HIgh Carb - Low Fat | Dangers of combining SFA with Fructose | Pre-Diabetes

GreekDemiGod

Lately, I have made some discoveries:

1. When I go lower in fats and higher in carbs(both sugar and complex carbs), my energy levels and vitality drastically improve. Body temperature is at the ideal levels, so assuming thyroid function ramps up
2. I generally get tired after higher fat meals
3. High sugar + high SFA diet is fattening for me. High-Carb Low Fat melts my body fat.
4. I am technically pre-diabetic. Fasting blood glucose over 100 since 2019.
5. I’ve been diagnosed in 2020 with mild hepatic steatosis(NAFLD). This was 7 months after I started adopting Peat principles and a couple years into adopting significant SFA intake in my diet.

I read about reversal of prediabetes/ type 2 diabetes on low-fat plant-based. I believe this theory, low fat makes the oxidative metabolism work better.
It also seems that having a high amount of both fructose and Saturated Fats in my diet is bad, at least in my current metabolic state. And it’s what probably caused my pre-diabetes and fatty liver especially.
There is a theory that SFA is more inducing of fatty liver than fructose is.

Will I ever be able to enjoy SFA again?
Is fructose + SFA bad, would that mean my PUFA stores are not depleted?

youngsinatra

In actual human studies PUFA appear to be superior to SFA and starchy carbohydrates seem superior to fructose in terms of diabetes/fatty liver/metabolic syndrome.

I consciously keep SFA low and I consume fructose only in the form of whole fruits.
SFA make my heart pump harder, circulation worse (leading to palpitations, ED and brain fog) and I occasionally feel chest-tightness/chest-pains with high SFA intake.

Nomane Euger

Lately, I have made some discoveries:

1. When I go lower in fats and higher in carbs(both sugar and complex carbs), my energy levels and vitality drastically improve. Body temperature is at the ideal levels, so assuming thyroid function ramps up
2. I generally get tired after higher fat meals
3. High sugar + high SFA diet is fattening for me. High-Carb Low Fat melts my body fat.
4. I am technically pre-diabetic. Fasting blood glucose over 100 since 2019.
5. I’ve been diagnosed in 2020 with mild hepatic steatosis(NAFLD). This was 7 months after I started adopting Peat principles and a couple years into adopting significant SFA intake in my diet.

I read about reversal of prediabetes/ type 2 diabetes on low-fat plant-based. I believe this theory, low fat makes the oxidative metabolism work better.
It also seems that having a high amount of both fructose and Saturated Fats in my diet is bad, at least in my current metabolic state. And it’s what probably caused my pre-diabetes and fatty liver especially.
There is a theory that SFA is more inducing of fatty liver than fructose is.

Will I ever be able to enjoy SFA again?
Is fructose + SFA bad, would that mean my PUFA stores are not depleted?
hi,when you lowered you fat intake,and increased sugar/starch,did you increase your minerals rich foods intake such as fruits/tubers,or did you add only refined carbohydrate such as refined grains?did you account for the other changes you did while you lowered your fat intake,you mentionned many on your log

laleto12

what happens if you constantly crave fat? Sugar do not satisfy me a bit. It is always like an after meal gift

aliml

TheSir

SFA make my heart pump harder, circulation worse (leading to palpitations, ED and brain fog) and I occasionally feel chest-tightness/chest-pains with high SFA intake.
Does SFA do this to you even when you eat it in isolation? I get similar effects by combining SFA and starches, but not from any other combination.
what happens if you constantly crave fat? Sugar do not satisfy me a bit. It is always like an after meal gift
Intelligently listening to your cravings would generally be a very Peatarian thing to do. Eat some butter until you are satisfied.

Nomane Euger

Samya

Do you miss eating a lot of fat? I've found eating higher carb my appetite for fat becomes reduced so I don't miss eating a lot of it. A really fatty steak has become somewhat nauseating to even think about. After a while even whole cow milk tastes too rich.

I think a little fat is nice to flavour foods, make fat soluble vitamins more bioavailable and good for smooth digestion, but adding a lot of it slows everything down mentally and physically. Maybe some people can make ketones really well for brain energy, in my experience there's no way fat can keep up with sugars.

Apart from whole milk there's hardly any foods in their natural state which have a lot of both SFA and sugars, so it's not too surprising they don't go together too well in large quantities. Human milk has more lactose sugar than fat compared to other mammals I know of, which is maybe a sign we do better with more sugar in relation to fats.

Last edited:

Sefton10

Highish carb and highish fat is working well for me. I think the key is complex carbs (sprouted oats, sprouted lentils, whole fruits) and cocoa butter. Refined starches like white rice and masa (or fruit juice) don't work as well for me. There's something about cocoa butter, possibly the stearic acid content. I lean up from it and it feels androgenic, whereas too much animal fat and dairy makes me heavier.

𝙁𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩~𝙩𝙚𝙚

Forum Supporter
Highish carb and highish fat is working well for me. I think the key is complex carbs (sprouted oats, sprouted lentils, whole fruits) and cocoa butter. Refined starches like white rice and masa (or fruit juice) don't work as well for me. There's something about cocoa butter, possibly the stearic acid content. I lean up from it and it feels androgenic, whereas too much animal fat and dairy makes me heavier.
How do you consume the cocoa butter? Do you think using it topically on the skin would have the same effects?

I

i_nomad

Between this…
In actual human studies PUFA appear to be superior to SFA and starchy carbohydrates seem superior to fructose in terms of diabetes/fatty liver/metabolic syndrome
…and the blanket “vegetables” recommendation, I have to ask, are you here on this forum just to be a contrarian?

You know that’s the essentially opposite of what this forum tends to embrace, right? And with plenty of evidence, no less.

Nomane Euger

Between this…

…and the blanket “vegetables” recommendation, I have to ask, are you here on this forum just to be a contrarian?

You know that’s the essentially opposite of what this forum tends to embrace, right? And with plenty of evidence, no less.
hi,he just share his opinion,ask him to share the studys he is refering to if you think there is something wrong with his perspective,everyone have the right to share their opinions wich they believe to be based on their experiences and researchs

youngsinatra

Saturated Fat Is More Metabolically Harmful for the Human Liver Than Unsaturated Fat or Simple Sugars Diabetes Care 2018;41:1732–1739 | https://doi.org/10.2337/dc18-0071

Never said that PUFAs are good, but SFA are pretty bad in comparison.

Nomane Euger

@GreekDemiGod hi,why do you put in the title "danger of combining SFA with fructose"considering that most of your fat sources were also containing a good amount of mufa and pufa for some"eggs, cottage cheese, salted cow cheese, coconut oil, avocados, milk / goat milk, butter and some beef fat"(from your log)did you experiment with the same amount of total fat, with fat sources that are mainly mufa and or pufa and contained a very small amount of saturated fat,and didnt get the bad affects you attributed to saturated fat?i have the same question for your point 3 "High sugar + high SFA diet is fattening for me" and same question for your point 5.you made a post 3 weeks ago called"An ode to grass-fed ribeye. Manliest food ever?"after you ate a ribeye and felt great,and you said in this post"All this being said, I consider fatty beef to be an ideal food for men. There is something to be said about having generous protein and fats intake as a man in particular, in addition to adequate carbs."what changed between when you wrote this first post where fatty ribeye made you feel great to the point where you considered it an ideal food for all men and now?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals