'DHT Sensitivity' = Level Of Inflammation?

FinnRooney

Entirely speculation... very general speculation:

I understand it is Ray Peat's view that hairloss is caused by estrogen/prolactin, and whilst there may be truth to that, the male pattern baldness IS different. There is male pattern baldness in both sexes however what is characteristic of male hair loss is the fibrosis/calcification (especially the latter).

As many people know, serum DHT has no effect on hair loss however there have been connections between tissue DHT and hair loss. I vaguely remember reading in Perfect Hair Health (amazing read, I just don't have the copy on this device so I cannot quote it), that DHT is often found in places of inflammation (not having caused it of course). I've also heard DHT promotes bone growth. Would it be at all possible that the inflammation, and the subsequent tissue DHT creates calcification, also explaining why thyroid levels have an integral role in the prevention of male pattern baldness (as it quells inflammation). I feel like this is a very reasonable theory. I understand the 'sensitivity' explanation is bogus but... this would be a very likely explanation, would also line up with a lot of the anecdotal data I've collected just by examining the state of hair of various people with various lifestyles/stress levels.

I understand the 'sensitivity' doesn't exist, but DHT isn't completely exempt from baldness nor does it directly cause hairloss. Please forgive my vague speculation, I'm more of a dreamer than a scientist, but hey you need all types.

baccheion

What causes calcification? Low vitamin D3, K2, and magnesium? What's associated with fibrosis? Estrogen, prolactin, and inflammation? What's associated with lessened fibrosis? Iodine.

One theory suggests calcification, inflammation, and decreased circulation occur first. Then testosterone ends up converting to DHT which causes increased hair shedding.

Another theory suggests it's lowered testosterone, as it's then no longer present to oppose inflammation.

Another theory goes in the direction of metabolic syndrome and high insulin.

Seems to consistently point to magnesium, MSM, and iodide on the scalp and internally. One (study?) used DMSO + magnesium ascorbyl phosphate. Iodide may serve the same antioxidant role as vitamin C, with magnesium opposing calcification.

Vitamin D3 pulls calcium out of tissues and into serum. Vitamin A is associated with release of GLA proteins that clear excess calcium when activated (by vitamin K). Etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals