Flow-mediated Dilatation Is Impaired By A High-Saturated Fat Diet But Not By A High-Carbohydrat Diet

_lppaiva

Flow-mediated dilatation is impaired by a high-saturated fat diet but not by a high-carbohydrate diet. - PubMed - NCBI

"Forty healthy subjects were randomly crossed over to 4, 3-week isocaloric diets high in PUFA, MUFA, or SFA, containing at least 25 g of the relevant fat or a low-fat, CARB, high-glycemic load diet. Flow-mediated dilatation (FMD), fasting blood lipids, high sensitivity C-reactive protein, plasma intercellular, and vascular adhesion molecules plasma E- and P-selectin were measured after each intervention. SFA impaired FMD compared with all other diets (5.41+/-2.45% versus 10.80+/-3.69%; P=0.01). FMD did not change on CARB relative to MUFA or PUFA, despite 23% to 39% rises in triglyceride and 10% to 15% falls in HDL cholesterol. P-selectin was highest after SFA (121+/-52.7 ng/mL) versus MUFA (98+/-44.5 ng/mL; P=0.001) and PUFA (96+/-36.4 ng/mL; P=0.001)."

Now correct me if I am wrong but this study looks bad right off the gate, Seeing the only restrictions of a high fat diet were "at least 25g of the relevant fat" being that 50g of fat is still only 20% of fat, that would mean the person could be eating 25g of PUFA and still be considered "high SFA". Also, we all now they didn't eat only 25g of fat as that is extremely low and the study fails to show details on the subjects diet.

Still, I think it's interesting to put this out there. Just saw Mic the Vegan reference this study in 2019 and had to check for it myself

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals