HIgh Carb - Low Fat | Dangers of combining SFA with Fructose | Pre-Diabetes

I

i_nomad

hi,he just share his opinion,ask him to share the studys he is refering to if you think there is something wrong with his perspective,everyone have the right to share their opinions wich they believe to be based on their experiences and researchs
Nah. If he was sharing his opinion he’d just mention relevant points. Instead he shares generalizing statements that directly contradict the commonly held views around here. Hence, why I asked if he’s just being contrarian.

I see people offer varying views and opinions on here all the time. Instead, this seems like an attempt to disrupt…

Nomane Euger

Nah. If he was sharing his opinion he’d just mention relevant points. Instead he shares generalizing statements that directly contradict the commonly held views around here. Hence, why I asked if he’s just being contrarian.

I see people offer varying views and opinions on here all the time. Instead, this seems like an attempt to disrupt…
peoples dont have to share a reference for anything they write,if you want these references free to you to ask them,but dont blame someone because he doesnt provide references everytime he share ideas that are referable

Kvothe

Saturated Fat Is More Metabolically Harmful for the Human Liver Than Unsaturated Fat or Simple Sugars Diabetes Care 2018;41:1732–1739 | https://doi.org/10.2337/dc18-0071

Never said that PUFAs are good, but SFA are pretty bad in comparison.

I see.

I

i_nomad

Saturated Fat Is More Metabolically Harmful for the Human Liver Than Unsaturated Fat or Simple Sugars Diabetes Care 2018;41:1732–1739 | https://doi.org/10.2337/dc18-0071

Never said that PUFAs are good, but SFA are pretty bad in comparison.
Peat and others around here have studied thousands of studies… over decades… and have arrived where they did. There will always be contradictory studies that can be cited individually to suggest really anything.

I’m gonna stick with the pretty clear data that shows PUFA as being bad and SFA, in moderation, as being good. SFA have been consumed primarily for thousands of years… introduction of mass PUFA triggered the mass decline in health.

Why would something we evolved to consume be bad for us? Don’t see that much in other species that stick with their evolutionary process.

For Christ’s sake… one of the studies you shared is forcing the already obese people to overeat palm (hardly a good SFA example, why not coconut or butter?) vs safflower oil… in muffins… in already obese people… who are forced to overeat…?

…what?

aniciete

Peat and others around here have studied thousands of studies… over decades… and have arrived where they did. There will always be contradictory studies that can be cited individually to suggest really anything.

I’m gonna stick with the pretty clear data that shows PUFA as being bad and SFA, in moderation, as being good. SFA have been consumed primarily for thousands of years… introduction of mass PUFA triggered the mass decline in health.

Why would something we evolved to consume be bad for us? Don’t see that much in other species that stick with their evolutionary process.

For Christ’s sake… one of the studies you shared is forcing the already obese people to overeat palm (hardly a good SFA example, why not coconut or butter?) vs safflower oil… in muffins… in already obese people… who are forced to overeat…?

…what?
And nothing is normal about eating straight saturated fats. Milk isn’t just “SFA” and beef isn’t just “SFA”. I could see an argument of spoon feeding coconut oil is unhealthy but I fail to see a proper argument on why saturated fats from real FOODS are bad.

I

i_nomad

And nothing is normal about eating straight saturated fats. Milk isn’t just “SFA” and beef isn’t just “SFA”. I could see an argument of spoon feeding coconut oil is unhealthy but I fail to see a proper argument on why saturated fats from real FOODS are bad.
Exactly. Good point.

Sefton10

How do you consume the cocoa butter? Do you think using it topically on the skin would have the same effects?
I just have it in my porridge. 15g or so with each meal. There’s a few threads on stearic acid/cocoa butter and I think it is metabolised slightly differently via the skin (in a good way).

Vins7

In actual human studies PUFA appear to be superior to SFA and starchy carbohydrates seem superior to fructose in terms of diabetes/fatty liver/metabolic syndrome.

I consciously keep SFA low and I consume fructose only in the form of whole fruits.
SFA make my heart pump harder, circulation worse (leading to palpitations, ED and brain fog) and I occasionally feel chest-tightness/chest-pains with high SFA intake.
Don't you consum sacarose?

gomkat

Are they grass fed and finished meats? I didn’t know about grass finished until this last year and it makes a huge difference in my knee inflammation. For my genes, which are the thrifty ones, I do well with one day fasts occasionally to lower my insulin.

artist

I think I messed up my liver with too much fructose but I’m still waiting for blood tests. I can’t tolerate saturated fat pretty much at all anymore and that may be why. (I also have zero desire to eat it, like I can no longer choke any down.) Nowadays if I consume SFA (butter, meat, whatever) my lymphatic system goes crazy and I get very swollen, I break out within hours, my circulation breaks down etc. I’m still very thin though. A lot of people think you’ll know you have a problem when you get fat but this is not so.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals