Surrogates For Thyroid Hormone

SQu

With 500 mg niacinamide it put me to sleep which was the LAST thing I was expecting! I took 2doses like that and went back to bed! Today I dropped the niacinamide to 300 and so far so good. So that's 225 mg caffeine, 300 mg aspirin and 300 mg each b1 and niacinamide. Considering taking it again as feeling mildly warm and good. Who would have thought so much caffeine without jitters?! You know I think aspirin is the single biggest thing for me of all the diet/supps. I think it's done the most for me.

Filip1993

I tried 325 mg aspirin, 250 mg niacinamide, 200 mg caffeine and 200 mg b1 yesterday. I also added 10 mg of B6. No problem going to sleep at all, slept like a baby.

Mittir

haidut said:
This post is directed at those who have issues with large doses of caffeine. For a long time caffeine caused me to have "jitters", even when taken with enough sugar. Recently I was reading on the design of the RedBull energy drink and how taurine was added to mitigate the caffeine "jitters". Taurine is not bad idea but for many people is too sedative. So, I thought of doing another combo - caffeine and niacinamide. Niacinamide in higher doses acts like a benzo (Valium) and should mitigate the nervousness caused by caffeine.

That is a very interesting finding. I was wondering if large amount of Taurine in goat's and
Buffallo milk ( about 7 mg per 100 grams) is enough to stop jitters from caffeine in coffee.
I have been using about 20-30 grams of instant coffee( 600-900 mg of caffeine)
in 1 quart of grass-fed cow's milk with a lot of sugar/honey. I never felt jittery and it is
very calming, even when i drink a cup before bed. Red bull also add a lot of niacinamide.
Do you think niacinamide alone is enough to stop jitters ?
Have you tried only caffeine and niacinamide combo?
I am thinking if people with Aspirin problem can try only caffeine and niancinamide.

aquaman

I tried the mix of 200mcg + 1 cup of strong coffee (probably 150mcg), 1000mg of Niacinimide and 600mg of aspirin , 100mg of B1, and feel great now an hour later (it's midday here). Temp is 98.1 which is high for me - normally around 97.5 at midday

Hands are warm and body feels warm and toasty - normally this much caffeine would give me jitters and cold hands, feet and feeling adrenaline - but feel energetic and calm

will report on sleep tonight as this much caffeine would normally give me sleep issues (feeling "buzzed" between 10pm-1am)

Peata

I've slept great every night. But I'm not getting from this what everyone else is so far. I got a little warm in hands and feet after being cold half the afternoon yesterday. I might have warmed up anyway with food and coffee.

I think I'm going to wait until lunch to take it today, and increase some of the dosages.

Thanks, Filip. Keep us informed how this goes for you.

Peata

OK, I just took my increased dose after eating.

10:30 a.m.
1 Alka Seltzer (325 mg. aspirin)
1,000 mg. Niacinamide
200 mg Caffeine (on top of some coffee)
plus, 500 mg. B1

I take the B1 daily, but usually just 250 mg. I dissolved the AS in a T of water, then added 1/2 c. OJ and 1 t. sugar. I also took my other usual things for this time of day, including P5P (or B6), K, etc.

aquaman

aquaman said:
I tried the mix of 200mcg + 1 cup of strong coffee (probably 150mcg), 1000mg of Niacinimide and 600mg of aspirin , 100mg of B1, and feel great now an hour later (it's midday here). Temp is 98.1 which is high for me - normally around 97.5 at midday

Hands are warm and body feels warm and toasty - normally this much caffeine would give me jitters and cold hands, feet and feeling adrenaline - but feel energetic and calm

will report on sleep tonight as this much caffeine would normally give me sleep issues (feeling "buzzed" between 10pm-1am)

OK it's now about 3 hours later, body temp has droppped to 96.9 and I feel a little jittery.

I've had 20ounces / 600ml of orange juice, and 10ounces / 300 milk with 2 tbs sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt since lunch so I don't think it's lack of food.

Filip1993

I'm going to do one 325 mg aspirin, 250 mg niacinamide and 200 mg caffeine "dose" from now. Took two "doses" today and I think I pushed my metabolism to hard. Crazy high temperatures and I had to eat constantly to feel good. It's seems like a reliable way to increase metabolism.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this combo is amazing when I take the right amount, I haven't felt this good in a long time. Thanks Haidut :D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Mittir said:
haidut said:
This post is directed at those who have issues with large doses of caffeine. For a long time caffeine caused me to have "jitters", even when taken with enough sugar. Recently I was reading on the design of the RedBull energy drink and how taurine was added to mitigate the caffeine "jitters". Taurine is not bad idea but for many people is too sedative. So, I thought of doing another combo - caffeine and niacinamide. Niacinamide in higher doses acts like a benzo (Valium) and should mitigate the nervousness caused by caffeine.

That is a very interesting finding. I was wondering if large amount of Taurine in goat's and
Buffallo milk ( about 7 mg per 100 grams) is enough to stop jitters from caffeine in coffee.
I have been using about 20-30 grams of instant coffee( 600-900 mg of caffeine)
in 1 quart of grass-fed cow's milk with a lot of sugar/honey. I never felt jittery and it is
very calming, even when i drink a cup before bed. Red bull also add a lot of niacinamide.
Do you think niacinamide alone is enough to stop jitters ?
Have you tried only caffeine and niacinamide combo?
I am thinking if people with Aspirin problem can try only caffeine and niancinamide.

Taurine has a number of studies going for it on PubMed that say it directly reduces plasma adrenalin. However, the explanation was that it does so by stimulating the release of GABA, and niacinamide also has studies that it does the exact same thing. So, they should be both effective in reducing jitters but at least for me niacinamide is not sedative in doses of up to 1500mg and it has other benefits for metabolism. So, I am sticking to it for now. It's day 4 of taking the combo and I just can't get enough of it. I have been able to do so much at work AND work out, which was unthinkable up until a week ago. I am also coming close to my 4 year mark of severe PUFA restricted diet, so if my PUFA has been depleted as planned that may be another reason why metabolism seems to be top notch.

SQu

It didn't work so good for me .yesterday 3 doses (3rd was just caffeine) nearly 700 mg caffeine in all did not energize at all! Just made me sleepy and left me with a little nagging serotonin headache which has finally gone with the aid of early morning sunlight in the mountains! And I could really do with some t3 seeing as the doc did not give enough and I have stopped the t4 for now as was clearly making me more hypo.

Peata

I'm still taking this 2x day, in varying doses, but I don't really feel much from it as others are.

Yesterday, after taking the higher dose and having lunch about 3 hours later, I felt really good, but that may have been because I was so hungry and ate. I felt very good after eating. Then within 1.5 - 2 hours I crashed and felt drained all evening. Not saying this is directly because of the supplements or the food. It may just be a premenstrual thing in my case.

However, I'll continue this for a while. Maybe it's helping protect me as I lose weight this week.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have done this a couple of days in a row and whoa! Definitely a good idea to make sure nutrients are in check when pushing up the metabolism so hard. Especially B6 for me.

Peata

Charlie said:
I have done this a couple of days in a row and whoa! Definitely a good idea to make sure nutrients are in check when pushing up the metabolism so hard. Especially B6 for me.

Can you elaborate on what the symptoms of pushing up the metabolism are?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nutrient deficiencies, skin problems, dermatitis, adrenaline and peeing too much. More estrogen and all the other stress hormones.

Filip1993

Charlie said:

Haha yeah definitely, I got some acne which usually means that I push my metabolism to hard.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Filip1993 said:
Haha yeah definitely, I got some acne which usually means that I push my metabolism to hard.
So I would think Vitamin A would need to be looked at. Or maybe even zinc?

Filip1993

Charlie said:
Filip1993 said:
So I would think Vitamin A would need to be looked at. Or maybe even zinc?

Yes. Liver, oysters and supplement some B-vitamins maybe. I'm just doing "one dose", it's more than enough for me. Otherwise I have to eat constantly which is expensive and time consuming...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeh I can only handle one dose a day right now. I could not imagine doing 2. :lol:

Peata

At 2 doses per day, one of them is smaller. Like, half an aspirin, half the caffeine.

I can't say I'm any hungrier than usual.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals