Weird theory - baldness is caused by low testosterone

johnwester130

1) Finasteride increases testosterone 7 times in the prostate

2) Finasteride increases testosterone 50% in hair follicles

3) Baldness is a state of high DHT and low testosterone

4) You want your testosterone to convert to DHT, but not all of it.

5) Taking testosterone lowers DHT anyway and normalises your levels of DHT. Testosterone acts like a DHT reducer

while local concentrations of testosterone in the prostate gland increase by about 7-fold and local testosterone levels in hair follicles increase by around 27 to 53%.[69][70]

Last edited:
OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

6) Castration stops baldness?

7) Analysis of hair steroid hormone concentrations at different parts of the head by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry - PubMed
"dihydrotestosterone (DHT) showing a peak in the central parietal region (z = 1.59) suggesting a correlation with AGA's clinical presentation. Whereas, no significant differences were observed for testosterone and cortisol between the parietal and occipital regions."

Can we stop the bull**** :/

Yes but why is DHT high? It is because your Testosterone got too low.

Vanset

So why aren't all teenage boys bald
because they have high, healthy shbg production by their liver and majority of dht is bound by it, as it is preferentially bound in your body. why do people test total testosterone and free testosterone, but they never test total estradiol, free estradiol, total dht and free dht? where did this double thinking pattern come from?

now i'm not saying that shbg androgens are inactive, their action is modified - how? no one knows for sure

Vanset

the most prevelant pattern i see with balding is WAIST CIRCUMFERENCE (visceral fat). next time you go outside, pay attention to skinny, slim men who have bellies as flat as women and then pay attention to men who have protruding bellies/beer bellies/love handles or are all around fat, you will notice this pattern:

slim/skinny men with flat bellies, no love handles whatsoever - most of them have good head of hair into old age
skinny fat(flabby belly types)/obese men - bald/balding/receding with beard/facial hair and excessive body hair growth

pay close attention to a mans waist circumference

Jam

I have a flat belly, good testosterone and dht, and am a norwood 3-4.

Charger

slim/skinny men with flat bellies, no love handles whatsoever - most of them have good head of hair into old age
skinny fat(flabby belly types)/obese men - bald with big beard and body hair growth

pay close attention to a mans waist circumference

Yeah this doesn't jibe with what I've seen at all. I work in a male dominated industry (construction) and my boss is a fat man in his 60s with a full head of gray hair.

I maybe know of one guy who is naturally skinny with a flat belly and decent hair density but he is only 30, so maybe it just hasn't caught up to him yet.

Vanset

I have a flat belly, good testosterone and dht, and am a norwood 3-4.
most=/=all, but that's the pattern you will notice when you go outside i can assure you
it would be more helpful to know your bloods

in the end balding IS caused by androgens(dht) and from the evidence we have now it does seem like "free androgens" (whetever they are measuring) are indeed more active than the shbg bound ones

Vanset

Yeah this doesn't jibe with what I've seen at all. I work in a male dominated industry (construction) and my boss is a fat man in his 60s with a full head of gray hair.

I maybe know of one guy who is naturally skinny with a flat belly and decent hair density but he is only 30, so maybe it just hasn't caught up to him yet.
just from this moment on, when you go outside pay attention to those things and i can assure you that you will notice a pattern.
also this one is tricky because just because you're fat doesnt mean you're metabolically impaired and that your liver function is impaired. you can be fat and have a healthy liver.

Peater

because they have high, healthy shbg production by their liver and majority of dht is bound by it, as it is preferentially bound in your body. why do people test total testosterone and free testosterone, but they never test total estradiol, free estradiol, total dht and free dht? where did this double thinking pattern come from?

now i'm not saying that shbg androgens are inactive, their action is modified - how? no one knows for sure

Have taken test base in DMSO and masterone and no difference to my hair at all.

Vanset

to test this hypothesis i have a surefire way of inducing balding via impaired liver function/ decrease in shbg production. ditch all dietary choline and start getting your carbohydrate from nothing else than for example fruit juices.

test your shbg now, ditch all starch, start drinking 3l of orange juice daily and test shbg again in 3 months.

you will slowly start getting more hairy and start receding at temples

Charger

just from this moment on, when you go outside pay attention to those things and i can assure you that you will notice a pattern.

I've already taken notice of these things, it is likely more often than not that high androgen, naturally lean men will have visible hair loss/bald and the estrogenic, effiminate, or skinny fat men tend to hold onto their hair, or atleast have less severe loss. Considering DHT actually helps prevent fat gain and promotes leanness, this makes sense.

If we're being honest, there is no consistent correlation either way and this is pretty open to subjective bias, you will see what you want to see.

Vanset

I've already taken notice of these things, it is likely more often than not that high androgen, naturally lean men will have visible hair loss/bald and the estrogenic, effiminate, or skinny fat men tend to hold onto their hair, or atleast have less severe loss. Considering DHT actually helps prevent fat gain and promotes leanness, this makes sense.

If we're being honest, there is no consistent correlation either way and this is pretty open to subjective bias, you will see what you want to see.
inyteresting because i notice the complete opposite. the naturally high androgen muscular/lean men with androgenic facial structure, strong brow ridge etc. will have nw1 hairlines and almost zero facial hair and chubby/obese/skinny fat men will have recession at temples and shitty scruffy neckbeards

Charger

inyteresting because i notice the complete opposite. the naturally high androgen muscular/lean men with androgenic facial structure, strong brow ridge etc. will have nw1 hairlines and almost zero facial hair and chubby/obese/skinny fat men will have recession at temples and shitty scruffy neckbeard

Yeah this definitely isn't my experience in the case of caucasian men, you're describing a literal chad in terms of appearance, the type that turns heads, and I just don't see that in reality too often (and basically never over the age of 30). Not to mention, if you think androgens causes hair loss, that body type is obviously driven by androgens and doesn't really make sense.

Other races, especially hispanic men, seem to do much better on the norwood front regardless of body type.

-Luke-

You know one skinny guy with decent hair density? Do you know very few skinny people in general, or do all the skinny people you know have hair loss? (serious question, I'm not trying to make fun of your observation).

I would say that I do not see any particular correlation between fat percentage and hair loss, either positive or negative.

Charger

You know one skinny guy with decent hair density? Do you know very few skinny people in general, or do all the skinny people you know have hair loss? (serious question, I'm not trying to make fun of your observation).

I would say that I do not see any particular correlation between fat percentage and hair loss, either positive or negative.

We probably need to be more descriptive than skinny. I'm thinking about guys who are low body fat with decent musculature, there are plenty of these in my industry, but very few with a good head of hair.

If we're just talking skinny, lanky, effiminate, vegan types, I'd agree that they tend to hold onto hair better, but they tend to be the complete opposite of androgenic in their nature or behavior.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Yeah this definitely isn't my experience in the case of caucasian men, you're describing a literal chad in terms of appearance, the type that turns heads, and I just don't see that in reality too often (and basically never over the age of 30). Not to mention, if you think androgens causes hair loss, that body type is obviously driven by androgens and doesn't really make sense.

Other races, especially hispanic men, seem to do much better on the norwood front regardless of body type.

no one is addresing the argument

Finasteride raises testosterone a large amount including in hair follicles

What can we learn from this?

Vanset

i'm slavic and this is the pattern that i see and i'm not at all biased.

viscera fat -> impaired liver function -> low shbg production -> excessive unbound dht -> hair loss and body hair growth

but this is not the only pathway. igf-1, 5-ar, adrenals and low gonadal function are all implicated. each case is unique and has to be confirmed with a blood test, but i wanted to paint the picture with a broad brush and imo this is the pattern people will notice once they satrt paying attention and i'm from a 99% caucasian country.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals