Saturated Fat Deficiency

Jennifer

@somuch4food — LOL A lot? I honestly don't know how many cups of fruit I consume on a given day. I'm so used to weighing it (in the past) that I can now tell the calorie content just by looking at a fruit with refuse. I get roughly 500 calories from the pound of coconut and almost 1000 from juice so the volume isn't as bad as it seems.

Last edited:

Glassy

@Glassy yeah I think you are saying almost the same thing as me actually. I notice you said you "slowly went to low fat". The body flips out if you decide one day to do a drastic change in macro percentages.

I think the confusion with what I wrote is that I'm always advocating higher fat intake, which is not really the case. But I do think you have to ease into higher carb intakes to make the transition gentler. That said, there are at least 2-3 users I know here in good health who still eat a pretty high fat diet and are lean etc. How long did it take you before carbs truly satiated you? I have never been able to reach this point.

BTW for the record I tried eating a LOT of fruit and yeah, that's when I was doing 1000g of carb a day and not being satisfied. I could pound 20-30 pieces of oranges or apples as an example and just not be satisfied until I had some fat with it.

Yeah I wasn’t opposed to anything you were saying, just sharing a different perspective. I don’t have a problem with fat but I used to believe I needed it to feel satisfied. I love the taste and feeling of starch and fat in my belly. Fat and protein I’ve found to also be very satisfying (I did keto for 12months and swore it was my forever diet). I find when I eat very low fat I get hungrier sooner and never get quite as satisfied but I don’t see that as a problem so much as just a part of the approach. Low fat high carb requires more frequent feeding. I think years of various fasting experiments have given me some experience with recognising and accepting certain hunger signals, which helps.

On a normal day (at the moment) i’ll have 2 strong black coffees in the morning and break my fast at around 11am-noon. I’ll start with fruit or sugar/juice and then follow it with a large serving of well cooked starchy white rice (short grain or Thai sticky rice) with a low fat beef curry (trimmed rump with no added oil/fat). I add a lot of gelatine to the curry which gives a good mouth feel in replacement of the fat (also used to think you couldn’t make a good curry without lots of fat). In the afternoon I will usually drink 1 quart of OJ with collagen, 1 quart of fat free milk with 50-70ml maple syrup and a big handful of lollies. That will last me until dinner at around 7pm where I tend to add a bit of fat (maybe 10g or so). I feel satisfied after my starchy meals for at least 2 hrs but the sugar leaves me empty and sometimes I get hungry and sometimes I don’t. I carry a bag of lollies with me everywhere I go because I don’t like being caught out hungry (they last me an hour or two until I can find something more suitable).

I’m not restring calories and don’t mind hitting sugar or starch until I’m satisfied. I think I used to restrict the volume I ate and that would not allow me to catch up calororically speaking and I’d end up constantly unsatisfied.

At first I experimented with preparing high carb very low fat meals but I’d still eat some cheese or butter to see how it made me feel. Eating very low fat allowed me the confidence to eat very freely without fearing significant fat gain. I know that it can happen if you push it but I also think it takes a significant surplus to gain fat on carbs. I eat liver and oysters once per week most weeks. The days I work out (2 or 3 times per week) I tend to eat pretty constantly all day and find it hard to feel satisfied. Its still too early to say if it’s helping with strength increases but I certainly feel more energy while working out and I understand the pumps people go on about.

Cirion

I would tend to believe that (haven't read the whole article but glossed over it for now). It probably helps explain why people starting off on RP can not tolerate low fat well (need to restore choline levels, among other things).

I plan to try this out, maybe will order some this weekend, looks like a good source of organ meat.

Beef Liverwurst - 1 lb. | US Wellness Meats

To be honest, after thinking about what some others wrote earlier, I feel like there's too much debate over the "right macronutrient breakdown" when really I feel like many macronutrient breakdowns can work fine as long as your overall nutrition profile is balanced (micronutrients) and you're eating enough overall calories and that in fact agrees with what one poster had said (having too much OJ/milk/added sugar at the expense of getting other nutrients) can cause problems, and avoiding some "bad food" like PUFA's or wheat.

I've also had to rewire my brain from "just get nutrition from supplements" to "get nutrition from food" (as much as you can), the latter really does make a noticeable difference over the former.

Last edited:
Absolutely, getting the nutrients from real whole food that has never been transformed by any industry, that’s key to proper health. Never disagreeing with RP much when it comes to diagnosis and observations, but some of his dietary recommendations irk me indeed.

I'm admittedly dubious of your claim of healing within days. PUFA stores can take upwards of years to restore, and depending on the damage of the individual, can take months or longer to heal tissue/organ/cellular damage caused by years of stress. Everyone wants a quick fix (I wouldn't mind one) but there really isn't one sadly

actually, eating whole food and the type of diet I have in mind that is 80-90% produce reverses damage extremely fast, because most of this starts with the gut.

Also a classic from Esselstyn - impaired blood flow reverses that fast. We have to understand people trash themselves 7 days a week. By my standards, commercial dairy and OJ and saturated fat from CAFOs animals isn't that great at all.

https://pcrm.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/Caldwell-Esselstyn.pdf

see p.46 Cholesterol naturally halved within 10-14 days. How isn't this incredibly good signs of lower inflammation statuts?

Ornish as well (3' in):

Plant-Based Diets & Artery Function | NutritionFacts.org

Some more low fat vs low carb (3' in again):

Low-Carb Diets & Coronary Blood Flow | NutritionFacts.org

Those people aren't fully 100% healed, of course. But damn me if they aren't on the very right path. So.... no such thing as a fat deficiency. Calories deficiency, probably. Not eating enough real whole foods, most definitely.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals