Solban review

Orius

I've been using this product for a year and a half to remedy thinning and balding on my crown and just wanted to write a review. I'm a 36 y/o male.

The product did not work. It made the hair on the rest of my head grow thicker and faster, requiring more frequent haircuts, but it did not do anything for the thinning on my crown. I'm aware of the ins and outs of male pattern baldness, including fibrosis in the hair follicles. I do have some fibrosis, but I do also still have a lot of small wispy hairs that I'm struggling to keep alive.

I use complementary methods with solban, such as light dermarolling once a week, scalp and neck massage, regulating hormones and diet, low PUFA, etc.

Solban simply did not work. I have been finding that products which contain DHT inhibitors, like rosemary/peppermint, saw palmetto, etc gave me better results. I have followed the theories on Raypeat for years, and I believe it's DHT and aging that causes this issue. My thyroid and adrenals are normal, I've done all the alternative stuff. Straight up localized DHT suppression is the only thing that slows it. I won't take finasteride or an internal inhibitor.

Perhaps others will have better luck with Solban. I think it's a great product for over all hair health for the hair you already have, but it did nothing to even slow down my crown balding.

johnwester130

I've been using this product for a year and a half to remedy thinning and balding on my crown and just wanted to write a review. I'm a 36 y/o male.

The product did not work. It made the hair on the rest of my head grow thicker and faster, requiring more frequent haircuts, but it did not do anything for the thinning on my crown. I'm aware of the ins and outs of male pattern baldness, including fibrosis in the hair follicles. I do have some fibrosis, but I do also still have a lot of small wispy hairs that I'm struggling to keep alive.

I use complementary methods with solban, such as light dermarolling once a week, scalp and neck massage, regulating hormones and diet, low PUFA, etc.

Solban simply did not work. I have been finding that products which contain DHT inhibitors, like rosemary/peppermint, saw palmetto, etc gave me better results. I have followed the theories on Raypeat for years, and I believe it's DHT and aging that causes this issue. My thyroid and adrenals are normal, I've done all the alternative stuff. Straight up localized DHT suppression is the only thing that slows it. I won't take finasteride or an internal inhibitor.

Perhaps others will have better luck with Solban. I think it's a great product for over all hair health for the hair you already have, but it did nothing to even slow down my crown balding.

ever tried

p5p
zinc
caffeine

i think the salycylic acid prevents new regrowth

Sam321

Have you tried the carrot salad?

OP
O

Orius

Have you tried the carrot salad?

I would never try something so absurd for hair loss. The DHT theory is the most sound. You inhibit scalp DHT and you inhibit male pattern baldness. People like to discredit DHT on the basis that adolescent males have the highest amount of DHT and they don't go bald; but that demonstrates a poor understanding of genetics. Senescence genes activate at different parts in a person's life and they are hormone sensitive. A person with high DHT may not show baldness until their late 20's or 30's because senescence genes have not yet activated.

The only treatments that slow my hair loss are DHT inhibitors with good diet and lifestyle. I won't take finasteride, but I will use localized natural-based inhibitors on my scalp. I wish I didn't waste time with the other theories peddled by this forum, I would've saved myself a lot of hair loss.

Sam321

I would never try something so absurd for hair loss. The DHT theory is the most sound. You inhibit scalp DHT and you inhibit male pattern baldness. People like to discredit DHT on the basis that adolescent males have the highest amount of DHT and they don't go bald; but that demonstrates a poor understanding of genetics. Senescence genes activate at different parts in a person's life and they are hormone sensitive. A person with high DHT may not show baldness until their late 20's or 30's because senescence genes have not yet activated.

The only treatments that slow my hair loss are DHT inhibitors with good diet and lifestyle. I won't take finasteride, but I will use localized natural-based inhibitors on my scalp. I wish I didn't waste time with the other theories peddled by this forum, I would've saved myself a lot of hair loss.
Have you tried the mushroom salad?