The Cause Of Baldness

I think the fibrosis has to be among the best arguments I've heard about balding and its causes. From 2008:

Dermal fibrosis in male pattern hair loss: a suggestive implication of mast cells.

Dermal fibrosis in male pattern hair loss: a suggestive implication of mast cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Total numbers of MCs (tryptase-positive) in site-matched scalp samples were about 2-fold higher in MPHL subjects than in normal controls.

Basically more elastic fiber synthesis in balding sites of the head, which means likely an issue with it that affects hair growth "networks" above?

Last edited:

tallglass13

Okay guys Ive been spending time into why the skull expansion theory has some merit. I’ve dreaded this theory but I just found out how it can fit in a way that makes sense and a way that leaves room for us to do something about it

Many proponents of skull expansion theory show photos of guys who definitely seem to have had expanded skulls and bald heads. But then I realized this was bias. So I searched for non bald guys with expanded skulls with full heads of hair. Guess what I found tons of them. Hell Kurt Russel is one of those lucky guys.

It got me thinking. When your body grows. Your skin expands. Here’s something interesting if you grow too fast. You will get stretch marks. Stretched mark skin tends to be less versatile and more sensitive and thinner. This happens because fast growth puts tremendous stress on the skin. This results in not so great skin since the skin didn’t have the appropriate conditions to compensate appropriately.

Now when your skull expands you would think the follicle on your head under tension would also compensate and thicken. (Study cited below actually lends merit to this thought)

But in mpb it loses oxygen and blood flow and boom inflammation and boom dht and boom hair loss.

So basically those who don’t have hair loss have follicles that respond appropriately to this tension.

Standardized Scalp Massage Results in Increased Hair Thickness by Inducing Stretching Forces to Dermal Papilla Cells in the Subcutaneous Tissue

In healthy men hair thickens appropriately to mechanical stress. If we could determine the molecular mechanism behind how that happens. Then we can see if this mechanism is dysregulated in androgenic alopecia then we can find appropriate solutions that would address the problem from the start.

androgenic alopecia is essentially stretch marks thin weak skin scarred . Lol

Basically that study I quoted up there we need it to be replicated with men who have androgenic alopecia and then check the genes that are up regulated and downregulated

there are a bunch of guys on hairlosstalk using zinc and b6 topical citing a study that claims it inhibits dht 90% in scalp skin. Many have reported success of maintenance!

Here’s the thing I don’t think it does that by lowering the enzyme directly. It more than likely does this by reducing inflammation. the inflammation is what causes the upregulation in the 5ar in scalp skin.

Zinc and b6 are very peaty and Going back to my comparison of stretch marks and androgenic alopecia! Zinc is deficiency is highly associated with stretch marks. During periods of fast growth I theorize that zinc is one thing not shuttled fast enough in the skin when it needs to expand.

To summarize

All over Skull Expansion leads to mechanical stress. In Androgenic Alopecia prone men this leads to inflammation. This leads to up-regulation of Dht as a results leads to fibrosis and calcification

In normal men the skull expansion leads to hair follicle thickening.

fix this mechanism. And we stop AGA

Just another theory to throw out there
Regarding Kurt Russell, he has a square head shape, just like Brad Pitt, and any one else with Full head of hair. Its not about the size of skull. It ALL about the shape of the skull. Round pointy heads usually are bald. Large Bulbous heads are usually bald. This brings up Danny Roddy's take on this subject. He and others were saying that Acromagliacs or people like ANdre the Giant didn't go bald so the skull expansion theory is useless. Well, those guys all have or had Square head shapes. Like Frankenstein, he has a Square head, no baldness. Its about the roundness and the bulbous heads that have a hard time growing hair on that super tight skin with no blood flow and flattened arteries and veins.

tallglass13

His hairline is basically unchanged for decades.

12080754.129x225.jpg

ray-peat-diet-und-training_5c7fc546a2106-277x190.jpeg
Ray Peat is very Impressive. Not only is his hairline unchanged at 83, but he also never thinned at all. Most people that had amazing hair as a young person or middle aged, always have thinning and shrinking of hair into their 60-70's. Ray has even improved his density from my perspective. Not to mention most people have already died by late 70-early 80's.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think the fibrosis has to be among the best arguments I've heard about balding and its causes. From 2008:

Dermal fibrosis in male pattern hair loss: a suggestive implication of mast cells.

Dermal fibrosis in male pattern hair loss: a suggestive implication of mast cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Basically more elastic fiber synthesis in balding sites of the head, which means likely an issue with it that affects hair growth "networks" above?
Elevated parathyroid hormone and reduced CO2 leads to mast cell degranulation, which causes calcification and fibrosis

ilhanxx

Autoimmun disorder, wrong signal, body recognize like an enemy to hair, bad glucose metablism, continous inflamation->look at indomethacin (powerful prostaglandin blocker), high and toxic dht (because of low testosteron compansate), there is no same reason for everyone.

Inaut

Autoimmun disorder, wrong signal, body recognize like an enemy to hair, bad glucose metablism, continous inflamation->look at indomethacin (powerful prostaglandin blocker), high and toxic dht (because of low testosteron compansate), there is no same reason for everyone.

agree with this. so many factors to consider, all contributing to the disorder. I do agree with @Hans and others that think it's more related to CO2/ fibrosis and focus on this when trying to restore my own hairline.

Lucas

Skull Expansion Theory for Hair Loss by Paul Taylor
I have the eBook and I am doing the massages since April of 2019.

Have little hairs growing on my receding scalp. But since I have low body temperature, these little hairs are very weak.

Also, in the book it says to do the massage 3 times a day, but I only do it at night because it is boring.

In the book you learn to use compression forces whit your hands to use on the scalp to change the shape of the head and massages to blood flow. I only do the latter, since I don’t understand how to do the compression forces.

Last edited:

ilhanxx

What distance are your hairlines with finger measure? 4,5? mine is 4 fingers. Hair transplant centers take 4 fingers for standarts in turkey. Mine doesnt change until this time. But when I look at teenager photos, I see like hairlines receding. My skull is bigger and round.

lampofred

It seems to be mainly caused by muscle tension and muscle tension in turn seems to be caused mainly by low calcium to phosphate ratio. Many things affect this besides just dietary calcium vs phosphate intake. The more I read the less vain it seems to be to want to have a full head of hair, since hair loss is so deeply correlated with metabolic decline in all parts of the body...

schultz

Aren’t stretch marks caused by a collagen deficiency(outside ofrapid weight loss)?

I think it's cortisol, which can rapidly catabolize the skin. People with Cushings get massive amounts of striae.

D

Deleted member 5487

Okay guys Ive been spending time into why the skull expansion theory has some merit. I’ve dreaded this theory but I just found out how it can fit in a way that makes sense and a way that leaves room for us to do something about it

Many proponents of skull expansion theory show photos of guys who definitely seem to have had expanded skulls and bald heads. But then I realized this was bias. So I searched for non bald guys with expanded skulls with full heads of hair. Guess what I found tons of them. Hell Kurt Russel is one of those lucky guys.

It got me thinking. When your body grows. Your skin expands. Here’s something interesting if you grow too fast. You will get stretch marks. Stretched mark skin tends to be less versatile and more sensitive and thinner. This happens because fast growth puts tremendous stress on the skin. This results in not so great skin since the skin didn’t have the appropriate conditions to compensate appropriately.

Now when your skull expands you would think the follicle on your head under tension would also compensate and thicken. (Study cited below actually lends merit to this thought)

But in mpb it loses oxygen and blood flow and boom inflammation and boom dht and boom hair loss.

So basically those who don’t have hair loss have follicles that respond appropriately to this tension.

Standardized Scalp Massage Results in Increased Hair Thickness by Inducing Stretching Forces to Dermal Papilla Cells in the Subcutaneous Tissue

In healthy men hair thickens appropriately to mechanical stress. If we could determine the molecular mechanism behind how that happens. Then we can see if this mechanism is dysregulated in androgenic alopecia then we can find appropriate solutions that would address the problem from the start.

androgenic alopecia is essentially stretch marks thin weak skin scarred . Lol

Basically that study I quoted up there we need it to be replicated with men who have androgenic alopecia and then check the genes that are up regulated and downregulated

there are a bunch of guys on hairlosstalk using zinc and b6 topical citing a study that claims it inhibits dht 90% in scalp skin. Many have reported success of maintenance!

Here’s the thing I don’t think it does that by lowering the enzyme directly. It more than likely does this by reducing inflammation. the inflammation is what causes the upregulation in the 5ar in scalp skin.

Zinc and b6 are very peaty and Going back to my comparison of stretch marks and androgenic alopecia! Zinc is deficiency is highly associated with stretch marks. During periods of fast growth I theorize that zinc is one thing not shuttled fast enough in the skin when it needs to expand.

To summarize

All over Skull Expansion leads to mechanical stress. In Androgenic Alopecia prone men this leads to inflammation. This leads to up-regulation of Dht as a results leads to fibrosis and calcification

In normal men the skull expansion leads to hair follicle thickening.

fix this mechanism. And we stop AGA

Just another theory to throw out there

The skull is expanding due to calcium signaling from overhyped cells due to gut dysbosis. Androgens increase calcium signalling, histamine estrogen from gut fire off calcium.

Im pretty close to cracking the code. Studying the gut microbiome.

if your not taking taurine and l theaine I highly suggest u due.

I am getting a post together as I am experience regrowth. The galea is coming lose and pulling back down rather than pullin back

Jack Earth

The skull is expanding due to calcium signaling from overhyped cells due to gut dysbosis. Androgens increase calcium signalling, histamine estrogen from gut fire off calcium.

Im pretty close to cracking the code. Studying the gut microbiome.

if your not taking taurine and l theaine I highly suggest u due.

I am getting a post together as I am experience regrowth. The galea is coming lose and pulling back down rather than pullin back

according to elefanto l theanine causes hair loss. does he still post on here? he regrew hair using a decalcification stack

D

Deleted member 5487

according to elefanto l theanine causes hair loss. does he still post on here? he regrew hair using a decalcification stack

Where is that quote? L-Theanine is an antihistamine, anti-glutcort, antisertonin.

D

Deleted member 5487

Elphanto is mostly right, besides his sodium bicarbonate and magnesium recommendations. Also broccli is fine in moderation, but too much kills estrogen like mushrooms.
Approaching via increasing progesterone is much better.

Elphanto leans towards Gut->Histamine->calcium signalling
IGF-1/igbfb3 ratios..ect

He shoulda have focused more on T-Regulatory Cells
upload_2019-11-22_11-22-52.png

Jack Earth

Elphanto is mostly right, besides his sodium bicarbonate and magnesium recommendations. Also broccli is fine in moderation, but too much kills estrogen like mushrooms.

IGF-1/igbfb3 ratios..ect

He shoulda have focused more on T-Regulatory Cells View attachment 15742

I'll find the quote for you soon, but i believe it was in the haidut thread about l theanine.
What are your thoughts about the sodium bicarbonate and magnesium?
I actually hate taking the bicarbonate so I haven't been doing that at all anyway. I have been taking mag citrate though

Rjk

IGF-1/igbfb3 ratios..ect

He shoulda have focused more on T-Regulatory Cells View attachment 15742

I thought you said before baking soda was doing great things for your hair?

Also magnesium is meant to be one of his most important supps. Why do you disagree with these things and what else do you recommend that elephanto didn’t mention?

Cheers

Rjk

I think the l theanine elephanto said was too high a dose long term was bad. As were many of the b vitamin. I think he recommended high dose for short term for a specfic reason but not long term.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals