Applying Peat Principles To Low-Carb High-Saturated Fat: Incredible Results

Andman

very likely, i havent looked at the studies beyond the abstract at all, just wanted to add something beyond the „eat 150g carbs bro“ which is probably not very helpful by itself

Nomane Euger

So this is generally the point that I am trying to make clear in this thread. It's why I started it. Most if not ALL the "bad rap" that high-fat diets get is due to the fact that 99.99% of studies use HIGH PUFA!

A clear distinction must be made between high PUFA and high SAT fat diets. They are at polar opposites of the spectrum. One is highly toxic to the metabolism, while the other is highly supportive. This is the whole point of this thread.
How is libido btw?wet dreams,morning woods m,real life excitability

OP
Jam

Jam

How is libido btw?wet dreams,morning woods m,real life excitability
Pretty good, I think. Have not detected any changes in such things thus far.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

OccamzRazer

So this is generally the point that I am trying to make clear in this thread. It's why I started it. Most if not ALL the "bad rap" that high-fat diets get is due to the fact that 99.99% of studies use HIGH PUFA!
Exactly.

Funny how flawed, non-contextual studies are used to demonize both saturated fat and sugar, leading people to pick a polarized side depending on what they like best...when in reality, both perspectives are wrong.

OP
Jam

Jam

So, I've been shooting for an equal amount of protein, carbs, and fat (mainly saturated), by weight. This means roughly 136g/136g/136g. Here's an example of what I ate yesterday. I'm starting to think that these are the ideal macro ratios. I struggle to reach 136g carbs without starch or milk, though. A tbsp of honey and a fruit per meal gets me close.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-20 132834.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-20 132834.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 137
B

Braveheart

So, I've been shooting for an equal amount of protein, carbs, and fat (mainly saturated), by weight. This means roughly 136g/136g/136g. Here's an example of what I ate yesterday. I'm starting to think that these are the ideal macro ratios. I struggle to reach 136g carbs without starch or milk, though. A tbsp of honey and a fruit per meal gets me close.
I remember somewhere here in the forum Dr. Peat mentioning that he thought those were the ideal macro ratios.

OP
Jam

Jam

I remember somewhere here in the forum Dr. Peat mentioning that he thought those were the ideal macro ratios.
Indeed. And the funny thing is that such a diet would still be considered high fat / low carb.

Nomane Euger

I think he said something along the lines »we don’t know what are ideal macros,,,,,,,,,,,perhaps/probably 33/33//33 »and talking about calories pourcentages rather than weight pourcentage

Sefton10

I remember that, I’d always assumed he meant by calories though!

gaze

I remember that, I’d always assumed he meant by calories though!
"A daily diet that includes two quarts of milk and a quart of orange juice provides enough fructose and other sugars for general resistance to stress, but larger amounts of fruit juice, honey, or other sugars can protect against increased stress, and can reverse some of the established degenerative conditions."
-RP

the two quarts milk and 1 quart OJ is around 180 g carbs, but in a quote he said probably somewhere around 180-250 for most people. He consumes 400g himself

yashi

People taking copious amounts of thyroid probably can eat a lot more carbs than those who don't.

OP
Jam

Jam

People taking copious amounts of thyroid probably can eat a lot more carbs than those who don't.
I have never touched thyroid and can easily handle 400g carbs in one sitting, let alone in a day. It could be an issue if hypothyroid.
I can handle any amount of carbs, it's just that I don't want to. Stuffing myself with starch bloats me, I don't like fruit juices, and don't currently have access to quality milk. The most I can manage by eating whole fruits and honey is 125-150g per day. Why I would go out of my way to become nauseated with extra honey and even more fruit is beyond me, when I feel just great with more saturated fat and even less carbs.

hei

"A daily diet that includes two quarts of milk and a quart of orange juice provides enough fructose and other sugars for general resistance to stress, but larger amounts of fruit juice, honey, or other sugars can protect against increased stress, and can reverse some of the established degenerative conditions."
-RP

the two quarts milk and 1 quart OJ is around 180 g carbs, but in a quote he said probably somewhere around 180-250 for most people. He consumes 400g himself
It's only 1300-1800kcal depending on the milk, and 70g of protein. What about the rest of the diet?

gaze

It's only 1300-1800kcal depending on the milk, and 70g of protein. What about the rest of the diet?
that quote was in reference to the carbs in the diet, theres still other foods that provide fat and protein like cheese, butter, gelatinous meats, seafood, eggs, etc. I personally prefer more starch, and a higher carb as opposed to only 180-250 carb, but some people feel better on more butter and saturated fats.

OP
Jam

Jam

Have you checked oxLDL?
No, but my LDL has always been in range, with mid-high HDL and low triglycerides. I'm not worried about oxLDL at all.

OP
Jam

Jam

How is it going @Jam ?
Any update?
Cheers
So, I inverted my carb/fat macros recently (last couple months) while keeping protein at 130-140g and low or no starch, and am doing equally well, with no hunger between meals, no bloating, etc. I believe the adequate protein (130-140g in my case) keeps me satiated as well or better than extra saturated fat.

Attachments

• cron2.jpg
    cron2.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 156
  • cron1.jpg
    cron1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 151

InChristAlone

So, I inverted my carb/fat macros recently (last couple months) while keeping protein at 130-140g and low or no starch, and am doing equally well, with no hunger between meals, no bloating, etc. I believe the adequate protein (130-140g in my case) keeps me satiated as well or better than extra saturated fat.
Still doing carbs? I did similar macros except more fat less protein and that usually kept me stable but am going through the reactive hypoglycemia type symptoms (with perfect numbers) and starches cause me huge problems right now. I was really interested in how the fat worked out in the long run but then you switched it! I am doing way better on 60% fat than 55% carbs. Do you still think that can work?