High fat / moderate carb experiment

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Blossom...What are your percentages or calories from proteins, carbs and fats roughly...if you don't mind sharing...Cheers!
Certainly 25P/10C/65F
I just meant I could relate to his situation and decision. My ratios fluctuate a bit but lower carb higher fat has been working the best for me over the last 21 months. The only significant carb source that doesn’t bother me at all is honey but I keep experimenting periodically.

B

Braveheart

Certainly 25P/10C/65F
I just meant I could relate to his situation and decision. My ratios fluctuate a bit but lower carb higher fat has been working the best for me over the last 21 months. The only significant carb source that doesn’t bother me at all is honey but I keep experimenting periodically.
Great!..I understand you...thanks for sharing...yesterday for me was % 18P/9C/58F 1600 cals...I am sedentary and can't walk too well and 75 so I'm playing with calories...am thinking 2000 cals with low carb high fat will keep me happy but pretty satisfied these days w my lower cals because of the fat.

Jam

Sorry, but just wanted to add one detail. I hope you don't buy water-logged rice, composition of his diet was based on dry weight. Just addin'..
- White rice (raw) | SELF Nutrition Data (1 cup, which is less than the minimum of 250 g/d)

I guess there's no selenium this time: still depressed.
The only time I have rice, a Carnaroli grown locally, is as a condiment to butter and cheese.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Great!..I understand you...thanks for sharing...yesterday for me was % 18P/9C/58F 1600 cals...I am sedentary and can't walk too well and 75 so I'm playing with calories...am thinking 2000 cals with low carb high fat will keep me happy but pretty satisfied these days w my lower cals because of the fat.
I’m glad you are finding what works best for you! I feel like adequate protein has become crucial for me in maintaining muscle as I age! I’m 51 but was expecting some sarcopenia already in my late 40’s. Fats are super easy for me to tolerate compared to carbs and even though I know the science I’m choosing to honor my personal experience. Best to you!

B

Braveheart

I’m glad you are finding what works best for you! I feel like adequate protein has become crucial for me in maintaining muscle as I age! I’m 51 but was expecting some sarcopenia already in my late 40’s. Fats are super easy for me to tolerate compared to carbs and even though I know the science I’m choosing to honor my personal experience. Best to you!
Frankly, I am loosing confidence in
'the science" This sarcopenia thing will be a shocker for many as they grow older, it is natural and inevitable (in my case worse due to stroke and leukemia?)...Regardless how good the diet and exercise, you will notice the clock ticking...but you can fight against it...Dr Peat is dealing with it and as usual, has enlightening comments/protocols.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Frankly, I am loosing confidence in
'the science" This sarcopenia thing will be a shocker for many as they grow older, it is natural and inevitable (in my case worse due to stroke and leukemia?)...Regardless how good the diet and exercise, you will notice the clock ticking...but you can fight against it...Dr Peat is dealing with it and as usual, has enlightening comments/protocols.
Yes, I’m fighting it all the way. It sadly wasn’t even on my radar until it seemingly happened overnight. I know in reality it was developing gradually over time. I can imagine stroke and leukemia could have an impact. Just 3 weeks of being sedentary with the flu impacted me! It’s crazy how rapidly things can change in middle age and beyond. Keep fighting @bzmazu. The main thing I’ve learned from Peat is to never give up.

B

Braveheart

Yes, I’m fighting it all the way. It sadly wasn’t even on my radar until it seemingly happened overnight. I know in reality it was developing gradually over time. I can imagine stroke and leukemia could have an impact. Just 3 weeks of being sedentary with the flu impacted me! It’s crazy how rapidly things can change in middle age and beyond. Keep fighting @bzmazu. The main thing I’ve learned from Peat is to never give up.
You/we are in control Blossom...

gaze

Wally's diet is sometimes viewed as purified, yet it's more nutritious than people assume. For example, how many persons you know that don't rely on supplements consume 2 mg of thiamine a day?
- Dietary intake of the water-soluble vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 and C in 10 countries in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition

- Treatment of Hypertensive Vascular Disease with Rice Diet

"Supplementary vitamins are added in the following amounts: poison A 5,000 units, venom D 1,000 units, thiamine chloride 5 mg., riboflavin 5 mg., niacinamide 25 mg., calcium pantothenate 2 mg."​

Also, refinement of rice doesn't eliminate everything, it's better than sugar:
- White sugar | SELF Nutrition Data (1 ounce)
- White rice | SELF Nutrition Data (100 g)

- Selenium and manganese in depression – preclinical and clinical studies
using refined calories for energy is a hard paradox to figure out. adequate calories improves T4 to T3 conversion, lowers PTH by normalizing oxidiative metabolism allowing magnesium retention, both of which helps retain vitamins and minerals. but T3 production also requires and uses up those same minerals such as selenium at the same time, white sugar more so than white rice. anorexics in recovery seem to become stable at the point once the body is able to retain those vitamins and minerals adequately, which requires t3, which require those vitamins and minerals...

from my experience, reaching daily energy intake with refined foods is ok if you have decent thyroid, however using white sugar even with decent thyroid will speed up the loss of vitamins and minerals which could increase RT3 and lower T3 as a protective mechanism in order to not waste away (if you go long periods without adequate nutrition).

because of that, i think rays reccomendations of 0 starch can be risky if you are recovering from anorexia or malnutrition, and meals of starch (preferably potato) + fat with some protein will provide calories and nutrition without being as stimulating as white sugar which allows your body to normalize things without falling back on stress hormones, adrenaline, and reverse T3 as often. insulin from starch also opposes adrenaline and cortisol and is anabolic. then again, the serotonin and endotoxin is another hurdle with starch + fat vs sugar, so another paradox remains...

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

Wich fats do you consume?

Nomane Euger

Mainly beef and lamb trimmings and butter. A little coconut oil here and there.
Okay how much fat per day?have you tried grass fed lamb/beef suet and subcutaneous fat,Wich one is your favorite in taste and make you feel the best

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Okay how much fat per day?have you tried grass fed lamb/beef suet and subcutaneous fat,Wich one is your favorite in taste and make you feel the best
I averaged 130 grams over the last week according to cronometer. My trimmings are from grass fed beef and lamb that I get from local farm family. I’ve had suet and like it fine but for practical purposes the lamb and beef fat works out better just because they throw in about 25 pounds for free when I pick up my beef or lamb orders.

Nomane Euger

I

Nomane Euger

I averaged 130 grams over the last week according to cronometer. My trimmings are from grass fed beef and lamb that I get from local farm family. I’ve had suet and like it fine but for practical purposes the lamb and beef fat works out better just because they throw in about 25 pounds for free when I pick up my beef or lamb orders.
Okay,how much honey do you eat?donyou mix it with your meal or eat it separately,did you notice any difference?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Okay,how much honey do you eat?donyou mix it with your meal or eat it separately,did you notice any difference?
Around 6-8 tablespoons. I have it in the morning with my first meal, mix 2 tablespoons in my water that I drink throughout the day and I have some in the evening with my last meal. It helps me stay hydrated and works better for me than zero carbs.

Nomane Euger

Around 6-8 tablespoons. I have it in the morning with my first meal, mix 2 tablespoons in my water that I drink throughout the day and I have some in the evening with my last meal. It helps me stay hydrated and works better for me than zero carbs.
Okay,do you experience negatives feelings if you go higher than that?my diet is pretty much the same except that I eat honey up until it doesn’t taste good anymore,Wich is into the 250 grammes of honey per sitting at minimum lol

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Okay,do you experience negatives feelings if you go higher than that?my diet is pretty much the same except that I eat honey up until it doesn’t taste good anymore,Wich is into the 250 grammes of honey per sitting at minimum lol
To be honest I haven’t tried going any higher yet. I’ve worked my way up to this amount gradually. I’m just taking an extremely cautious approach because when I transitioned before in 2013-2014 I went too fast and ended up with fatty liver, metabolic syndrome and became obese. I was using starch and sugar both at the time though.

Nomane Euger

To be honest I haven’t tried going any higher yet. I’ve worked my way up to this amount gradually. I’m just taking an extremely cautious approach because when I transitioned before in 2013-2014 I went too fast and ended up with fatty liver, metabolic syndrome and became obese. I was using starch and sugar both at the time though.
Okay,do you eat anything as a calcium source?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals