Applying Peat Principles To Low-Carb High-Saturated Fat: Incredible Results

OP
Jam

Jam

"It's all right here right now on Cafeteria Fraiche!" "La-la-la-la-la fraaaaaiche" "Ugh, that's so hot, look at that crust" {ref; South Park)

That's decadent, lol.

Do you cheat or crave pasta or other starch? Probably not. Starch is a mouthfeel, bellyfeel, for me. I wouldn't crave it if it didn't convince me it was soothing. Could just be the gluten opioids. Admit it, bread carries butter like a boss.
Nope, never cheat or crave pasta or other starch at all. Eating more meat, butter and cheese is so much more satisfying.

OP
Jam

Jam

"It's all right here right now on Cafeteria Fraiche!" "La-la-la-la-la fraaaaaiche" "Ugh, that's so hot, look at that crust" {ref; South Park)

That's decadent, lol.

Do you cheat or crave pasta or other starch? Probably not. Starch is a mouthfeel, bellyfeel, for me. I wouldn't crave it if it didn't convince me it was soothing. Could just be the gluten opioids. Admit it, bread carries butter like a boss.
To me, it's the butter that carries bread ;)

Vins7

Hi Jam, I'm brand new here but wanted to chime in. After much experimentation I've stumbled onto a very similar way of eating!

Doing best on a high fat, low carb diet that includes most Peat principles. I eat ~ 250 grams of fat a day (almost all of it from coconut oil, beef, and whole milk) and be sure to stay under 5 grams PUFA.
And How many carbs do you eat daily?

yashi

I think this is an interesting approach. I wonder if you have ever tried to balance your protein with some gelatin daily (i.e. 30-40% of your daily protein in gelatin/collagen) and what that does to satiety and feeling lean and not bloated.

Also, if you increase your protein to 25%-30% of daily calories, do you crave more sugar/carbs then?

I am also experimenting with satiety while not overeating, and so far the most important thing has been to keep total protein over 25% of daily calories or I will eat so much that I gain weight and body fat. I am not so sure about the carb to fat ratios yet though, but I do think staying out of ketosis and filling glycogen stores should be the minimum, so basically your 100g for a non-athlete (which I am also not).

OccamzRazer

You've reminded me to watch South Park again every once in a while; many thanks lol

OP
Jam

Jam

I think this is an interesting approach. I wonder if you have ever tried to balance your protein with some gelatin daily (i.e. 30-40% of your daily protein in gelatin/collagen) and what that does to satiety and feeling lean and not bloated.

Also, if you increase your protein to 25%-30% of daily calories, do you crave more sugar/carbs then?

I am also experimenting with satiety while not overeating, and so far the most important thing has been to keep total protein over 25% of daily calories or I will eat so much that I gain weight and body fat. I am not so sure about the carb to fat ratios yet though, but I do think staying out of ketosis and filling glycogen stores should be the minimum, so basically your 100g for a non-athlete (which I am also not).
I don't supplement extra gelatin, I get enough from my diet, which includes a lot of fatty meat, offal, bone broth, meat stock, etc.

My protein intake varies between 20% and 25% of calories, but have never really gone above that. I never really crave carbs/sugar, besides feeling a bit "off" if I don't have fruit to end a meal, but it's always been this way for me, even when I was higher carb, and I think it's mostly psychological. It's like I feel a bit "dirty" inside if I skip the fruit... not sure why. I feel like it cleanses my palate and GI tract.

I personally find it impossible to overeat when getting enough protein and saturated fat, they are just so incredibly satiating...

Last edited:

Maljam

Looks good @Jam and after around 5 years (seriously) of trying to get a high sugar Peat diet to work for me, I am eating pretty much the same as you. ~100g carb, generous amounts of saturated fat. No matter what I tried I never felt half as good as I do these days.

Maljam

No, that was a way of doing it for people who can barely oxideze carbs. When adding too much fat to carbs even tho it is saturated fat you interact with the randle cycle and if you are unhealthy you can't utilize glucose. At your age this isn't a problem especially when eating 80g of fat a day.
Some people replenish the glycogen during the day and at night they only eat fat which can be very relaxing before sleeping.
If you keep a max of 20g of fat per meal you should be fine.

I have never seen a poster so desperate to get people (who are feeling well and improving health issues) off high fat and onto a high carb diet which previously caused them health issues. Are you paid by Big Carb? ?

Razvan

Come o
I have never seen a poster so desperate to get people (who are feeling well and improving health issues) off high fat and onto a high carb diet which previously caused them health issues. Are you paid by Big Carb? ?
Come on,don't be a prick :)) that guy was asking me stuff,he isn't high fat, you do what it feels the best for you, I'm not judging please, i help people implementing stuff that works for me. Higher fat can be very beneficial also, don't say words without sense only for conflict.

Nomane Euger

I don't supplement extra gelatin, I get enough from my diet, which includes a lot of fatty meat, offal, bone broth, meat stock, etc.

My protein intake varies between 20% and 25% of calories, but have never really gone above that. I never really crave carbs/sugar, besides feeling a bit "off" if I don't have fruit to end a meal, but it's always been this way for me, even when I was higher carb, and I think it's mostly psychological. It's like I feel a bit "dirty" inside if I skip the fruit... not sure why. I feel like it cleanses my palate and GI tract.

I personally find it impossible to overeat when getting enough protein and saturated fat, they are just so incredibly satiating...
Hi neggez,what happened when you eat more carbs?do you eat those to satiety and satisfaction or do you limit yourself to a certain amount that you get negatives symptoms if you go beyond?

OP
Jam

Jam

Hi neggez,what happened when you eat more carbs?do you eat those to satiety and satisfaction or do you limit yourself to a certain amount that you get negatives symptoms if you go beyond?
If I eat more carbs beyond 100g, that means I have to eat less saturated fat (assuming protein remains equal). When I used to eat more carbs and less fat, I was always hungry unless I overate (which would make me put on weight). Who wants to be constantly hungry?? I was also always bloated after meals. By eating the way I do now, I am never hungry and never bloated, and maintain my ideal weight.

Nomane Euger

Okay thanks,do you eat 2 or 3 times a day?did you repeat the experiment to increase carbs after you reached your optimale state of health?did you try to eat your carbs on their own outside of others meat and fat meals specifically when you increased their quantity?and generally what’s the upper limit of grammes of carbs form honey/fruits you can tolerate per meal with your meat and fat?
If I eat more carbs beyond 100g, that means I have to eat less saturated fat (assuming protein remains equal). When I used to eat more carbs and less fat, I was always hungry unless I overate, which would make me put on weight. I was also always bloated after meals. By eating the way I do now, I am never hungry and never bloated.

OP
Jam

Jam

Okay thanks,do you eat 2 or 3 times a day?did you repeat the experiment to increase carbs after you reached your optimale state of health?did you try to eat your carbs on their own outside of others meat and fat meals specifically when you increased their quantity?and generally what’s the upper limit of grammes of carbs form honey/fruits you can tolerate per meal with your meat and fat?
I eat 3 times per day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, no snacks (zero hunger between meals).

I decreased carbs until I reached my optimum. From 200-300g per day to 50-100g.

Yes I did try high carb meals, in fact I ate at least one such meal per day in my previous life, but after 3-4 hours I was always ravenously hungry, no matter how much I ate. No thanks.

I get roughly 20-30g of carbs per meal, mainly from fruit. I'm not big on vegetables, although I do have the occasional green leaves and tomatoes and such on the side.

Last edited:
OP
Jam

Jam

Bottom line, for me, is that meat/fish/offal with plenty of saturated fat is the only thing that satiates me and stops me from having attacks of extreme hunger between meals.

I can also now drink my afternoon intra-meal coffee black without any sugar or dairy and not have to eat something with it. Previously, I would always require a snack, or plenty of sugar and/or cream with it, or I would develop a gaping hole in my stomach.

Nomane Euger

Bottom line, for me, is that meat/fish/offal with plenty of saturated fat is the only thing that satiates me and stops me from having attacks of extreme hunger between meals.

I can also now drink my afternoon intra-meal coffee black without any sugar or dairy and not have to eat something with it. Previously, I would always require a snack, or plenty of sugar and/or cream with it, or I would develop a gaping hole in my stomach.
Okay,is there specific organs meat that make feel the best?

OP
Jam

Jam

Okay,is there specific organs meat that make feel the best?
Well, I enjoy any organ meats I can get my hands on -- it's just that liver, heart, and tripe are the the only organ meats commonly available at my local butcher.

Nomane Euger

Well, I enjoy any organ meats I can get my hands on -- it's just that liver, heart, and tripe are the the only organ meats commonly available at my local butcher.
Okay thanks

Sefton10

I eat 3 times per day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, no snacks (zero hunger between meals).
This level of satiety is the holy grail for me.

I feel lighter (no bloating) on higher sugar/lower fat, but then I'm always hungry between meals unless I overeat, which brings bloating. Too much fat from meat/tallow gives me an upset stomach though. May try cream, I know you say creme fraiche works well for you.

OP
Jam

Jam

This level of satiety is the holy grail for me.

I feel lighter (no bloating) on higher sugar/lower fat, but then I'm always hungry between meals unless I overeat, which brings bloating. Too much fat from meat/tallow gives me an upset stomach though. May try cream, I know you say creme fraiche works well for you.
Yeah, high quality crème fraiche is probably the most satiating food I've ever eaten. A 200g pot for lunch can potentially keep me satiated until well beyond regular dinner time, it's insane. Like you, my wife doesn't digest fats from meat very well, but she has no problem with crème fraiche.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals