after 3 months.

helpmyhair

A good place to start is get your cortisol checked. Via the saliva test 4 samples a day.
I can’t speak in terms of how you can process things but you need to let go. Of everything. Take on the mindset of f$*k it.
Strip all the crap off.
It’s ok. Tell yourself that. It’s ok.
You’ll be ok.
When it’s dark and gloomy inside your head, be dark and gloomy KNOWING this is processing it.
Cry, scream, punch and kick, let it out, let go.
It’s perfectly fine to be feeling the way you’re feeling.
In the early days I was using Mirtazapine to knock me out. I got off it after 3 months.

Thanks again. Can I just go to my GP and ask for a cortisol test? I also thought that checking for vitamin deficiencies would be a good idea too like vitamin D.

I will do my best to take this mindset. Its definitely really hard when the body is reacting anyway even if I tell my mind to let go.

I just looked up Mirtazapine.. looks like a prescription antidepressant drug. I would prefer not to be medicated, but something short term for sleep could help.

unsubscribed

Like I said, I was desperate. I did not succumb to the victim mentality though so I used the system to get what I needed at the time. I should have got an Oscar for the theatrics I pulled in order to get that Mirtazapine. That Mirtazapine knocked me out and I really really really needed to sleep. I stopped using it when I felt I had got out of that initial misery. Sleeping and getting rest is so underrated and overlooked. Just that alone can help resolve many issues.
I don't like the idea of 'antidepressant' either but I was emaciated and fried like an underweight chicken. It was doom and gloom.
I don't know that person as of right now, because it wasn't me. It was the sick me. My body communicating to me that it was time for change. I listened and now I'm well on the path to the best version I have ever been.
Sometimes we have to get out of our own way and use tools as a means to get better rather than fall victim to that mindset.
No one is judging here and if they were I simply dgaf. That's health :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals