Finasteride raises testosterone a large amount including in hair follicles

What can we learn from this?

Nothing.

Fin does a lot of things.
- Lowers DHT.
- Increases SHBG.
- Increases prolactin.
- Lowers adrenaline.

And even then, it's not a magic pill that cures hair loss and even when it is effective, it tends to cause unwanted/intolerable side effects for most. It's not a drug I'd have any interest in trying to mimic.

SamYo123

to test this hypothesis i have a surefire way of inducing balding via impaired liver function/ decrease in shbg production. ditch all dietary choline and start getting your carbohydrate from nothing else than for example fruit juices.

test your shbg now, ditch all starch, start drinking 3l of orange juice daily and test shbg again in 3 months.

you will slowly start getting more hairy and start receding at temples
OJ is also anti estrogen according to Peat

Charger

i has nothing to do with oj specifically but with big amount of fructose, to purposefully overwhelm your liver and downregulate HNF-4alpha

I do get scalp itch when drinking decent amounts of OJ vs something like apple juice or dry fruit, I'm sure there's more going on besides just high fructose intake.

Vanset

I do get scalp itch when drinking decent amounts of OJ vs something like apple juice or dry fruit, I'm sure there's more going on besides just high fructose intake.
haven't noticed a pattern here, but i definitely notice that when i drink big amount of fruit juices (2L+) my temples start to itch after like a week or maybe a bit more. in theory apple juice should induce this faster because of bigger fructose portion. the fastest way would be pure fructose powder. just torture your liver. effectivenes guaranteed

from the studies i have seen average liver can handle up to 100g of fructose daily. like I said: ditch all choline, load up on fruit juices, fatten up your liver, watch the hair fall

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Nothing.

Fin does a lot of things.
- Lowers DHT.
- Increases SHBG.
- Increases prolactin.
- Lowers adrenaline.

And even then, it's not a magic pill that cures hair loss and even when it is effective, it tends to cause unwanted/intolerable side effects for most. It's not a drug I'd have any interest in trying to mimic.

Testosterone is the cure for baldness

Charger

Testosterone is the cure for baldness

muh 1 study from 1965 = androgens cure hair loss

Not even you believe it.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

muh 1 study from 1965 = androgens cure hair loss

Not even you believe it.

more

Nebula

I lean towards the insufficiency of the kidneys to prevent metabolic acidosis theory that @Amarsh213 has proposed as being one of the major causes of hair loss. When I minimize my phosphorous intake, include plenty of citrates and potassium in my diet, minimize salt my scalp itch dissapears and hair shedding stops. The Western/modern diet is usually taxing on the kidneys and this can lead to high cortisol/prolactin and lower protective hormones.

High protein and salt seems to cause metabolic acidosis in many adults whose kidneys aren’t able to keep up for various reasons. High calcium intake isn’t always able to counter high phosphorous intake for many people so just switching out meat for dairy doesn’t always help. My scalp and hair feel way better on rice, potatoes, fruit and only small amounts of beef heart.

Last edited:

Charger

more

I don't know what threads made by some randoms freaking out about their hair loss on forums are supposed to prove. I noticed my own hair loss during a period of 'low T' as well, getting my androgens up hasn't halted hair loss, but it has made me act like less of a woman about it.

If you really believe this theory, test it out, make your own thread with pictures and prove to us you've found the cure.

Vanset

more

there are many ways to explain that.
their "low testosterone" could just be a result of hyperinsulinemia or impaired liver function both of which lower SHBG. another pathway i think is that if someone is hypogonadal then adrenals kick in to produce androgens (dhea-s). I wonder if this is why some people experience PFS? they were hypogonadal to begin with and fin only blocked the adrenal produced androgens and reverted them to their 'default' state?

HighT

DHT is up in many balding man, but it is not the cause of baldness. Actually body is sending DHT to the scalp trying to help.

Vanset

I lean towards the insufficiency of the kidneys to prevent metabolic acidosis theory that @Amarsh213 has proposed as being one of the major causes of hair loss. When I minimize my phosphorous intake, include plenty of citrates and potassium in my diet, minimize salt my scalp itch dissapears and hair shedding stops. The Western/modern diet is usually taxing on the kidneys and this can lead to high cortisol/prolactin and lower protective hormones.

High protein and salt seems to cause metabolic acidosis in many adults whose kidneys aren’t able to keep up for various reasons. High calcium intake isn’t always able to counter high phosphorous intake for many people so just switching out meat for dairy doesn’t always help. My scalp and hair feel way better on rice, potatoes, fruit and only small amounts of beef heart.
inuit and australian aboriginals would be hardcore balding then

Nebula

inuit and australian aboriginals would be hardcore balding then
Maybe their high animal gland intake keeps their thyroid and kidneys functioning throughout adulthood despite very high protein intake. I assume they have very low salt intake though, which may help as well. My scalp itch goes away when I use minimal salt. I’m hypothyroid so I seem to get into metabolic acidosis very easily.

Last edited:
because they have high, healthy shbg production by their liver and majority of dht is bound by it, as it is preferentially bound in your body. why do people test total testosterone and free testosterone, but they never test total estradiol, free estradiol, total dht and free dht? where did this double thinking pattern come from?

now i'm not saying that shbg androgens are inactive, their action is modified - how? no one knows for sure
I have high shbg and pattern baldness. High-is total test, normal prolactin and e2.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals