Applying Peat Principles To Low-Carb High-Saturated Fat: Incredible Results

OccamzRazer

My opinion on it is pretty much identical to what Jam said. I was thinking of what Ray said once about the muscles burning almost pure fat when at rest,or when doing very light exercise( walking for example), and that being a good way to remain lean( by having relatively large muscles).
Having more muscle mass seems to boost one's fat-burning AND their ability to tolerate carbs. It's kind of a metabolic win-win.

Many natural bodybuilders have noticed that larger amounts of muscle mass = capability to eat ultra-high carb meals without 'spilling over,' i.e, less de novo lipogenesis..

Sefton10

Having more muscle mass seems to boost one's fat-burning AND their ability to tolerate carbs. It's kind of a metabolic win-win.

Many natural bodybuilders have noticed that larger amounts of muscle mass = capability to eat ultra-high carb meals without 'spilling over,' i.e, less de novo lipogenesis..
It does then bring in another Peat Paradox whereby having a decent amount of muscle is good, but the process of building significant amounts of muscle can be inherently stressful.

OccamzRazer

It does then bring in another Peat Paradox whereby having a decent amount of muscle is good, but the process of building significant amounts of muscle can be inherently stressful.
Exxactly.

Saturated fats seem to help one gain muscle even with the same workout routine. Perhaps, as Jam said, because they promote insulin resistance in fat cells, while working out promotes insulin sensitivity in muscle cells, allowing for better body composition.

As far as workout routines go, many people on this forum have said that low-rep powerlifting may be less stressful than high-rep weightlifting.

Even better than powerlifting, though - at least for me - is calisthenics. Feels very anabolic but only mildly stressful.

MitchMitchell

Exxactly.

Saturated fats seem to help one gain muscle even with the same workout routine. Perhaps, as Jam said, because they promote insulin resistance in fat cells, while working out promotes insulin sensitivity in muscle cells, allowing for better body composition.

As far as workout routines go, many people on this forum have said that low-rep powerlifting may be less stressful than high-rep weightlifting.

Even better than powerlifting, though - at least for me - is calisthenics. Feels very anabolic but only mildly stressful.

IMHO real weightlifting with ultra low reps and high frequency is the best way to train. It's a bit hard on the CNS at first so weights should be very easy (perceived effort is low), but the fact of the matter is that eliminating eccentric is very androgenic. It's great for dopamine dominant individuals too. Feels like an animal throwing around barbells for cleans, jerks, push presses, deadlifts, 1-3 rep squats.

But I'm biased because Lu Xiaojun is among the most impressive weightlifters of all times imo. And yes of course they all use gear. Still.

OP
Jam

Jam

I've been doing calisthenics pretty much daily since I was 13 years old. Nothing interesting... pushups, pullups, and situps. Just enough to keep me in good enough shape to where I could easily pass a military Basic Training Physical Fitness Test. Not interested in weight lifting.

In my early 40's, age started catching up with me, and after suffering from tendonitis and frozen shoulder in both shoulders, and a bad sciatica, I pretty much had to stop all such activity. I've managed to heal all of these arthritic symptoms during the past few years, and I am now back to the routine I used to do in my 20's. I'm fairly certain that upping the saturated fat and protein has been a factor in my recovery.

Nomane Euger

I've been doing calisthenics pretty much daily since I was 13 years old. Nothing interesting... pushups, pullups, and situps. Just enough to keep me in good enough shape to where I could easily pass a military Basic Training Physical Fitness Test. Not interested in weight lifting.

In my early 40's, age started catching up with me, and after suffering from tendonitis and frozen shoulder in both shoulders, and a bad sciatica, I pretty much had to stop all such activity. I've managed to heal all of these arthritic symptoms during the past few years, and I am now back to the routine I used to do in my 20's. I'm fairly certain that upping the saturated fat and protein has been a factor in my recovery.
Jam,do you dream a lot?arethey epic and enjoyable dreams?

OP
Jam

Jam

Jam,do you dream a lot?arethey epic and enjoyable dreams?
Maybe, it's just that I never remember my dreams, unless I am woken in the middle of one.

Nomane Euger

Maybe, it's just that I never remember my dreams, unless I am woken in the middle of one.
okay thanks.

OccamzRazer

Nice. But do you think the calisthenics contributed to your tendonitis and other problems?

Was under the impression that bodyweight exercises are usually pretty easy on one's joints.

Nomane Euger

Nice. But do you think the calisthenics contributed to your tendonitis and other problems?

