Fat people should chose between high-fat ot high carb diet?

success23

So i am so confused... from my understanding fat people like me should chose to go on either high-carb or high-fat diet.
Generally obesity = high insulin, high lipolysis and low beta-oxidation.
So with low-fat,, FFA are not ingested as much and get lower insulin levels becase glucose in not competing with FFA to get into the muscle and that leads to better insulin sensitivity and fat loss.
High fat diets just minimizes insulin and we get the almost the same scenario.

I tried mixing carbs + protein+ and fat because it lowers gastric emptying but studies show that you get hyperglycemia after a couple of hours because the ingested ffa induce an insulin reissitant state.

Am i missing something ? And any advices?

Oh gosh success23 Ray Peat has dozens of quotes about how starches cause obesity! I have posted many of them throught my thread on this very subject. I hope it is helpful :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210629-105417_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210629-105417_Gallery.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 31
OP
S

success23

Oh gosh success23 Ray Peat has dozens of quotes about how starches cause obesity! I have posted many of them throught my thread on this very subject. I hope it is helpful :)

oh gosh yes.. starches cause obesity, cortisol cause obesity, exess estrogen cause obesity, low thyroid cause obesity ect ect
That wasn;t really my question..

Jam

No. Fat people that want to lose weight without killing their metabolism should simply increase protein and lower fat.

Your first sentence contradicts everything Ray Peat says, "from my understanding fat people like me should chose to go on either high-carb or high-fat diet." Ray Peat says dozens of times that starches and fat make people fat.

dukesbobby777

I am sorry for misunderstanding your question. I wasn't trying to offend you in any way.

Don’t worry. What you said has relevance. The OP is going on about the randle cycle, but starches (and whether somebody chooses to eat them) are just as important IMO. I gain weight when I add in starches, which I presume to be water weight (pointing to increase in stress hormones/estrogen, etc).

OP
S

success23

Ofc some people will handle starches better than other people.
Keto is good for weight loss but has too many negative effects in the long term.
I guess I have to consider more stuff than only the randle cycle when it comes to fat loss.
Low-fat it is.

Don’t worry. What you said has relevance. The OP is going on about the randle cycle, but starches (and whether somebody chooses to eat them) are just as important IMO. I gain weight when I add in starches, which I presume to be water weight (pointing to increase in stress hormones/estrogen, etc).
Thanks Duke! Starches make people testy too! I told a story earlier last week, about my overweight girlfriend trying to give up grains. She was so happy to be losing a pound a day, but by the 4th day she quit cause she said the cravings for them was too great and it was making her angry. She has to have her MSG laden Chicken In A Biscuit everyday, only 6 she says, but who can stop at six? Those things are delicious!

Ofc some people will handle starches better than other people.
Keto is good for weight loss but has too many negative effects in the long term.
I guess I have to consider more stuff than only the randle cycle when it comes to fat loss.
Low-fat it is.
I lost a pound a day on mono potato fasts. It was so easy to do and satiating. So to your point there are so many ways to weight.

B

Blaze

So i am so confused... from my understanding fat people like me should chose to go on either high-carb or high-fat diet.
Generally obesity = high insulin, high lipolysis and low beta-oxidation.
So with low-fat,, FFA are not ingested as much and get lower insulin levels becase glucose in not competing with FFA to get into the muscle and that leads to better insulin sensitivity and fat loss.
High fat diets just minimizes insulin and we get the almost the same scenario.

I tried mixing carbs + protein+ and fat because it lowers gastric emptying but studies show that you get hyperglycemia after a couple of hours because the ingested ffa induce an insulin reissitant state.

Am i missing something ? And any advices?
Giving advice in these matters is not without difficulty as there are many confounding variables and what helps one person may have limited benefit to another. The basics it sounds like you already are aware of but want some advice and clarification.

1. You are concerned about losing weight and wonder if you should go on a high carb or high fat diet.

First of all, before we discuss your fat and carbs ratios question, always always always ensure you get adequate protein in your diet or you will risk harming your health.

If you are not diabetic or insulin resistant and do not have elevated triglycerides , then your body has no issue metabolizing and storing fats or carbs, and so my advice would be different than if you had one of those bad metabolic issues. So, you are not diabetic , don't go too extreme on the limiting of fats. A nonfat or super low fat diet would benefit you very little if metabolically you are healthy, regardless of being overweight. There is such a thing as a heathy overweight person. An overweight individual even very often survives disease states that a overly thin person does not.

If you are diabetic or insulin resistant or have elevated triglycerides , greater adherence to the high carb low fat peat approach might be called for.

Also, extreme limiting of calories for weight loss is not the way to go either. Different foods contribute differently to overall body composition. For example, milk and ice cream and cheese are very slimming foods for some individuals, though there are exceptions to that. So while getting sufficient calories you can improve body composition and maybe lose a little weight without negatively impacting your health. Also Rinse & rePeat 's advice about starches may apply to your inquiry more than you imagine. Carbs from sugar , honey, and fruit are very different than carbs from starch which sometimes can cause gut issues.

2. You tried mixing carbs + protein+ and fat because it lowers gastric emptying so it sounds like you maybe are having gut issues and also the stomach empties too fast causing partially undigested food to reach and irritate or damage the gut.

The gut is probably the biggest thing you can improve to aid both your weight and your health using Peat style eating.

Please respond to my comments and let me know more about any metabolic issues and or gastric issues you are having if any, what kind of diets you have tried previously , and a little more about exactly what foods you eat now and supplements you are taking if any , and then I and others here can get a better idea about your situation and respond with more good advice if you would like. You will find the people on this forum are always ready to help. Good luck with the weight loss..................

Last edited by a moderator:

dabdabdab

does stearic acid with gluten free starch and adequet mushroom help weight loss without the need yo decrease their consumption?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals