Saturated Fat TERRIBLE For Liver Health & Diabetes. Compared To PUFA

OP
N

Nuancé

@Nuancé
Since you are not a big fan of animal studies, I strongly encourage you to do a simple human experiment yourself:

For 2-4 weeks cook all your food with sunflower oil and log your general well being, skin condition etc.
Then for another 2-4 weeks do the exact same thing but with coconut oil and/or butter.

I bet you will come to a fairly distinct conclusion and your desire to lose yourself in the analysis of myriads of questionable studies will perish.
Eventually it will makes sense to you, that the introduction of vast amounts of PUFAs to the human diet in the 20th century was not a good idea.

I don't want to haha. I have acne so it would f*** instantly my o3/o6 ratio and I've said enough that vegetable oil are shitty. I've already tried diet enriched with SFA, raw butter and coconut oil mainly, I didn't noticed any changes.
I was a bit tired when I ate butter with my porridge maybe.

And I've eaten a good bunch of shelled pistachios yesterday, no problem. I often eat a handful of shelled walnuts or hazelnuts. I had a period in which I ate milled flaxseeds in a smoothie, 20/25gr per day approximatively (a little less than an ounce).

don't want to haha. I have acne so it would f*** instantly my o3/o6 ratio and I've said enough that vegetable oil are shitty. I've already tried diet enriched with SFA, raw butter and coconut oil mainly, I didn't noticed any changes.
I was a bit tired when I ate butter with my porridge maybe.
for me a high saturated fat diet clears up all my acne, but unfortunatelty i have to eat carbs =( so my forehead is f4ck3d

mamakitty

Okay I went over the paper and it has a few gems in it...

The introduction actually says that these groups with increased atherosclerosis actually consume low amounts of saturated fat.

"In these populations the rate of myocardial infarction is 1.5 - 2 times that in the indigenous populations, yet these people do not have high intakes of saturated fat or cholesterol, high rates of cigarette smoking, higher than normal mean serum cholesterol or low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol, or hypertension."

This researcher did not actually check if they were using vegetable ghee. He got his data from another researcher "McKeigue". I didn't look at the McKeigue paper yet.

"McKeigue et all reported that Asians living in London use ghee as cooking oil."

He then cites the McKeigue paper in the discussion section and it is pretty awesome...

"In the study of McKeigue and colleagues the Londoners of Asian origin had a theoretically lower atherosclerosis risk in terms of each known risk factor studied than the British controls, yet their observed relative risk for myocardial infarction was 1.8 and their mortality was 1.2 times higher than that of the controls. Dietary fat intake as a percentage of kilocalories, and intake of saturated fatty acids and cholesterol were significantly lower among the Asians than the controls. Percentage of calories from polyunsaturated fatty acids was more than twice higher in the Asians than in the controls. Serum cholesterol was lower and high-density-lipoprotein cholesterol was higher in the Asians than in the controls, and the fatty-acid composition of their serum cholesterol esters was enriched in linoleic acid. All of the above features predict a lower risk of myocardial infarction in the Asian than in the British-born group. As McKeigue et al stated, the observed high relative risk was unexplained by their data."

I especially like that last part about their serum cholesterol being enriched in linoleic acid.

“...unexplained by their data”
Hahaha classic!

Thanks for reading the study and posting this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals