Hair Loss Is Really Getting Me Down, Advice Needed

Maljam

I can’t grow a good beard and it would take me 3-5 years to build a respectable physique. These type of offtopic comments are on every hair loss forum and topic that ever gets generated. We’ll definitely all bear that decision in mind though, cheers.

On the contrary, I think my comments are very much on topic. One of Peats main points is to decrease stress and my comment would do such a thing. This forum has been around 8 years, how many members have achieved regrowth? Why hasn't there been a definitive protocol laid out that people follow? It might take you 3-5 years to build a good physique but if you don't, in 3-5 years time you might be even balder and have a worse physique than you do now. There are guaranteed protocols for gaining muscles, there aren't any fully guaranteed protocols for reversing hair loss IMO.

If you were at higher risk of heart disease and prostate cancer wouldn’t you work towards minimising it?

I'm not fully convinced by the links between hair loss and prostate cancer, studies are all over the place. I think you can prevent your cancer risks and still be bald. Besides, a lot of suggestions on here are topicals which you would think wouldn't change hair loss much.

jondoeuk

On the contrary, I think my comments are very much on topic. One of Peats main points is to decrease stress and my comment would do such a thing. This forum has been around 8 years, how many members have achieved regrowth? Why hasn't there been a definitive protocol laid out that people follow? It might take you 3-5 years to build a good physique but if you don't, in 3-5 years time you might be even balder and have a worse physique than you do now. There are guaranteed protocols for gaining muscles, there aren't any fully guaranteed protocols for reversing hair loss IMO.

I'm not fully convinced by the links between hair loss and prostate cancer, studies are all over the place. I think you can prevent your cancer risks and still be bald. Besides, a lot of suggestions on here are topicals which you would think wouldn't change hair loss much.

The company (Cassiopea) behind CB-03-01 (topical) has shown that 7.5% BID at six months was comparable to the twelve month data for oral finasteride. You are able to buy the compound, but for 'research' only.

golder

The company (Cassiopea) behind CB-03-01 (topical) has shown that 7.5% BID at six months was comparable to the twelve month data for oral finasteride. You are able to buy the compound, but for 'research' only.
Very interesting. This all sounds quite new. Do you know the mechanism of action, or do you have any more interesting reading about it? Not heard Danny or anyone mention it yet

jondoeuk

Very interesting. This all sounds quite new. Do you know the mechanism of action, or do you have any more interesting reading about it? Not heard Danny or anyone mention it yet

It is a steroidal antiandrogen (and also reduces the production of inflammatory mediators involved with hair miniaturisation) Cortexolone 17α-Propionate (Clascoterone) is an Androgen Receptor Antagonist in Dermal Papilla Cells In Vitro - PubMed

The pivotal trial has been delayed until at least the second half of the year due to COVID.

The metabolites (cortexolone 21-propionate and cortexolone) exhibit minimal antiandrogen activity and have weak glucocorticoid properties A full conformational characterization of antiandrogen cortexolone-17α-propionate and related compounds through theoretical calculations and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy Biological profile of cortexolone 17alpha-propionate (CB-03-01), a new topical and peripherally selective androgen antagonist - PubMed

Most of the adverse events have been local skin reactions. In adolescents and adults using it for acne, about 7% had suppression of the HPA axis, and hyperkalaemia occurred in 5% of treated individuals vs 4% on placebo.

Last edited:

LA

I honestly don't know where to start with all this, but I'll try and keep it short. I appreciate any one who takes their time to read and offer any advice they can.

I'm 30 years old, I've noticed my hair loss way back when I was 18, little did I know that it was really slow and mild to begin with, and to be honest, I've done pretty well with it until the last two years where I have noticed it getting thinner and thinner, to the point I can sometimes see my scalp under harsh lighting. I've always had a widows peak hairline, in the shape of a V and this is how it's been for years, slowly receding into more of U shape (it's pretty depressing and soul destroying)

I've managed to get by and I've been able to keep hairloss in the back of my mind and from time to time I'd browse some of hair loss forums, hoping for some cure or even the odd thing to try, but I've never found anything that has worked for me, most of the internet just directs you to minoxidil, finasteride etc and in my opinion, that stuff is just like putting a plaster over a wound, I honestly don't think the mainstream views of hair loss are correct.

I've reached out to this forum because I'm honestly just lost and feel alone when it comes to hair loss, I've never spoken to anyone about it before, I've just battled with it for the past 12 years alone. Now I'm 30 and it seems to be progressing faster I'm wanting to understand and try out some things that will improve the look and quality of my hair, maybe even re-grow some but I'm going to be realistic, I'm not expecting to be a NW1 but if I can get back to been a healthy NW2 I'll be happy.

I've recently tried minoxidil at a last ditch attempt in hope of seeing some results but all I can say is that it just made me shed a load of hair and depressed me even more. I've also tried Finasteride when I was about 19, and that stuff just made my seaman watery and gave me ball ache, I put the rest in the bin after 2 weeks of taking it.

I do have a 0.5mm dermaroller that I'm willing to get in to a routine of using, as well as some topical oils like Rosemary, Lavender, Castor Oil, Emu Oil etc as well as some supplements taurine, MSM, Niacin and a hair, skin nails multivitamin which contains D3, E, C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, B6, Folic acid, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium and Primrose oil. I also have a red light mini from Red Light Man that I have been using, but in all honesty, I don't know if I'm using it correctly.

This year, I've been working indoors way more due covid, the gyms have shut etc and I'll be honest, I've just gotten really lazy and I've not got the best of diets at the moment. This is probably the reason for the condition of my hair and possibly a wake up call regarding my health. Some of the things I notice is cold feet and hands. I sometimes get a really bad and sore itch around my anus, my doctor gave me fusidic acid for this which cleared it up but it soon came back 4 weeks later. I also have some grey hair around the sides of my head, hair seems thinner and my left temple has receded more than the right. I also suffer from heart burn/acid reflux but since having covid-19 this has strangely subsided a lot, but it still comes back now and again. I also notice some dandruff every now and then but I usually manage this with the oils. Another thing I've noticed is low energy, and even loss of erection when having sex in certain positions. I'm not sure if this information is of any use to shed more light on my situation but I thought I would include it anyway even if it is irrelevant, there may be more odd signs of poor health but I can't think any more right now.

What I'm hoping for is for someone to take the time in reading this and offering some advice or help in anyway they can, like I said, I'm no expert in this field and the logic on this forum seems more sensible compared to others who would just tell me to take the big three and get on with it. If you have any further questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Thank you, this means a lot.
Many men look terrific with shaved heads. Focus on basic health before you get wrapped up in a bunch of pills and tests. Dr. Peat has great tips in his articles on how to be healthy!
I confess that genetically both sides of my family, male and female, have plenty of hair - However- the few times my hair started thinning I was not eating enough protein, not getting enough sleep and working too many hours. When it happened the first time I started focusing on eating beef only and vitC (AA) so I didnt get constipated, also at that time I ate a daily carrot salad. Now I never eat starch and I keep it simple. Besides the animal protein, I take Vit-E-400iu, a high B-complex, K2, daily and Vitamin A once a week with 1 drop of Potassium Iodide once or twice a week using Lugols or Eidon Ionic Minerals which is *only* Potassium Iodide. I take Magnesium at night with another glass of milk. I drink one or 2 cups of fresh coffee in the morning. When I wash my hair once a week I do the final rinse in the shower with my hair hanging down and I turn on cold, COLD water making sure to do a final rinse with cold water all over my entire scalp. A few people, male and female, told me that when they followed those tips it helped them. Best wishes.

Chophouse360

I honestly don't know where to start with all this, but I'll try and keep it short. I appreciate any one who takes their time to read and offer any advice they can.

I'm 30 years old, I've noticed my hair loss way back when I was 18, little did I know that it was really slow and mild to begin with, and to be honest, I've done pretty well with it until the last two years where I have noticed it getting thinner and thinner, to the point I can sometimes see my scalp under harsh lighting. I've always had a widows peak hairline, in the shape of a V and this is how it's been for years, slowly receding into more of U shape (it's pretty depressing and soul destroying)

I've managed to get by and I've been able to keep hairloss in the back of my mind and from time to time I'd browse some of hair loss forums, hoping for some cure or even the odd thing to try, but I've never found anything that has worked for me, most of the internet just directs you to minoxidil, finasteride etc and in my opinion, that stuff is just like putting a plaster over a wound, I honestly don't think the mainstream views of hair loss are correct.

I've reached out to this forum because I'm honestly just lost and feel alone when it comes to hair loss, I've never spoken to anyone about it before, I've just battled with it for the past 12 years alone. Now I'm 30 and it seems to be progressing faster I'm wanting to understand and try out some things that will improve the look and quality of my hair, maybe even re-grow some but I'm going to be realistic, I'm not expecting to be a NW1 but if I can get back to been a healthy NW2 I'll be happy.

I've recently tried minoxidil at a last ditch attempt in hope of seeing some results but all I can say is that it just made me shed a load of hair and depressed me even more. I've also tried Finasteride when I was about 19, and that stuff just made my seaman watery and gave me ball ache, I put the rest in the bin after 2 weeks of taking it.

I do have a 0.5mm dermaroller that I'm willing to get in to a routine of using, as well as some topical oils like Rosemary, Lavender, Castor Oil, Emu Oil etc as well as some supplements taurine, MSM, Niacin and a hair, skin nails multivitamin which contains D3, E, C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, B6, Folic acid, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium and Primrose oil. I also have a red light mini from Red Light Man that I have been using, but in all honesty, I don't know if I'm using it correctly.

This year, I've been working indoors way more due covid, the gyms have shut etc and I'll be honest, I've just gotten really lazy and I've not got the best of diets at the moment. This is probably the reason for the condition of my hair and possibly a wake up call regarding my health. Some of the things I notice is cold feet and hands. I sometimes get a really bad and sore itch around my anus, my doctor gave me fusidic acid for this which cleared it up but it soon came back 4 weeks later. I also have some grey hair around the sides of my head, hair seems thinner and my left temple has receded more than the right. I also suffer from heart burn/acid reflux but since having covid-19 this has strangely subsided a lot, but it still comes back now and again. I also notice some dandruff every now and then but I usually manage this with the oils. Another thing I've noticed is low energy, and even loss of erection when having sex in certain positions. I'm not sure if this information is of any use to shed more light on my situation but I thought I would include it anyway even if it is irrelevant, there may be more odd signs of poor health but I can't think any more right now.

What I'm hoping for is for someone to take the time in reading this and offering some advice or help in anyway they can, like I said, I'm no expert in this field and the logic on this forum seems more sensible compared to others who would just tell me to take the big three and get on with it. If you have any further questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Thank you, this means a lot.
Watch More Plates More Dates on Youtube

Maljam

Sorry, my previous post there was a typo from rushing to write it. I meant to say "Besides, a lot of suggestions on here are topicals which you would think wouldn't change your cancer risk much." The previous poster was suggesting hair loss prevention was for things like cancer benefits when clearly topicals wouldn't do much in that regard.

I hope the topical works so that countless men can now get on with living their lives!

Sorry, my previous post there was a typo from rushing to write it. I meant to say "Besides, a lot of suggestions on here are topicals which you would think wouldn't change your cancer risk much." The previous poster was suggesting hair loss prevention was for things like cancer benefits when clearly topicals wouldn't do much in that regard.

I hope the topical works so that countless men can now get on with living their lives!

CB is a rather weak anti-androgen whose main supposed benefit was lack of systemic side effects. The studies already showed that to be false, as it causes systemic side effects like any other topically applied anti-androgen. A very small niche of people who can't use conventional treatment and have hair loss weak enough to be stopped by CB may find it useful, but it's not going to be any kind of game changer.

Last edited:

Atman

I will offer an alternative view. High chance that by end of this century reversing hair loss isn't going to be hard, so wait 80 years or so. Most people of our generation aren't going to ever die. If you will not be able to fix your hair then wait for 22nd century.
Lol, I would love to have your enthusiasm about the future!
Where do you get that from?
I see a progressing degeneration of public health and a stagnation of science and technology.

Starship

Lol, I would love to have your enthusiasm about the future!
Where do you get that from?
I see a progressing degeneration of public health and a stagnation of science and technology.
Aubrey de Grey works in longevity and I have huge respect for him. He believes that we are going to hit longevity escape velocity when we will be able to add years to our lives faster than we age. Medical and technological advances are improving with exponential growth. Yes, medical situation isn't in a good place right now and there are bad people playing a role in it, but all of it is going to change for the better.
Also, there is a chance that artificial intelligence will be improved into artificial super intelligence (ASI). It's probably not going to be hard for ASI to make humans immortal.
I don't understand why you would say about stagnation of science and technology. It's not true.

Atman

Aubrey de Grey works in longevity and I have huge respect for him. He believes that we are going to hit longevity escape velocity when we will be able to add years to our lives faster than we age. Medical and technological advances are improving with exponential growth. Yes, medical situation isn't in a good place right now and there are bad people playing a role in it, but all of it is going to change for the better.
Also, there is a chance that artificial intelligence will be improved into artificial super intelligence (ASI). It's probably not going to be hard for ASI to make humans immortal.
I don't understand why you would say about stagnation of science and technology. It's not true.
I am genuinely interested in your position but you have to express it more explicitly than just using buzzwords like "artificial intelligence" and common phrases like "exponential growth in science and technology". Where is this supposed progress? The last objective breakthrough of humanity was the moon landing which was over 50 years ago! People extrapolated the advancements of that time and thought we would have mars colonies by the year 2000. Metrics of health, intelligence and culture are declining. The last big technological revolution was the invention of semiconductor technology / transistor (1930s) which enabled modern computing and the internet.
Now companies are building cars with electric motors (19th century science) because battery technology has been refined and the government is subsidizing it to a point where it becomes economically viable and people call it a technological revolution.

lampofred

thanks for responding
0% fat skyr has been somewhat tolerable. The more processed, fermented, defatted and removed from its original form, the more tolerable. There's something is dairy fat that began giving me cystic acne a year ago

does a high glycine intake mitigate the damage of the methionine in the diet? I can tell taurine and glycine are very important for me

The carb sources low in tryptophan/cysteine that I've found are things like apples which are overall very low in protein
a good natural source of vitamin e would be prickly pear. 3 of them will exceed the RDI but I can't find any information whether it is contained in the seeds

Even ghee gives you acne or just milk fat from whole milk? I thought ghee was supposed to have all estrogen/PUFA removed from the fat, but I guess it depends on how it's made. Maybe extra virgin olive oil would help with acne, even though it does have a bit of PUFA.

RP wrote that glycine does protect against high methionine, and I think taurine/glycine are both good for the heart, but I think high methionine/excess methylation issues are extremely hard to overcome with diet alone. People might think I'm weird for saying this, but I think high methionine is related to some spiritual curse. I also have high methionine issues and the only thing that helps me is chanting the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, which is the name of a Hindu God. I don't think it's new agey, I think Krishna might be the Hindu equivalent of Christ (or maybe Christ is the Western equivalent of Krishna). I'm pretty wary of new age stuff. I know that sounds weird but I think it actually does help me a lot.

Last edited:

ursidae

Even ghee gives you acne or just milk fat from whole milk? I thought ghee was supposed to have all estrogen/PUFA removed from the fat, but I guess it depends on how it's made. Maybe extra virgin olive oil would help with acne, even though it does have a bit of PUFA.

RP wrote that glycine does protect against high methionine, and I think taurine/glycine are both good for the heart, but I think high methionine/excess methylation issues are extremely hard to overcome with diet alone. People might think I'm weird for saying this, but I think high methionine is related to some spiritual curse. I also have high methionine issues and the only thing that helps me is chanting the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, which is the name of a Hindu God. I don't think it's new agey, I think Krishna might be the Hindu equivalent of Christ (or maybe Christ is the Western equivalent of Krishna). I'm pretty wary of new age stuff. I know that sounds weird but I think it actually does help me a lot.
Last time it did but might be due to how oxidised it is
I’ve read that chanting activates the vagus nerve

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals