Kyle Bigman

So no exercise for 4 years...? or 30 days, if you are doing totally no fat?

I do weight-lifting. I'm sure this is stressful.

milkboi

So no exercise for 4 years...? or 30 days, if you are doing totally no fat?

I do weight-lifting. I'm sure this is stressful.

First of all, I think the 30 day number is too optimistic. And yes, weight-lifting is surely stressful. Needs careful lifestyle balancing IME. If you are doing a low fat PUFA depletion diet, your FFAs will consist of more PUFA (that's why you asked the above question probably). Taking taurine and Vitamin E will at least help counteract. A benefit of weight-lifting while PUFA depletion might be that it speeds up the process. So you will need to decide for yourself if the regular benefits of WL + faster depletion are worth the damage that the PUFA in your bloodstream could do.

yerrag

I don't understand why under stress, PUFAs are burned, and while not under stress SFAs are burned. Does anyone know?

I suppose 'under stress' would mean when body sugar is low, right? And at this point, adrenalin spurs glycogen to be converted to sugar. And further stress would mean glycogen stores are exhausted, upon which protein is broken down and converted into sugar?

And all throughout, since assuming that there is no insulin is present due to blood sugar being low enough (to not cause insulin to be produced by the pancreas), but glucagon is released instead, lipolysis occurs on adipose tissues, and it is at this point where PUFAs are released from the adipose tissues (given that the body tends to store PUFAs and the PUFAs are released by lipolysis). Note: Insulin inhibits lipolysis, and glucagon mediates lipolyis.

However, when not under stress, wherein blood sugar is normal, lipolysis is not initiated, and instead whatever fats are burned are those from dietary fats present in the blood stream, and the fat oxidation that occurs has a preference for the saturated fat portion of dietary fats.

Is this why that is? Has RayPeat ever explained why under stress PUFAs are burned, and when not, SFAs are burned?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals