mantq

Hey everyone,
I'm attaching a recent picture of my body to showcase the current state of my body and in order to provide an estimate for my 'low body fat', which I believe is below 10%. Anyway, I'm very lean, very fit at the moment, however, I struggle with water retention on my face. Whenever I eat carbs, my face soaks up all the carbs and I look very bloated (almost fat just by judging by my face). My profile pic is me on low carb, me being on low carb - I have no problems with water retention or anything like that, however, I'd be hungry all the time. Now, I'm consuming a lot of carbs (and 0 starches), yet my face balloons in a couple of days and stays that way, while my physical shape is unchanged and I feel very powerful from all the carbs while working out. My question is, why would carbs cause my face to hold water? I've tried high salt/low salt and it doesn't help, I'm 90% sure it is the carb intake that is causing me to hold water on my face.
Any thoughts regarding this is much appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    861.4 KB · Views: 349

blackface

Hey bro, sick physique. Would you mind do share your daily food intake? Do you eat dairy and do you drink milk?

Zbush

We all hold water in different spots so for you it might go to your face. Possibly hop in the sauna few times a week to get rid of excess water?

Bro just walk around with your shirt off and nobody will care about the puffy face lol

OP
mantq

mantq

Hey bro, sick physique. Would you mind do share your daily food intake? Do you eat dairy and do you drink milk?
Thanks!
To achieve such low body fat, I had to be at a deficit at some point and even low carb at some stage. I eat lots of dairy as I love it (however I'm almost sure this is not the cause of the 'water retention' I'm seeing), 55% carb, 30% protein, 15% fat at the moment at around 3000 calories. I'm currently experimenting with higher carb intake (500g per day), however I've seen more water retention..

OP
mantq

mantq

We all hold water in different spots so for you it might go to your face. Possibly hop in the sauna few times a week to get rid of excess water?

Bro just walk around with your shirt off and nobody will care about the puffy face lol
Haha to be honest, it's not serious at all (health wise), more of a 'cosmetic' issue but still, would be nice to get it under control, as I do enjoy high carb lifestyle!

OP
mantq

mantq

Trying to revive this thread, as still experiencing this :(
Whenever I go low carb (under 100g of carbs), the effects are so drastic, that it almost makes me want to completely avoid carbs, although I'm extremely hungry and craving carbs. Mind you, the water retention is significantly visible on my face and nowhere else in the body).

Jonk

Do you notice any digestive issues with increased carb intake? Or difference between types of carbs?

OP
mantq

mantq

Yeah, fiber, starches in moderate to high amounts make me gassy, as well as fructose consumed in large quantities. Other than that - nothing.
I was thinking it could be dairy, but in the past, when I've done low carb (calorie restricting), I was consuming a lot of dairy and had no bloating whatsoever..

Jonk

Yeah, fiber, starches in moderate to high amounts make me gassy, as well as fructose consumed in large quantities. Other than that - nothing.
I was thinking it could be dairy, but in the past, when I've done low carb (calorie restricting), I was consuming a lot of dairy and had no bloating whatsoever..
Okay yeah, maybe it's some gut sensitivity thing. Eating carbs with plenty of long chained fatty acids (beef tallow/butter) to slow down gastric emptying might work if the problem is "too much at once".

OP
mantq

mantq

I've noticed, that all types of carbs (be it sugars or starches) cause water retention for me. Additionally, I seem to get inflamed face skin and eczema patches from carbs. I've tested this on and off, tried strictly table sugar alone, sugar and juices, sugar and starch, starch alone.. Does anyone have any idea why I seem to get inflamed skin and water retention from carbohydrates? Is it gut related? How could one potentially fix this? Low carb fixes it within a couple of days, but I do not like it whatsoever, the difference in energy is substantial!

Thank you for any thoughts/suggestions :)

shanny

Forum Supporter
I've noticed, that all types of carbs (be it sugars or starches) cause water retention for me. Additionally, I seem to get inflamed face skin and eczema patches from carbs. I've tested this on and off, tried strictly table sugar alone, sugar and juices, sugar and starch, starch alone.. Does anyone have any idea why I seem to get inflamed skin and water retention from carbohydrates? Is it gut related? How could one potentially fix this? Low carb fixes it within a couple of days, but I do not like it whatsoever, the difference in energy is substantial!

Thank you for any thoughts/suggestions :)
Have you by any chance taken your waking temperature?

PopSocket

I used to have this exact problem when I was pinning Testosterone. Bloated face for 4 days after injection yet super shredded body. Are you using something to help with the physique ?

OP
mantq

mantq

I used to have this exact problem when I was pinning Testosterone. Bloated face for 4 days after injection yet super shredded body. Are you using something to help with the physique ?
No, I'm natty, but there might be something off with my hormones.. It sucks that I cannot seem to figure this out, definitely not into low carb stuff, but nothing seems to be helping :/

Peater

Have you tried extra salt or potassium? Some people do better with one or the other.

PopSocket

No, I'm natty, but there might be something off with my hormones.. It sucks that I cannot seem to figure this out, definitely not into low carb stuff, but nothing seems to be helping :/
In order to get such a great physique naturally this means you are putting a lot of effort (stress,cortisol) and have high androgens which can cause a spillover to Estrogen which can raise Prolactin combined with the training adding more fuel to Estrogen/Prolactin. When you add carbs the body fills certain body part with more water ( some people like me and you get it in the face) and higher than optimal E and P and C can be the cause here.

If I were you I would go to the nearby pharmacy and buy one blister of Aromasin. Remove the toxic coating of 1 pill under warm water for 15-20 seconds and take half of it ~12.5mg, maybe less due to the wash. Don' ejaculate for 2 days and then pop the other half. If on the 3rd-4th day there is a noticeable change and your face is not filled with water and you start to look your best you will know it is high E, high Prolactin issue and you can try to find better alternatives to aromasin to control it at least partially. Like aspirin, k2, vit E etc etc

Also for the experiment you can remove milk for the few days while doing the experiment as it sometimes interferes with facial bloating.

One temporary fix is to use Gua Sha to get the water out 1 or two times a day and send it down the lymph. But it is a lot of work - 15-20 mins a day and even though it does lower the water in the face considerably if hormones are off the "glow" that comes with low E and low P is kind of missing. Anti E/P with Gua Sha makes the face 10/10.

OP
mantq

mantq

Have you by any chance taken your waking temperature?
96.6 this morning, never tracked my morning temperature and to my surprise, it is on the lower end I suppose?

I'm confused as in why I do not tolerate carbs, I feel great eating them but I get this water retention and my skin (eczema on face) flares up everytime I eat larger amounts of carbs..

youngsinatra

96.6 this morning, never tracked my morning temperature and to my surprise, it is on the lower end I suppose?

I'm confused as in why I do not tolerate carbs, I feel great eating them but I get this water retention and my skin (eczema on face) flares up everytime I eat larger amounts of carbs..
Make sure to leave the thermometer underarm for 5-8 min for the most accurate measurement.