Was under the impression that bodyweight exercises are usually pretty easy on one's joints.
some are disgusting on your joints if not done properly like muscle ups

OP
Jam

Jam

No. The arthritic problems I developed were a complication of the severe periodontal disease I had developed.

Sefton10

IMHO real weightlifting with ultra low reps and high frequency is the best way to train. It's a bit hard on the CNS at first so weights should be very easy (perceived effort is low), but the fact of the matter is that eliminating eccentric is very androgenic. It's great for dopamine dominant individuals too. Feels like an animal throwing around barbells for cleans, jerks, push presses, deadlifts, 1-3 rep squats.

Once you get into the heavier weights, low rep just feels a hassle to me now. By the time you've warmed up enough to hit doubles or triples you could have got a workout in. Now I'm in my 40s I've no interest in risking the injuries and CNS fatigue can creep up on you over time if you're not careful.

some are disgusting on your joints if not done properly like muscle ups

I've seen a couple of people destroy their knees doing hindu squats.

Generally I agree bodyweight exercises done properly are enough and decent muscle/strength can be built or at least maintained. Maybe throw a couple of hill sprints in now and again if feeling good. I'm gradually building my exercise tolerance back up, but I'm staying well away from failure and leaving good gaps between workouts. Will see what impact reducing sugar and upping fat a bit has on that.

One thing is for sure though, no one has gotten jacked doing concentric only exercise and avoiding lactic acid like the plague!

MitchMitchell

breakfast and dinner fatty meat and spinach

lunch and late evening: that goat+coconut milk blend

intraworkout (bodybuilding): that fruit juice blend

I’ll add that this thread prompted me to drink more coconut milk yesterday as opposed to rice or whatever carbs I used to eat in the evening.

best night of sleep in months..

OccamzRazer

No. The arthritic problems I developed were a complication of the severe periodontal disease I had developed.
Didn't know oral issues could cause arthritis - perhaps another example that energy and structure are interdependent at every level, as Peat says.

Glad you're feeling better!

OP
Jam

Jam

Jam can you expand on that,did you have cavities also?
Zero cavities.

Very short roots, 20 years of smoking a pack a day (I stopped in 2012), and not being bothered to get my teeth cleaned are the major causes. The dentists were always flabbergasted that the teeth they were pulling out were cavity free. I always had a ton of plaque buildup which I thought I was treating well enough by scraping it away with a very pointy steel pick, but it was accumulating under the gum where I couldn't see or reach.

In early 2012 my wisdom teeth started to become loose and eventually lost 2 of them while chewing food. When a front incisor became loose I decided that if I wanted to save at least some of my original teeth, I had to stop smoking and get a dental checkup. The dentists told me I had the teeth of a 20-year old, but the gums and bone of a 60-year old. I suffered through 5 deep cleaning procedures but still lost a few more molars.

That's when I decided to take matters into my own hands, and haven't lost another tooth since then... crossing fingers.

Nomane Euger

Zero cavities.

Very short roots, 20 years of smoking a pack a day (I stopped in 2012), and not being bothered to get my teeth cleaned are the major causes. The dentists were always flabbergasted that the teeth they were pulling out were cavity free. I always had a ton of plaque buildup which I thought I was treating well enough by scraping it away with a very pointy steel pick, but it was accumulating under the gum where I couldn't see or reach.

In early 2012 my wisdom teeth started to become loose and eventually lost 2 of them while chewing food. When a front incisor became loose I decided that if I wanted to save at least some of my original teeth, I had to get a dental checkup. The dentists told me I had the teeth of a 20-year old, but the gums and bone of a 60-year old. I suffered through 5 deep cleaning procedures but still lost a few more molars.

That's when I decided to take matters into my own hands, and haven't lost another tooth since then... crossing fingers.
Allright.i had pretty bad cavities,now 0 pain but the cavities are still there,I wondered for a while if these could be a free entrance for micro organismes into my mouth and cause inflammation Wether in my head or systemically

OP
Jam

Jam

Didn't know oral issues could cause arthritis - perhaps another example that energy and structure are interdependent at every level, as Peat says.

Glad you're feeling better!
What seems to happen is that, once the oral pathogens have access to the bloodstream, as after deep cleaning, gum surgery, tooth removal, etc. they float around and sort of get stuck in the joints. This causes the immune system to panic and mount a massive attack against the invaders, damaging host tissue in the process. This is why, in such cases, it is important to avoid chlorine and supplement extra iodine, as myeloperoxidase will employ hypochlorous acid during the neutrophil's respiratory burst which is damaging to host cells, while hypoiodous acid is not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals