Weird theory - baldness is caused by low testosterone

Vanset

I have high shbg and pattern baldness. High-is total test, normal prolactin and e2.
i need numbers man. total t, free t, shbg etc. with ranges. extras would be igf-1, fasting insulin, liver panels, height, weoght, bf%. if you have high t you're bound to have high-ish shbg, but that doesn't mean it's out-of-place high

Peater

Attachments

• fat chad.png
    fat chad.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 32
OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

6) Castration stops baldness?

7) Analysis of hair steroid hormone concentrations at different parts of the head by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry - PubMed
"dihydrotestosterone (DHT) showing a peak in the central parietal region (z = 1.59) suggesting a correlation with AGA's clinical presentation. Whereas, no significant differences were observed for testosterone and cortisol between the parietal and occipital regions."

Can we stop the bull**** :/

A lot of people on hairlosstalk have felt that their hair loss began when their testosterone dropped

Last edited:
OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

DHT is up in many balding man, but it is not the cause of baldness. Actually body is sending DHT to the scalp trying to help.

Please read this

Testosterone in the scalp is up 100% if you take dutasteride

PhilParma

Right now I'm focused on decreasing PGD2, increasing PGE2, and killing yeast/fungus. T is probably good for hair since it aromatizes into estrogen, and I believe estrogen is on some level good for hair. Maybe DHT is good for masculinity, but bad for hair, and in excess it's a sign of inflammation. Much like how cholesterol isn't bad, but when it shows up in excess somewhere it's a sign that things have gone wrong. DHT is there to put out the inflammatory fire started by yeast/fungus. Yeast > inflammation > DHT & PGD2 > miniaturization. Very simplistic, but that's the way I'm looking at hairloss right now, if only to give me a clear vision of how to attack it. Eliminate yeast/fungus systemically and locally, reduce DHT and PGD2 locally, keep your DHT and your hair. Actually, I'm not really taking any steps to reduce DHT specifically other than I've stopped messing around with androsterone.

Right now I'm focused on decreasing PGD2, increasing PGE2, and killing yeast/fungus. T is probably good for hair since it aromatizes into estrogen, and I believe estrogen is on some level good for hair. Maybe DHT is good for masculinity, but bad for hair, and in excess it's a sign of inflammation. Much like how cholesterol isn't bad, but when it shows up in excess somewhere it's a sign that things have gone wrong. DHT is there to put out the inflammatory fire started by yeast/fungus. Yeast > inflammation > DHT & PGD2 > miniaturization. Very simplistic, but that's the way I'm looking at hairloss right now, if only to give me a clear vision of how to attack it. Eliminate yeast/fungus systemically and locally, reduce DHT and PGD2 locally, keep your DHT and your hair. Actually, I'm not really taking any steps to reduce DHT specifically other than I've stopped messing around with androsterone.
What’s your stategy in combating yeasr systemically/topically?

PhilParma

What’s your stategy in combating yeasr systemically/topically?
For systemic yeast, simply don't upset the gut, take coconut oil. Topically I spray piroctone olamine on my scalp to kill yeast. I would imagine zinc would help too, nutritionally and topically.

I'm applying diclofenac (voltaren) on on my scalp to reduce PGD2. Applying castor oil about once a week for a few hours, to increase PGE2 and to decrease PGD2.

PhilParma

I wish that I had the cojones to apply T directly to my scalp and see what happens, but I do not have them. Yo no tengo.

Charger

Just FYI, increasing PGE2 and lowering PGD2 have the same effects as increasing aromatization and lowering testosterone systemically, as in, you're still prone to anti-androgenic side effects.

PhilParma

Just FYI, increasing PGE2 and lowering PGD2 have the same effects as increasing aromatization and lowering testosterone systemically, as in, you're still prone to anti-androgenic side effects.
I attack that angle locally/topically and hope that it doesn't affect me much systemically. I wouldn't ingest castor oil or take diclofenac tablets.

A lot of people on hairlosstalk have felt that their hair loss began when their testosterone dropped

But that is anecdotal evidence at best. You can't use what some people "feel" to come to a sweeping generalization like "Baldness is caused by low testosterone". If you look at large-scale studies on balding men, differences in testosterone levels have not been found. There is a single study which shows a much higher level of DHT in the PLASMA of balding men, although most studies looking at overall serum do not see a difference. But for testosterone there is, to my knowledge, no such study.

GreekDemiGod

Whatever the root cause of male pattern baldness, it has to correlate with markers of aging. Balding is more present as a man ages in life.
Even Chads who maintain a NW1 hairline in their 40s and 50s start to have some temple recession in their 60s.
Another question worth asking is what makes European Caucasians more prone to balding.

Brad Pitt is 57 now, his hairline is still holding strong.
GQ%20Brad%20Pitt%20Birthday%20Hair%20TOUT.jpg

Beckham - started receding in his 30s, diffuse thinning in his 40s. He since then got a hair transplant.

28289898-0-image-a-31_1589268816606.jpg

HighT

Please read this

OK, but these are chemical castration pills. People with less T and DHT start balding. Dutasteride will **** the prostate even more. DHT is helpfull both for the prostate and balding.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Whatever the root cause of male pattern baldness, it has to correlate with markers of aging. Balding is more present as a man ages in life.
Even Chads who maintain a NW1 hairline in their 40s and 50s start to have some temple recession in their 60s.
Another question worth asking is what makes European Caucasians more prone to balding.

Brad Pitt is 57 now, his hairline is still holding strong.
GQ%20Brad%20Pitt%20Birthday%20Hair%20TOUT.jpg

Beckham - started receding in his 30s, diffuse thinning in his 40s. He since then got a hair transplant.

28289898-0-image-a-31_1589268816606.jpg

with all that being said, what do you think causes baldness?

I think Low testosterone plays a role

Charger

Low test can contribute due to higher cortisol and less testosterone to aromatize into estrogen. But the solution to MPB isn't just increasing or applying testosterone, obviously.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Low test can contribute due to higher cortisol and less testosterone to aromatize into estrogen. But the solution to MPB isn't just increasing or applying testosterone, obviously.

It's no different than telling a person they need a bottle of Progesterone to solve their baldness.

Same way of thinking.

Charger

It's no different than telling a person they need a bottle of Progesterone to solve their baldness.

Same way of thinking.

If you think testosterone is the cure for MPB that no one else has figured out all these years, then open a thread and start a log of your experience with it.

Would blow my mind to find out Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham went bald because they have low T.

Dutasteride is also well known in some cases for causing massive sheds/speeding up the balding process in those who don't treat this increase in testosterone with something like RU58841.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals